Denoise renders and save a LOT of time! (Nvidia not Reqd)

Comments

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited March 2019

messing with the registry scares me a tad surprise I might muster up courage later

The worse that can happen is either you give a wrong path and it won't work, or you won't even have the denoise command in explorer. That's pretty much harmless even if you do somthing wrong. If you are really scared, you can extract the denoiser in the same path as me an just copy paste the lines I put

@everyone who is trying the explorer command, be aware that it will open one process per file simultaneously. Processing too much file at the same time may hang your computer. Process carefully. I guess the limit depends on your CPU. I don't know yet if Windows imposes a limit

I may create another command to process a whole directory one file after the other if someone asks for it

Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

yeah I took a deep breath and ran it and rebooted and not in my right click options either

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited March 2019

Yea, I love the idea of the right-click menu.  I prefer to limit its scope.  I tried this for both .png and pngfile, and restarted explorer.exe (?) thinking it was the shell, but don't see it.

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2019

@Takeo.Kensei Thank you very much

Works fine for me.

But the name of the new file is strange. 19_Bridget 8.png becomes 19_Bridget 8.png.denoised.png (I changed your jpg to png, maybe I was wrong!))

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

@Wendy_Carrara and 3dOutlaw I don't know why you wouldn't have the command. The only thing I can think of would be that you didn't accept registry modification or something prevented them ? You may not have the right to do such modification, so you may have to make sure you're admin

It is also possible to restrict the thing to some format but that's a bit more complicated

@xmasrose (aka tulipe) Yes, I add .denoised.jpg to the whole filename instead of using a prefix. It's easier to compare with an image browser since the beginning of the name is the same and I jjust have to order files by name

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    Taoz said:

Can you do that with any pictures, or does it have to be renders (I imagine they may have a particular noise pattern)?

Denoisers are generally "tuned" to a particular domain (digital camera sensor, physics based renderer, digital x-ray, etc) so you'd have to change some parameters to get a good denoise of something other than a render.

@Wendy_Carrara and 3dOutlaw I don't know why you wouldn't have the command. The only thing I can think of would be that you didn't accept registry modification or something prevented them ? You may not have the right to do such modification, so you may have to make sure you're admin

It is also possible to restrict the thing to some format but that's a bit more complicated

@xmasrose (aka tulipe) Yes, I add .denoised.jpg to the whole filename instead of using a prefix. It's easier to compare with an image browser since the beginning of the name is the same and I jjust have to order files by name

I have it working now with a bit of help from a friend on skype with my path which was indeed the issue

and thankyou Takeo, this is handy even though I wouldn't do an image series and litter my desktop with cmd windows to close devil

and thankyou Takeo, this is handy even though I wouldn't do an image series and litter my desktop with cmd windows to close devil

Glad you got it working. :)

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,476

Does Iray have an albedo canvas??

afaik it should be doable via LPE but it seems it doesn't work properly.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/205886/light-path-expressions-iray

edited March 2019

Thanks, I will figure it out eventually  :)

Strike that, never figured it out.  My associations and filetypes are a mess.  None of the online tut's or utilities worked.  So, I changed the name to "Denoise PNG", changed it to cmd /k so I could see it process (for errors), and needed another set of quotes to handle spaces in my path to the denoiser.exe.

Works!  Thanks!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • if someone could suggest why the bat file not working for me I would really appreciate it heart

Seems the problem is only on Win 7 https://declanrussell.com/portfolio/nvidia-ai-denoiser/#comment-326

The process doesn't seem to close after processing the file.

I've created a shell command for Windows explorer so that I can multiselect files and denoise them. I still have to close all windows

Open a notepad and paste following lines. I've extracted the archive in C:\neural\denoiser , so the path must be changed according to yours. Save as a .reg file then double click it to make my modification in registry

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\denoise]
    @="Denoise"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\denoise\Command]
    @="cmd /c \"C:\\neural\\Denoiser\\DENOISER.exe -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.denoised.jpg\"\""

With that you can select one or many files in Windows explorer, then right click and choose "Denoise" to denoise them in one go. When all denoise are finished you can right click the CMD window in the taskbar then select "Close all windows" in order to close them all

This works great with the denoiser, thanks!

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100

I said de-noise the render. Noise! N O I S E!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited September 2019

Well here's the current DragNDrop version, if anyone is interested. Requires NET 4 (and an NVidia card if you want to use the NVidia denoiser):

https://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/dnden/

Post edited by Taoz on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    Taoz said:

Well here's the DnD version, if anyone is interested. Requires NET 4 (and an NVidia card, unfortunately). It's just a test version so it will expire march 30, the final version will not expire. Will add more options under settings when basic functionality has been tested OK. So far only tested in Windows 10.

https://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/dnd_id/DnD_For_Intel_Denoiser_1.000.zip

Thank you very much for that, it works perfectly!!!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited March 2019

Its did not work for me unfortunately  I kept getting this error. I'm properly missing net4

Capture.JPG
    1051 x 583 - 102K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    Mattymanx said:
    Taoz said:

Well here's the DnD version, if anyone is interested. Requires NET 4 (and an NVidia card, unfortunately). It's just a test version so it will expire march 30, the final version will not expire. Will add more options under settings when basic functionality has been tested OK. So far only tested in Windows 10.

https://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/dnd_id/DnD_For_Intel_Denoiser_1.000.zip

Thank you very much for that, it works perfectly!!!

You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback!

Ivy said:

Its did not work for me unfortunately  I kept getting this error. I'm properly missing net4

Hm, sure you selected the correct folder for the Denoiser.exe?

yes I even went under settings to make sure i had the correct path ..

edited March 2019

I reinstalled the denoiser to another folder instead of the temp folder and reinstalled the dnd to the new folder as well thats seem to fix it

though I was still getting errors when I excuted the denoiser. other wise your drop and drag works great as long as everything is located tgether .

Edit: Thank you it does work  great

2.JPG
    642 x 454 - 44K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited March 2019
    Ivy said:

I don't think you're missing NET 4 as Windows usually asks if you want to install it if an app needs it. Though I don't recall if also Windows 7 does that, if you use that OS you may have to install it manually.

But here's a NET 3.5 version, try if that works for you:

https://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/dnd_nvd/DnD_For_NVidia_Denoiser_1.000_NET3.5.zip

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited March 2019
    Ivy said:

I reinstalled the denoiser to another folder instead of the temp folder and reinstalled the dnd to the new folder as well thats seem to fix it

though I was still getting errors when I excuted the denoiser. other wise your drop and drag works great as long as everything is located tgether .

Edit: Thank you it does work  great

OK, that's the NET 4 version? I don't get those warnings though so it looks like something is working differently in Win 7. Do the command line windows close automatically when done (they should)?

Here's how they look for me:

denoise_command.png
    616 x 316 - 105K
    Post edited by Taoz on

I think the problem is that you're using a different version of the Denoiser (1.0) than me (2.2). I got the 2.2 version from the link in the first post in this thread, but I think that 3dOutlaw has changed the link later so it points to 1.0 as I can't find a link to the page with 2.2. anymore. Will try to sort this out...

edited March 2019

I do have a older system with windows 7 pro and i have hyper-threading cranked, so I suspecting its has maybe something to do with the hyper-threading

but it works in windows 7 great inspite of the errors during execution .   the denoiser removes all the noise from several images i tried, so I do think the errors maybe how windows 7 reads the denoiser.

so I can put up with errors if its still removing the noise from the images  The errors are just telling me that the infinity thread settings are failing to be recognized,    .BTW great work on the Drop & drag app that was brilliant .

Thank you very much

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Taoz said:

I think the problem is that you're using a different version of the Denoiser (1.0) than me (2.2). I got the 2.2 version from the link in the first post in this thread, but I think that 3dOutlaw has changed the link later so it points to 1.0 as I can't find a link to the page with 2.2. anymore. Will try to sort this out...

Are you sure that 2.2 is the IntelOIDenoiser and not the NVidia AI Denoiser. The latter is at 2.2.

There are 2 denoisers...intel and nvidia.  The latest intel is 1.0, the latest nvidia script is 2.2.  I linked to the Intel, as I was having nVidia problems, and see the title of the thread  :)

They are here:

Intel - https://github.com/DeclanRussell/IntelOIDenoiser/releases

Nvidia - https://github.com/DeclanRussell/NvidiaAIDenoiser/releases

edited March 2019

2.2 does not work at all for me so I'll stick with 1.1

Capture.JPG
    614 x 107 - 25K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Taoz said:
    Ivy said:

I don't think you're missing NET 4 as Windows usually asks if you want to install it if an app needs it. Though I don't recall if also Windows 7 does that, if you use that OS you may have to install it manually.

But here's a NET 3.5 version, try if that works for you:

https://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/dnd_id/DnD_For_Intel_Denoiser_1.000_NET3.5.zip

Holy moly, just tried this out, and this is awesome!! Thanks.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    3dOutlaw said:

There are 2 denoisers...intel and nvidia.  The latest intel is 1.0, the latest nvidia script is 2.2.  I linked to the Intel, as I was having nVidia problems, and see the title of the thread  :)

They are here:

THAT'S why it wasn't doing anything. LOL

Laurie

edited March 2019
    3dOutlaw said:

They are here:

Ah, that explains it. :) I was only aware of the NVidia version when I started on the project, and didn't notice the other one. So the whole thing became a bit confusing, especially because version 1.0 seemed to be newer than 2.2 . Well I'Il see if I can make it work for both, apparently it already works partially for the Intel version also.

ETA: total confusion I can see, I thought I was working with the Intel version (hence the file name) while it actually was the NVidia version. So the current version is actually made for the NVidia version, it anyone should be in doubt...

Post edited by Taoz on