OT: Calling all DAZaholic Writers, Camp Nano is Upon Us!

LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Can you believe it's that time again? April is less than two weeks away, which means it's Camp Nano time! This is a smaller version of NanoWrimo where you write with a group. It's a lot of fun, and happens in April and July.

I've set up a cabin for DAZaholics who are also writers, called DAZaholic Writers. We've also got an FB group called DAZaholic Writers for year-round encouragement. It's laid back and we post when we have time. 

If you'd like to join us in the Camp Nano cabin this time around:

1. Sign in or sign up for a free account at http://campnanowrimo.org
  2. Set up your writing project (Important! I can't add you if you don't have one!) 
  3. Let me know what your Camp Nano username is. You can post here, PM me here or message me through Camp Nano's system (my username there is kimberlygordon)
  4. I'll send an invite to your cabin
  5. Accept the invitation

Hope to see you there!  

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Memo to self: Oi Tim! Remember that writing gig . . . ? Well, get your arse in gear!!!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Memo to self: Oi Tim! Remember that writing gig . . . ? Well, get your arse in gear!!!

The struggle is real! I'm trying to learn modeling and work on products while writing a series. Totally feeling your pain! 

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Booo hooo hooooo, I already have so many stories in progress. But this sounds fun.

Pick one and come join us! There are no rules, just fun and support. smiley

• I wonder if my nano account is still active. Havnt participated in nanowrimo or camp in over a year. Maybe I'll join a group this year.
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

I am trying to think of a project ASAP. Then I will post here.

• Does it have anything to with Daz or is it just writing? I use daz for a lot of my ideas for characters

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279

I have done a few Nanowrimos, but not sure I will have time this year :(

Does it have anything to with Daz or is it just writing? I use daz for a lot of my ideas for characters

The camp nanowrimo is not Daz related but the DAZaholic cabin is sort of related.

Does it have anything to with Daz or is it just writing? I use daz for a lot of my ideas for characters

It's just a bunch of us DAZ users who also like to write. Many of us use DAZ in our workflow for character development. You are welcome to join us! 

I am trying to think of a project ASAP. Then I will post here.

You can just call it "project" if you want. Something just has to be set up before the invites will work. 

I wonder if my nano account is still active. Havnt participated in nanowrimo or camp in over a year. Maybe I'll join a group this year.

We'd love to have you! Come on down! 

• I'm signed up, thanks for the reminder!  LyrraMadril if anyone wants to find me on there

LM

Hi Lyrra! I sent you an invite to our cabin. We'd love to have you with us! 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Ok, signed up. Tim_A. I'm determined to get somewhere this time!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Cheering y'all on from the sidelines again.  No time for me this month.  Hope to be ready in Summer.

Ok, signed up. Tim_A. I'm determined to get somewhere this time!

Woohoo! Invite sent! And I know how you feel. Just spent two hours coming up with product ideas that I have no clue how to make yet, rather than editing a Black Kat chapter. LOL

Cheering y'all on from the sidelines again.  No time for me this month.  Hope to be ready in Summer.

We'd love to have you with us in July! 

• Llynara said:
    I wonder if my nano account is still active. Havnt participated in nanowrimo or camp in over a year. Maybe I'll join a group this year.

We'd love to have you! Come on down! 

Thank you. I'll try to get my notes together by the weekend so I can join. I'm polishing up act one and need to get started on act two and finish my summary for act three.

Trying to think about my camp nanowrimo story.

Now that my migraine is almost completely gone I can think of camp nanowrimo story.  I was starting to think that my MC could start off with an affair with a character named Alice, until I remembered that she was originally his daughter.  It is one thing to cheat on his fiancé with another woman, but to also have incest at the same time is not the right message I want to portray for the MC.  So I am thinking of having him have an affair with Alice’s mother Ebony.  I can start developing Ebony.

I am thinking Alice has traits similar to a combination of Alice in Twilight and Rogue in X-men.  I have decided that Ebony (My Alice’s mum) the issue that she can absorb other people’s energy, life force, abilities, etc etc etc from others.  That is not the only thing that makes her an outcast.  

Ebony is part of a race I am calling Wraith and they have a sister race called A’Nti’N or something like that.  The relationship between the Wraith and A’Nti’N are similar between the Star Trek Vulcan and Romulans, sort of.  The A’Nti’N are more like Vulcans as they try to control their emotions, but that is where the similarities end. Both are vampiric in a similar way.  Both drink blood but prefer sentient races, but they also can feed off of life force energy.

I am also still trying to figure out pronunciation of their race name.  I think it is Ah Ni ti eh en.  Picture a mix between Vulcans and Drows.  They live in a caste like society.  The A’Nti’N are genetically engineered and forbid sex.  They created basically two genders, female which is called Nti (pronounced Ni Ti eh and hermaphrodite like gender K’Nti (pronounced Ki Ni Ti Eh).  Nti are considered the better gender while K’Nti are the lesser gender.  There is actually a third gender K’Nga (prounced probably ki ni gee ah).  They are the men and since majority of the A’Nti’N are created in vitro K’Nga are rare but still made for hard labor.

They also prefer dark skin to be different from the pale wraiths.  They try to genetically engineer themselves to have as dark as they can get.  So basically they are dark skinned vampires which means they need somebody to feed on.  So basically in the ancient past basically there were alien races who would go across the galaxies in search of either labor or food or sometimes both or something else.  They would kidnap people of what they considered primitive species and spread them across the galaxies.  Gotta go.  I will ramble about my story ideas later.

Oops I rambled too much and killed the thread?

Sounds like you put a lot of thought into it! 

I have similar conversations with myself about plotlines all the time, LOL

Llynara said:

Sounds like you put a lot of thought into it! 

I have similar conversations with myself about plotlines all the time, LOL

MissBadWolf has created a project.

54A8036D-805A-4C22-9C25-15D66E3D5B4B.png
    1536 x 2048 - 2M
  • Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited March 2019

I'm in! I have GOT to finish my latest novel. 

Edit: my camper name is Melissa Conway.

Post edited by Melissa Conway on

Invites sent. Welcome! 

And Melissa, that's a stunning avatar pic! 

• I'll be there on the weekend. I'll let you know what username to invite then.
    Llynara said:

Invites sent. Welcome! 

I got it and accepted.

• Thanks for the invite! My avatar pic is actually a photo of me. I only wish I could render something that realistic. cheeky 

Llynara said:

Invites sent. Welcome! 

Thanks for the invite! My avatar pic is actually a photo of me. I only wish I could render something that realistic. cheeky 

Llynara said:

Invites sent. Welcome! 

I think the majority of us wish we could, but the rest are interested in cartoon renders.  I forgot the right word for that.

• My Camper name is CSB. Hope to finish the novel's text before year's end. I keep getting distracted designing my animal characters in DAZ - especially a custom black-shanked douc langur morph for Genesis. Trying to put together a cover concept by the weekend.