Blocks and not figures

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Hi,

SO my new computer I just got, turned out to have some issues.  SO I had to send it back.  Got my older machine back up and running and got everything going in a good direction but today I was going to work on some of the Gino issues feedback I got from Andy at Rosity but upong double clicking on my files I get blocks instead of Genesis 8 Male.  I tried Re-Importing the meta data but that doesn't work.  

I know I've been down this road before, as many of us have, but I don't know what to do to get things going in a good direction again.  I know reinstalling the base packages again would work but I think I really think that's necessary.  

Help?  Thanks! 

Richard 

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

Sounds like it can't find the data files :( What I did like about Poser (and I'm sure Daz didn't...lol) is that with a lot of things Poser would imbed the stuff in the scene file so that we didn't have this problem.

Laurie

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Funny thing is that the data is all there.  Just not pointing correctly.  Weird.  Wondering why, if this is correct, DAZ has exact paths set rather than a shortened path 

Example C:/>>>>>>> My Library/data/>>>>> rather than My Library/data/>>>>>

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142
    RAMWolff said:

Funny thing is that the data is all there.  Just not pointing correctly.  Weird.  Wondering why, if this is correct, DAZ has exact paths set rather than a shortened path 

Example C:/>>>>>>> My Library/data/>>>>> rather than My Library/data/>>>>>

Oh, might be, you're right. Daz might be using absolute paths rather than relative? I know from editing many a Poser file that Poser used relative paths for almost everything. Would think tho that because DS is so tied to the data folder that those paths would be absolute. Just a guess tho.

Laurie

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    It shouldn't be exact paths as far as I know, I've moved files from one computer to another. Do you have more than one directory though, and are they all mapped? I have had issues before where I had the files installed, but didn't realize that the directory I needed wasn't mapped yet. Does loading content from the directory work, like just opening a new G8M or something? Or does that get the blocks too?
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Thanks.

The only mapped paths I have are to my main content library and my beta library for building content.