Does importing a model into Hexagon destroy it's poser and animation attributes ?

I am quite new to Daz so there are features I have not fully explored yet but right now I have a perplexing problem.

I have a Daz purchased figure I wanted to modify ever so slightly in Hexagon, a program I thought was available to cover the modelling aspects of it. I exported it straight through to Hexagon.

As a test I put a small bump on the mesh and returned it directly toDaz. Now, when I add an pre-animated pose all I get is a slanted figure that bounces around but the hand and body gestures that worked OK before I exported it no longer function as they did previously. It would appear that tampering with the model's mesh in Hexagon destroys all the attributes.Am I correct to assume this ?

This leads me to my questions which are...

Can I remodel this model and mesh, or indeed any model and mesh, in Daz alone and not affect it at all because it is not exported to another program or does tampering with the mesh even in Daz also render any poses and animation useless ?

Is it not possible to modify the mesh of a Daz model in Hexagon without sacrificing all of the attributes that originally belonged to it in Daz?

Or.....how do I restore this slightly changed mesh to perform it's original poses and animated functions ?

Will I have to re-rig it and then re-animate it from scratch ?

Are there any other programs or techniques that I am not aware of that would help me to circumvent this problem ?

My plans for modifying this model have come to a grinding halt and I would welcome any suggestion that would get me moving again.Sometimes, not understanding what Daz Studio or Hexagon won't do is just as much of a challenge as not understanding what Daz Sudio or Hexagon will do, if that is not a perverse way of describing it !

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• What did you do in Hexagon? If you added new geometry then it won't work as a morph but will load as a new item (which you could rig using the Transfer Utility); as long as you move the vertices around but don't add new geometry (or remove existing geometry) it should return to DS as a morph which can be applied to the base figure.