HUGE PROBLEM: I need a G8F HD-Addon that looks as detailed & muscular as Ophelia 7's HD Addon!

Is there a G8F HD-Addon that looks as mucular and detailed as Ophelia 7's HD Addon?

Comments

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,563

Did you ever look at the renders/examples people submitted to your thread here?

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,363

As far as Daz's own addons, this is a not-uncommon complaint; none of the base G8F characters really go much beyond "toned". Gia 8 is probably the buffest DO G8F (although not as much as her earlier generaions), so you might be able to get somewhere with her, but I can't honestly say it's a match for Ophelia 7's HD in detail and muscle.

• FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611

Did you ever look at the renders/examples people submitted to your thread here?

I didn't want to hurt the guys feelings. I need better render quality to truly see the differences between hd-addons.

As far as Daz's own addons, this is a not-uncommon complaint; none of the base G8F characters really go much beyond "toned". Gia 8 is probably the buffest DO G8F (although not as much as her earlier generaions), so you might be able to get somewhere with her, but I can't honestly say it's a match for Ophelia 7's HD in detail and muscle.

Thank you, I will look into this.

I wish DAZ would release ophelia 8 HD-Addon already!!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited March 2019

The closest thing I know of is Leony HD for V8 by Raiya https://www.daz3d.com/leony-hd-for-victoria-8  She comes with her own HD add-ons and she's actually more muscular than Ophellia, though her skin isn't as weathered.  That said, why not just use Ophelia 7?   98% of the "improvements" between Gen 3 and Gen 8 are DAZ marketing hype, and they use the same skins and mesh.  Worst case scenario, using Leony's body with Ophelia 7's skin would give you the best of both worlds.  

Post edited by Cybersox on
    liplin901 said:

Well, given we don't currently have an Ophelia 8, we're not going to see the HD Add-on until that happens.

(And as we're sort of getting late in the generation, it seems less likely that characters that haven't already been revisited for G8 are going to be, and we're instead going to get more newcomers like Bridget, Tasha or Sydney).

edited March 2019

Is it possible to track down the artist who made Ophelia 7's HD-Addon, then pay him to make a similar HD-Addon for Genesis 8?

Maybe we can start a kickstarter to fund it.

Genesis 8 literally has no HD muscular addon similar to Ophelia's HD-Addon, that is a huge problem, almost catastrophic, it's a travesty, a dark day for humanity.

Post edited by Flortale on
    edited March 2019
    liplin901 said:

Is it possible to track down the artist who made Ophelia 7's HD-Addon, then pay him to make a similar HD-Addon for Genesis 8?

An HD Add-on is made for a specific character, hence the "add-on" and is usually created as part of the character creation process. As for a PA making something similar, I already referenced Leony HD above by Raiya which comes with her own HD Add ons included and is actually more muscular than Ophelia, though not as aged.  That said, most of the muscular mass on either Ophelia or Leony comes from the normal morphs, not the HD add on, which primarily contributes the ultra fine details like skin wrinkles and veins. If it's just muscles that you want, there are the base bodybuilder and fitness morphs in the base morph packs and some very good HD add-on muscle products such as https://www.daz3d.com/muscularity-morphs-for-genesis-8-female-s that will bulk out just about anything.  If you want the additional fine details, there are products like https://www.daz3d.com/add-some-veins-hd-for-genesis-8 that can generate a lot of that.  And if what's being refered to here as "muscular" is actually a refernce to Ophelia's more Junoesque stature, that can be dialed in as well using the base morphs or add-on packs like Zev0's. 

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited March 2019
    Cybersox said:
    liplin901 said:

An HD Add-on is made for a specific character, hence the "add-on" and is usually created as part of the character creation process. As for a PA making something similar, I already referenced Leony HD above by Raiya which comes with her own HD Add ons included and is actually more muscular than Ophelia, though not as aged.  That said, most of the muscular mass on either Ophelia or Leony comes from the normal morphs, not the HD add on, which contributes primarily the ultra fine details like skin wrinkles and veins. If it's just muscles that you want, there are the base bodybuilder and fitness morphs in the base morph packs and some very good HD add-on muscle products such as https://www.daz3d.com/muscularity-morphs-for-genesis-8-female-s that will bulk out just about anything.  If you want the additional fine details, there are products like https://www.daz3d.com/add-some-veins-hd-for-genesis-8 that can generate a lot of that.  And if what's being refered to here as "muscular" is actually a refernce to Ophelia's more Junoesque stature, that can be dialed in as well using the base morphs. 

Leony HD morphs are problematic in so many areas and it's of poor quality.  I didn't want to say anything, but since you brought it up again.  The neck, lower buttocks and obliques are just completely whacked.

The other two morphs you mentioned don't have the ultra fine detail that Ophelia 7's HD-Addon has.

You're welcome to prove me wrong by doing comparison renders, but there is no way any of you can make Genesis 8 HD muscular look as good as Ophelia 7's HD addon, no one can do it, it's impossible.  The only viable solution is for the guy who created ophelia 7's hd-addon to make the same exact thing for a genesis 8 character.

Post edited by Flortale on
    liplin901 said:

Well, given we don't currently have an Ophelia 8, we're not going to see the HD Add-on until that happens.

(And as we're sort of getting late in the generation, it seems less likely that characters that haven't already been revisited for G8 are going to be, and we're instead going to get more newcomers like Bridget, Tasha or Sydney).

And the other thing to consider is that there's no guarantee that an Ophelia 8 would bear much resemblence to Ophelia 7... thus far, most of the named characters who've repeated in Gen 8 have borne only a passing similariy to their previous generation namesakes.    

• IchibanIchiban Posts: 113

Then the answer to your initial question is "There isn't one". Just use G3F with that HD morph you like so much.

edited March 2019
    liplin901 said:
    You're welcome to prove me wrong by doing comparison renders, but there is no way any of you can make Genesis 8 HD muscular look as good as Ophelia 7's HD addon, no one can do it, it's impossible.  The only viable solution is for the guy who created ophelia 7's hd-addon to make the same exact thing for a genesis 8 character.

While solutions may not be there for users reliant on existing products, to say that's the only way is patently not true.

Other competent Daz artists could easily achieve much the same, and it would be entirely possible for artists who lacked access to Daz's locked-down HD tools to instead create displacement maps (although a less fancy technology, you'd be exceptionally hard pressed to tell the difference in many/most cases) - heck, if you know how to use Blender, it's not even that hard to convert Ophelia 7's HD add-on to G8F compatible displacement maps. (The problem there, however, is that the results of that could not then be legally shared, so each user would have to do it themselves).

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    Ichiban said:

. Just use G3F with that HD morph you like so much.

This. I go back anf forth using G3 and G8 with sharing of some morphs and all textures. Sometimes I can't tell thye difference

This discussion has been closed.