iPhone and G8M Facial Animation Test

daniel.p.dye@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 156
edited March 2019 in The Commons

A quick animation test using FaceCap, Daz Genesis 8 Male and Maya. Rendered in Redshift.

Utilizing custom sculpted expressions that are currently in development for Daz Genesis 3 M/F and Geneses 8 M/F.

Raw facial animation data without further polish. Applied generic body animation.

Apologies for my crappy voice, initially started as a data test but I just pushed it through the pipeline.

Post edited by [email protected] on

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Great results - thanks for posting!

- Greg

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Pretty impressive

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,832

very cool yes

• That looks pretty good to me!

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited March 2019
    This is fantastic, everything about this looks nice. (Also is that a custom g8m sculpt?)
    Post edited by Sorel on
  • Sorel said:
    This is fantastic, everything about this looks nice. (Also is that a custom g8m sculpt?)

Thanks! I slightly mispoke, it's a customized g8m model. Used RY Kian as a base, with additional scarring and tattoos kitbashed from other figures. Added additional hand sculpted details in Mudbox to generate high quality normal and displacement maps. Eyebrows, eyelashes and facial hair created in Houdini Indie, character is rigged and animated in Maya and rendered with Redshift in around 17hrs for 700 frames of animation. 

If anyone wants further information about the workflow between Daz and Maya, I'll help out where I can! 

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    Thats quite the workflow. I was looking at Houdini the other day and it's features look so cool. All these higher end 3D apps are so expensive though. I think the most I've spent on this hobby is getting zbrush and octane render haha.