Best Option for GPU VRAM usage

HI All...

Suppose it's been asked in teh past. Looking at the latest offerings from teh RTX2060 to 1660 to 2080Ti cards what exactly is the correct VRAM size that DAZ wants ?

Currently im using a 1060 6GB, will the 2060 6GB be better or is the VRAM still the bottleneck?

Thx

Comments

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687

I currently run two cards - a 6GB 980Ti and an 11GB 1080Ti.  For most renders, the 980Ti runs happily alongside the other card.  Occasionally after having spent a lot of time on a scene, I do a final save, close down Daz Studio and then reload before rendering.  Not doing this means that the 980Ti is dropped through the scene not fitting into the VRAM.

You could use both the 1060 and the 2060 and would see a significant reduction in render times - as long as your scenes could still fit into the 6GB of VRAM.

The short and flippant answer to "How much VRAM does Daz Studio want?" is "As much as you can afford" but you have to balance that with your own budget, and with the type of scene that you generally do.

• plarffplarff Posts: 256

I agree with your assessment. Ive was thinking of getting another 1060 6GB card along with my current one, or try and get a 1070 8GB card or RTX2080Ti for its 11gb ...

Run those cards alone. I dont really like running two cards ill be honest. Ill see, jsut wondering about the VRAM part.