DS & Titan RTX

13»

Comments

• TheKD said:

A oneclick export to blender, I would probably give cycles a more fair go. I can't be assed to waste another two years of my life relearning another material and render system yet again though lol. Did it too many damn times already. First poser, than DS and 3DL, then Iray. And that's not counting all my failed attempts to get daz people into other programs like houdini lol. I could get them into the program, but gave up trying to set up a good looking skin shader that worked with the maps that comes for iray.

I don't understand the problems people are having with Diffeomorphic, and why it's not considered as the one-click solution everyone wants. You run one script, and off to Blender you go. Admittedly, the material node trees that it makes are sometimes a mess, but once you figure out a thing once, you can just re-use it, building up your own IRay-To-Cycles materials library.

The only problem I have with it is that it exports at base resolution, and so it's not possible to get a vertex perfect version in Blender once you subdivide again. That's not the plugin's fault, though.

• TheKD said:

A oneclick export to blender, I would probably give cycles a more fair go. I can't be assed to waste another two years of my life relearning another material and render system yet again though lol. Did it too many damn times already. First poser, than DS and 3DL, then Iray. And that's not counting all my failed attempts to get daz people into other programs like houdini lol. I could get them into the program, but gave up trying to set up a good looking skin shader that worked with the maps that comes for iray.

I don't understand the problems people are having with Diffeomorphic, and why it's not considered as the one-click solution everyone wants. You run one script, and off to Blender you go. Admittedly, the material node trees that it makes are sometimes a mess, but once you figure out a thing once, you can just re-use it, building up your own IRay-To-Cycles materials library.

The only problem I have with it is that it exports at base resolution, and so it's not possible to get a vertex perfect version in Blender once you subdivide again. That's not the plugin's fault, though.

I use that plugin and it is not user friendly. Neither is blender or it's shader node system. Do they work well yes to both but it is not user friendly and that makes casual users walk away.

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Doesn't work for me with 2.8.  With 2.7 it does.  In order to use with 2.8 you have to import to 2.7 and save, then load that in 2.8.  Still, it's a sphagetti of options and the instructions aren't all that clear.