create morphs in Hexagon on clothes for genesis (and transfer it to Daz)

HogyoHogyo Posts: 59
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi folks

I have try without any succes to transfer the morphs that I had created in hexagon for a cloth (old generation not fitting) but always get a message error like I have changed the polygons or something.

Maybe I did to much at a time although I use only brushes and dilatation..

Is there somewhere a tuto on this topic, any advice would be welcome

thank you
;-)

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2013

Hogyo said:
    Hi folks

I have try without any succes to transfer the morphs that I had created in hexagon for a cloth (old generation not fitting) but always get a message error like I have changed the polygons or something.

thank you
    ;-)

Hi Hogyo, to create morphs you can only move points and use things like the smooth brush in Hexagon. If you add any points it will not create a morph. I would suggest you probably added some points somehow. If no points have been added when you send it back to DS then it will automatically start the dialogue box to create a morph.
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Hogyo said:
    Hi folks

thank you
    ;-)

Did you figure this out yet?

I think your question is throwing off some confusion, certainly is to me. Either the clothing was made for Genesis or it wasn't. So "old generation not fitting" is "not" clothing for Genesis.
    In order to morph clothing "for" Genesis, the clothing item must first be made into a proper clothing piece "for" Genesis.
    After that is done, then ship it over the bridge to Hexagon, make the morph and ship it back to D/S over the Bridge.
    Make sure that the clothing item is what is selected back in D/S in order for it to receive the morph.
    After the morph is created, if it's good, "save it".

edited December 1969

Hogyo said:
    Hi folks

thank you
    ;-)

I think your question is throwing off some confusion, certainly is to me. Either the clothing was made for Genesis or it wasn't. So "old generation not fitting" is "not" clothing for Genesis.
    In order to morph clothing "for" Genesis, the clothing item must first be made into a proper clothing piece "for" Genesis.
    After that is done, then ship it over the bridge to Hexagon, make the morph and ship it back to D/S over the Bridge.
    Make sure that the clothing item is what is selected back in D/S in order for it to receive the morph.
    After the morph is created, if it's good, "save it".Morphs can be created prior to converting to genesis or any other figure. I know because I've used this work flow with dawn. If you send the item over with the character you are fitting to you can reposition it and create a fit morph for the new character, apply the morph and then use the transfer utility to weightmap it. I did this when I didn't have any clones for Dawn.

• HogyoHogyo Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your answer

so I guess my next question is
    how do you turn a piece of cloth that is not meant for genesis into it?

Hogyo said:
    Hi folks

thank you
    ;-)

edited December 1969

Hogyo said:
    Thanks for your answer

Hogyo said:
    Hi folks

thank you
    ;-)

You need to have clones for the figure the clothing belongs to. Then when you fit the clothing to the figure in the parameters tab autofit will pop up and you can choose which clone you wish to use and a template.
    edited December 1969

Of course I meant clothes for a figure that does not have a clone like Luke!

Pendraia said:
    Hogyo said:
    Thanks for your answer

Hogyo said:
    Hi folks

thank you
    ;-)

You need to have clones for the figure the clothing belongs to. Then when you fit the clothing to the figure in the parameters tab autofit will pop up and you can choose which clone you wish to use and a template.
    edited December 1969

Hogyo said:

That's frustrating...what are your skills with Hexagon like? I know that with Dawn when she was first released I was able to reposition and do minor alterations and get them to fit that way. I'm not sure how different luke's clothing would be...it may just need scaling up it would depend on how close the shape is.

Adding a smoothing modifier will fix a lot of minor pokethru issues as it adds collision.

edited December 1969

Actualy I am learning to use hexagon, I have started to use the brushes but many a time I cannot reimport the item because the meshes have been altered.
    But I'm gonna keep on trying

thanks for your answer!

Pendraia said:
    Hogyo said:

That's frustrating...what are your skills with Hexagon like? I know that with Dawn when she was first released I was able to reposition and do minor alterations and get them to fit that way. I'm not sure how different luke's clothing would be...it may just need scaling up it would depend on how close the shape is.

Adding a smoothing modifier will fix a lot of minor pokethru issues as it adds collision.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Hogyo said:
    Actualy I am learning to use hexagon, I have started to use the brushes but many a time I cannot reimport the item because the meshes have been altered.

thanks for your answer!

Pendraia said:
    Hogyo said:

hmm ... do "not" use the "Edit > Undo" function when working on morphs. Sometimes that wipes out the uvmap and that also would cause a failed morph.

Item in D/S is sent over the Bridge to Hexagon ... in Hexagon select a few faces and make a very drastic pull out action.
    Item is still 'selected' over in D/S ... from Hexagon, select the clothing item and send it back to D/S over the bridge.
    Now, that popup asking for information about making the morph should show up.
    Fill out the form and see if now the morph will be created.
    If yes, you have the workflow.
    "0" that morph and do not save it. It will vanish when you close D/S.
    Close Hexagon.
    Send the clothing back over the bridge to Hexagon and just make one or possibly 2 'gentle' changes.
    Send it back to D/S and hopefully you'll get the dialogue box again to create the new morph.
    Then back in Hexagon, "click Validate" and then continue working "slowly and methodically" using the smoother or the inflater tools, 'validate' to accept the action, 'abort' to cancel the action.
    Repeat the sequence for making the morph.
    When basically done; in D/S select the morph(s) you want to keep: "0" all the morphs!!!!
    And save them.
    Delete the clothing piece, load a fresh copy of it, select it. The new morphs should now appear wherever you put them in the Parameters Tab [possibly under Morphs/Hexagon Bridge]

edited December 1969

Hogyo said:

thanks for your answer!

Pendraia said:
    Hogyo said:

Depending on what you are trying to do you can still get the mesh back into DS.
    1. Send the item to Hexagon
    2. Before sending it back remove the item from the workspace and then send the object back from Hexagon.
    3. Use the transfer utility to rig the item to genesis.

Which Luke item are you trying to convert?

edited December 1969

Thanks

I have many items that I bought from poserworld for the young teens.

Those made for hiro or m4 are easily convertible..

Pendraia said:
    Hogyo said:

thanks for your answer!

Pendraia said:
    Hogyo said:

Depending on what you are trying to do you can still get the mesh back into DS.
    1. Send the item to Hexagon
    2. Before sending it back remove the item from the workspace and then send the object back from Hexagon.
    3. Use the transfer utility to rig the item to genesis.

Which Luke item are you trying to convert?