Can't change facial expressions with Genesis 2 Male Head Morphs

I purchased the Genesis 2 Male Head Morphs and I do not know how to change the facial expressions of the figure using these morphs.

I get a lot of options to change the sizes and shapes of parts of the face and head, but where do i go to change an expression to sad or happy?

Thanks

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,263

Actually, the Head Morphs product doesn't add any new expressions, just new ways to shape the face and head. The expressions that come with the base, and most other add-on packs that you get (there's lots of those), can be accessed through the Parameters tab or the Posing tab. Select the figure, the go to the Pose Controls branch (should be the last top-level row) -> Head -> Expressions. Or, select the Head directly in the scene, which will limit the scope of choices to the head. Some other expression sets (also) have double-click application from the content library.

• NorthOf45

Thank you so much for your reply. I have a very weird problem with my Daz content. This is what happened: The very first time that I dowloaded Daz onto my PC, there were the basic options for making different expressions and shaping the figures (ANY figure, female or male). Those options came with the Genesis 2, Gen 3, and Gen 8 males and females for free.

Those morphs were available in the parameters tab without ANY purchases. I did not need to buy any morph packs. I had eveything I needed with the base characters because at one point I DID have those expressions that came with the base figures. 

Then, all the shaping options were completely GONE a couple weeks later. 

No morphing options available for ANY figure at all. Yes, I would go into the parameters tab like you have said and like the tutorials say but it remains completely empty. I go to the pose controls branch (head-> expressions) and there is still nothing there. No one else seems to have this same problem.

I dont know if I somehow did something wrong with a file at some point, Im not sure. All I know is that the morphs and shaping options that were available with the base Genesis characters that I got for free are not available to me anymore.

Is there any reason why this could have happened? Thank you so much

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,263

Sounds like some files are missing. Why? Who knows... The generic expressions and morphs come with the Starter Essentials packages. If you use DIM to install, you can check to see if everything is still where it should be by right-clicking on the product in DIM (it should be in the Installed tab - filter with Starter Essentials to get them all together) and selecting "Show Installed Files..." If they are present where they were initially installed, each file will be a blue underlined hyperlink. If not, they will be plain black text, and that means they have been moved, renamed or deleted.

Have you changed any settings in DIM or Studio? If the files are gone, have you tried re-installing them? No need to un-install first, just right-click on one and select "Re-Install Package(s)..."

Let's see where that leads, for now.