Let's talk about March Madness 2019!

2»

Comments

• edited February 2019
    Cybersox said:

Those elections back in the old days were great... Personally, I think the best thing they could do is just carbon-copy the format of the last PC+ Anniversary Sale, as that's one of the best formats they've used in years.. 

Yes! I don't think there'd be many complaints,

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I am hoping for a gift card sale preferably a straight 20% off preferably but not terrible if its  buy any new item over a $1 get 20% off gift card before March Madness hits or i won't be buying anything.  It's a lot of wear and tear on my credit card if I have to use it for every little purchase.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I am hoping for a gift card sale preferably a straight 20% off preferably but not terrible if its  buy any new item over a $1 get 20% off gift card before March Madness hits or i won't be buying anything.  It's a lot of wear and tear on my c

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,770

I am also hoping for a gift card sale but only when I have the funds.

• I'd rather have a straight  loyalty boost, like we noticed you purchased ----------------- and have been a PC+ Member since ------------- and so because of that, you'll have an added PC+ discount of _______ and a 20% EXTRA discount on all purchases through March Madness 2019....

normal disclaimers apply like gift cards and previous purchases and ...and....

One can dream.

• Yeah, but don't _really_ loyal people already own everything, anyway? ;-)

Maybe a sliding scale of discounts to encourage larger #'s of items (not just topping out at 3), and another one for how many years you've been a PC member?  It's probably too complicated, though...

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,328

They did do that once (length of Membership) but I think today it wold be too complicated, are you going to include breaks, what about people who are paid up years in advance, then of course there's the whole PC and PC+ thing.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

The thing is, the name March Madness really doesn't mean much anymore.  Some years it's been good and others it's been hard to tell from a typical month at DAZ. IIRC, the highlight of last year's MM was the release of Edward with a decent set of free add-ons and the first heavy discounts on the Ironman13 catalog. 

What I can tell you is that the same old 80% off V4/M4, 70% off Genesis, etc, and the similar discounts on the RDNA catalog have both been pretty much burned out, but they're going to do it anyway. 

• I still have some v4/RDNA stuff on my wishlist, and more Genesis/G2 bits (although I am very well aware I am in a small subsection of Dazzers) so I don't mind them putting them on sale - it's less annoying than when they put it in Fastgrab and think it's still a good deal, apparently.   I know most people crave the new and shiny while I hang out for the vintage with the occasional new thing (buildings are sometimes still a 'gotta have', or good 3Delight-friendly outdoors).  I occasionally buy a new thing I don't want (Vladimir) to get a bunch of older stuff I do.  If you have a wishlist, you can still be tempted, I suppose is the only lesson to be learned, here ;-)

• Perhaps an introductory sale before/for March Madness

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,825
    kyoto kid said:

..aww bugger, neither Utah ort BYU are in the NCAA tournament this year so no special coupons like we had a number of years ago.

Hopefully it won't be a BOGO or "buy this to get a discount on that" affair.. I miss the flat 50% off.

On the one hand, I can't quite see the Daz of today doing the basketball teams discount no matter what.

On the other, conference tournaments and the NCAA itself are at least two weeks away, so nobody has been definitely eliminated yet. Utah could win the Pac12 tournament and get in, BYU could win the West Coast Conference, Utah State could win the Mountain West or get an at-large bid (reasonably, even!), Weber State could win the Big Sky, and then there would be all four major(...ish) Utah teams in! Discounts for everyone! ... or not, as the case may be.

I just wish Anderson had come out a couple days later, so he'd be in the sale. But alas, no.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627
    edited February 2019

...I've been trying to hold back with on these current flash and themed sales to save funds, have a few things I'd like to get off the wishlist.  Fortunately most of sale items recently have been for G8 content and I "pulled the ripcord" with G3. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

Everyone I know (including myself) loves new content along with discounts. It must be hard for DAZ to satisfy that demand.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

It's started... and it looks like the "let's make it stupidly complex this year faction" has won out.  :(

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    Cybersox said:

It's started... and it looks like the "let's make it stupidly complex this year faction" has won out.  :(

Yep to the stupid complexity. I tested it with some random items, as indicated on the sales page, and the overall discount was... underwhelming. Pass for today.

Last year, during March Meh-ness, we had to wait about three weeks for the really good deals to surface. Who knows what will happen this year, because last year was so unpopular from what people posted in the forums (I've no idea what the actual sales figures were).

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    Cybersox said:

Exactly my first impression. Who dreams up these ridiculously complex schemes? 

• Ugg and it looks like they are pushing pro bundles as far as the extras besides the new releases.

...hmm should have jumped on Sunday's Flash and "Best of" Sales and instead.  Oh well. 

• Please note that we've asked any issues with March Madness to be posted here, please.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/311491/march-madness-2019#latest

edited February 2019

...hmm, Wisconsin moved up to #4 in the West and Marquette is still #3 in the East.  No Utah teams on the bracket yet. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • See, now, I might have to WAIT, cause if they're going to go with the Buy One, Buy Two....

I might want to SAVE some of these new releases to take advantage of an offer on ....Wednesday.

Oh they make this hard.

• kyoto kid said:

...hmm, Wisconsin moved up to #4 in the West and Marquette is still #3 in the East.  No Utah teams on the bracket yet. 

And Duke is number 3 overall despite the loss to UNC

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited February 2019

Nothing I fancied, but even when there is, I wait; I prioritise. It's always to my advantage to have options. :)

See, now, I might have to WAIT, cause if they're going to go with the Buy One, Buy Two....

I might want to SAVE some of these new releases to take advantage of an offer on ....Wednesday.

Oh they make this hard.

... And part of the fun is bagging an extra bargain cause I saved something.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • People are struggling to figure out the first day's sale scheme.

I get to the point where my head hurts and I'm not doing algebra or calculus to save 80 cents. lol

Eventually, I just ask myself:  is this item worth XXX to ME? If it is, I buy it.

The problem is, many of us have a collector's mentality....and it's no longer about the value of any one item, but instead how many we snag for how little.

I'm trying to avoiding buying stuff I don't want and balancing buying every item I do want as soon as I see it.

Wish me luck.

kyoto kid said:

And Duke is number 3 overall despite the loss to UNC

...that's in the AP/Coaches' Rankings.  Lunardi of ESPN hasn't updated the Bracketology projections yet.

Wisconsin meanwhile moved up to 19th in the AP 18th in the Coaches poll while Marquette cracked the top ten in both.  (10th and 9th respectively).