Advanced Ambient Light vs Scene Optimiser

I purchased the Advanced Ambient and Distance lights yesterday and I am very happy with what they do. They significantly reduced the rendering time, especially of indoor scenes while maintaining quality. But I would like to know if purchasing Scene Optimiser would make my renders even faster. I know that both of those products work differently, (one controls the illumination and shadow samples and the other maps and textures) but they seem to be doing the same thing: tellin Daz to ignore certain surfaces or to render them with different, faster settings. So will purchasing the Scene Optimiser add any extra speed to my 3Delight rendering, when used together with Advanced Ambient Lights? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Scene Optimiser is largely, especially for 3Delight, reducing texture sizes. 3Delight already has special Tiff files with multi-resolution images so that it doesn't use over-large images (that's what the Optimising Images stage is for) so Scene Optimiser would save speed on the initial step but probably not on the actual render stage - in any case 3delight doesn't have the GPU option, it always uses CPU.

• 3Delight already has special Tiff files with multi-resolution images so that it doesn't use over-large images

Thanks Richard! Does 3delight do that by default? Is there any other script in the store that would speed up 3delight render?
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited February 2019

I believe there is one, will try and find.

Edit

https://www.daz3d.com/ibl-master-for-daz-studio

There is, I believe, a thread (or two) about 3Delight, they should be able to give more info on speeding up 3Delight and how effective the product I have linked is.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • 3Delight already has special Tiff files with multi-resolution images so that it doesn't use over-large images

Thanks Richard! Does 3delight do that by default? Is there any other script in the store that would speed up 3delight render?

Yes, it converts maps to Mip-mapped multi-resolution images by default.

• Thanks everyone
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,481

I've found that using 3delight without raytracing is super fast. You can use shadow soft maps and environment map reflections and lighting quite effectively. Of course this way the lighting is a little old-school and not super-realistic. But not bad at all anyway.

Also reducing textures size helps a lot.

• Padone said:

I've found that using 3delight without raytracing is super fast. You can use shadow soft maps and environment map reflections and lighting quite effectively. Of course this way the lighting is a little old-school and not super-realistic. But not bad at all anyway.

Also reducing textures size helps a lot.

Thanks for the tips. There are some neat tricks on dreamlight3d's YouTube channel as well. I just finished watching this one: