Get Version 4 ! mcjHatsAreTheFashionOfTheDay : Fit Any Hair in Hats Pc/Mac

124»

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,296

Will be trying to script today since I need it for a contest I am entering. I do have one question about a problem I had for the last contest and you might be just the person to solve it for me, possibly even have a script for this already and just can't find it...lol

My biggest beef when it comes to hair and anything you add like fantasy ears and horns, such as elves and demons, and how unnatuaral it all looks trying to get hairs that are not made for such (which is most of them) to fit around the ears. Do you already have a script to move hair to accomadate elf ears and the like, or do you have plans for such (if not then I hereby submit my suggestion...lol), in the near future.

I was thinking something like this hat script that literally moves the hair, yet in smaller form and shapes like a diamond for long hair and pentagon for short hair and for the horns it would be a circle.

edited August 2019

Well I'm having trouble with a certain hat and certain hair. They just do not want to co operate.Image 1 shows the results of using your script, image 2 shows the shape of the hat. I am wondering is m problem is due to the shape of the hat since it's not straight but arched over the ear, yet the plane is straight. Does one have to use only a plane, could not something that is sorta shaped to follow the arch of the hats side also be used? Image 3 shows the other side which did not take in all the hair.

image 1.PNG
    600 x 482 - 411K
    image 2.PNG
    600 x 479 - 305K
    image 3.PNG
    600 x 481 - 448K
    Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited August 2019
    the effect is always along a plane, in fact you could use any object as the plane and the shape of that object would not matter. but you could align the plane for the front part of the hat, apply the morph, then move and rotate the plane for the rear part, and create a second hat fit morph with a different name. Sometimes you can get better fits by placing the plane above or below the hat line, then adjusting the strength of the hat fit morph to values other than 100%

Well I'm having trouble with a certain hat and certain hair. They just do not want to co operate.Image 1 shows the results of using your script, image 2 shows the shape of the hat. I am wondering is m problem is due to the shape of the hat since it's not straight but arched over the ear, yet the plane is straight. Does one have to use only a plane, could not something that is sorta shaped to follow the arch of the hats side also be used? Image 3 shows the other side which did not take in all the hair.

Post edited by mCasual on

I tried moving the plane above the hat line cause the hair was squished all the way down to the bottom of the ears, but then it started poking through the sides and front of the hat. I tried lowering it and adjusting the numbers and it gets way too squished all over and I still get poke through, which is why I wondered about creating a plane that is more like a wave so it dips down in back and goes up around the ears, the front was fine on the normal set up so would leave that alone.

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648

What did I wrong?

I wanna use this script so much, but have problem with the collider. 
    How you said, I installed him in the script folder (attachment), but when I open the create menu, he won't show up.
    Did I miss something important? 
    I use the newest beta build 64bit and a windows 10 system.

Collider.JPG
    1066 x 650 - 137K
    menu.JPG
    539 x 593 - 63K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    daybird said:

What did I wrong?

How you said, I installed him in the script folder (attachment), but when I open the create menu, he won't show up.

Did you try just closing Daz Studio and restarting it after you copied the plugin to the folder?

barbult said:
    daybird said:

What did I wrong?

Did you try just closing Daz Studio and restarting it after you copied the plugin to the folder?

Yes, a few times. 

edited January 2020

The Script can be run from any location but it's better if it's in one of your Daz content libraries

BUT

The collider DLL is like an extension of Daz Studio's functionnalities

so it must be in a very specific 'plugins' folder of your installed Daz Studio

on my PC it's 

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio411\plugins

or

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

daybird said:
    barbult said:
    daybird said:

What did I wrong?

Yes, a few times. 

plugme.jpg
    532 x 31 - 9K

Mhh I installed my DAZ on a external drive. May that cause trouble?

As you can see in the attachment of my first post, I think the plugin is in the right folder, but it did not work.

@mCasual, did Daz change something in DS 4.12 to break this script and the collider? I can't get it to taper the hair to the plane. It just chops the hair off and drags the center to the floor.

Blair Hair Hat Fashion.png
    1390 x 1061 - 626K
    Blair Hair Hat Fashion 4.12.png
    1269 x 876 - 283K
    Blair Hair Hat Fashion Full Body 4.12.png
    1303 x 1747 - 535K
    edited May 2020

possibly because you selected the chest instead of the head as the head

barbult said:

@mCasual, did Daz change something in DS 4.12 to break this script and the collider? I can't get it to taper the hair to the plane. It just chops the hair off and drags the center to the floor.

hairheadnow.jpg
    666 x 586 - 101K
    hatshats.jpg
    844 x 710 - 155K

Thank you for spotting my error! blush I must have been sloppy when dragging the plane to parent it to the head. I'm glad I posted all these screenshots so you could see what I did wrong. I'll give it another go.

edited May 2020

I still can't get this to work in DS 4.12.1.117.  I was careful to get the plane parented to the head correctly this time, too. I saved the scene and opened it in DS 4.11 and it works fine there.

Blair Hair DS 4.12.1.117

Blair Hair DS 4.11

Blair Hair hat morph DS 4.12 100%.png
    992 x 779 - 200K
    Blair Hair hat morph DS 4.11 100%.png
    1197 x 861 - 364K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 91
    edited May 2020

Thank you for this! I was making a render of the new darling Valentino 8 and discovered that the Deck Hair didn't have a fit morph for the Deck Hat (or at least I couldn't find it). This script fixed it for me though. I am using the latest version of Studio 4.12.1.117 and default settings of the mcjHats script. It was the first time I used it and at first missed selecting something and the script told me so. Don't remember what was wrong. On the second attempt it worked fine, though. In the attached image (if I manage to get it to show) are renders with the hat shown and hidden.

valentino.jpg
    768 x 299 - 65K
    Post edited by marianner on
  • Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210

Works perfectly even with Linday Blowout Dforce hair, thank you!

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 128

Thanks for the scrip first time i use it.

hat test 3.png
    808 x 834 - 512K
    edited April 2022

Post edited by riuken1 on
  • Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210

Here's my example!

Kayte - Western 1.png
    1440 x 1920 - 3M

Hemi426 said:

Here's my example!

Nice render, and nice autfit.

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Very useful!  I've heen been trying to manually modify the hair with deformers with only partial success!  Thank you!

I know it's been a while, however, I was wondering if this is still usable with the newer Daz versions and G9, if not, will it be upgraded?

• KarenKaren Posts: 81

Works for me with G9 with all combinations (hairs, Hats)I tried so far.

Karen said:

Works for me with G9 with all combinations (hairs, Hats)I tried so far.

Oh great and thanks for letting me know