(This issue has been solved) - POSE and ACTOR morphs missing from PARAMETERS tab

BitstreamBitstream Posts: 38

Until the last week or so, I used to be able to select a figure--say, G3M, G3F, G8M, G8F--and I would find ACTOR and POSE controls in the PARAMETERS tab. Now I have no POSE controls and a very, very limited assortment under ACTOR (and nothing there to change things like distance between eyes, or thickness of lips, etc.). I used to be able to, for example, click on a character's hand, and find under POSE in the PARAMETERS tab things like "right fingers grasp," or "right hand fist," etc. That's **POOF** gone. I realize that those ACTOR and POSE options were probably there because I had purchased some time in the past various gestures/expressions for various characters, but I have reset the database, reinstalled metadata, called my DAZ Studio program names that would have made my 3D characters raise I eyebrow if they were no longer unable to do so, all to no avail. I even reinstalled DAZ Studio itself -- Version 4.10.0.123 Pro Edition (64 bit). Nada. Zilch.

How do I get my controls back?

I would appreciate any help the DAZ Studio users who are much more savvy than I am (and there are many!) could give me. Thanks in advance.

~Robert

Post edited by Bitstream on

Comments

• Are they showing elsewhere? Do you have the figures elected, as opposed to one of its bones? Are your content directories still the same, and still intact on disc?

• BitstreamBitstream Posts: 38
    edited February 2019

Are they showing elsewhere? Do you have the figures elected, as opposed to one of its bones? Are your content directories still the same, and still intact on disc?

As far as I know, the features are nowhere else available except under ACTOR (for making one's own morphs to face and body) and POSE (for posing on a macro level things like hands or facial expressions). I can still click on specific areas of a character (for instance, a specific joint in a specific finger of a hand) and pose the character in that way (from scratch, so to speak, manipulating one joint at a time), but not where the face is concerned. In that case, I have no controls to set an expression, either on a micro level or a macro level (i.e., preset expressions within a range defined by a slider).

As far as I can tell, my Smart Content and Content directories are working fine. I have so much stuff in them that it's a little hard to tell if something is missing. I think the ACTOR and POSE options that used to be in my PARAMETERS tab were installed when installing purchased packages of expressions and/or poses.

• As well as Actor and Pose in the Parameters pane, they would appear in the Shaping and Posing panes (respectively). How do you install - Connect or Install Manager?

• As well as Actor and Pose in the Parameters pane, they would appear in the Shaping and Posing panes (respectively). How do you install - Connect or Install Manager?

I'm not sure that is the case. I'll have to check. Right now I have a new problem--no CMS service. Too tired tonight to even think about it. Will tackle the CMS issue again tomorrow, then back to this problem with the missing ACTOR/POSE controls. Thanks for your input on the latter.

• BitstreamBitstream Posts: 38
    edited February 2019

Well, I got my CMS service back up and running...for the time being, at least. As regards my DAZ Studio's SHAPING and POSING tabs, they have the same things in them that are under my PARAMETERS tab (and, in this case, are missing the same things my PARAMETERS tab is missing).

As to how I install, I use the Install Manager.

• Are the morphs installed to the same location as the base figures?

• Are the morphs installed to the same location as the base figures?

I'm back up and running--I have all my ACTOR and POSE controls back. I reinstalled the "Essentials" packages for GENESIS, GENESIS 2, GENESIS 3, and GENESIS 8, and that must be where my missing controls reside. Why DAZ Studio lost its link to them, I have no idea. But all is right with the world again . . . for the time being. yes

Thank you for your help.

If I can figure out where to do so, I'll mark this issue as SOLVED.

Regards,

~Robert