Need a 3D artist to create a photo of a realistic character G3

fundamentmasterfundamentmaster Posts: 6
edited February 2019 in Art Studio

[Need a 3D artist to create a photo of a realistic character G3] There are photos of the head, good quality.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Art Studio as it is seeking to hire an artist, not making a product suggestion. Edited to add substance of subject to body text of first post.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

[Need a 3D artist to create a photo of a realistic character G3] There are photos of the head, good quality.

Your link is not working~

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

This product might be an option you'd be interested in - https://www.daz3d.com/facegen-artist-pro

• This product might be an option you'd be interested in - https://www.daz3d.com/facegen-artist-pro

Thanks. I'm using this program. But the similarity is very small is obtained.

• [Need a 3D artist to create a photo of a realistic character G3] There are photos of the head, good quality.

Your link is not working~

If it's important to see the photo. I can send it to the post office.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

a working link would be helpful

• the character is needed in the cartoon version

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RMlawVvqWzBECk0gb6huQ2LO6DQXhEpf

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

And you want this character rendered or are you hoping for someone to make you a figure or morph you can use in DS?

If you want someone to work for you you need to give some information about your wishes but as well what you are willing to offer.

The more detailed the information is the better will be the result.

• Linwelly said:

And you want this character rendered or are you hoping for someone to make you a figure or morph you can use in DS?

If you want someone to work for you you need to give some information about your wishes but as well what you are willing to offer.

The more detailed the information is the better will be the result.

This is my first experience. I was hoping to get an offer from the artists. I need a character to animate. The terms of the 3daz standard license would be acceptable.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,482
    edited February 2019

Your images should probably be taken outside on a cloudy day or in more even lighting. NOT top down. Also the front facing image is slightly angled. This creates problems for FaceGen. Those shadows around the eyes willbe permenantly on your face if you use these source images.

Bad Lighting

FG.PNG
    1556 x 1037 - 1M
    Post edited by Greybro on
  • Greybro said:

Your images should probably be taken outside on a cloudy day or in more even lighting. NOT top down. Also the front facing image is slightly angled. This creates problems for FaceGen. Those shadows around the eyes willbe permenantly on your face if you use these source images.

Do I understand correctly that I need to make new photos? I have using this program in daz similarity was very small

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited February 2019

Actually if you have a room on the corner of a building and there are windows on both outside facing walls in that room then have the pictures taken in that room with the windows blinds/curtains open at about noon. Have the subject face the window that has more light coming in through it. If there is an overhead lamp in the room turn that on but have that lamp behind the person. So the person getting their picture taken will be looking out the window with an overhead lamp on the ceiling turned on and behind them and not directly visible in the picture. take the pictures at 1920x1280 or larger if possible. A real general purpose digital camera, even a cheap brand, that doesn't filter it's results will give you better results than any Apple or Google mobile device. You'll get a good set of pictures that way for your subject. Final thing is the likeness shown above in FG will not be as good once exported to DAZ Studio as a morph. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  •  Final thing is the likeness shown above in FG will not be as good once exported to DAZ Stdio as a morph. 

But the FG creates a morph of the head. There are methods to improve the similarity with a photo?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Final thing is the likeness shown above in FG will not be as good once exported to DAZ Stdio as a morph. 

But the FG creates a morph of the head. There are methods to improve the similarity with a photo?

Yes, because DAZ Studio Genesis models purposely try to keep polygons so low the number of polygons available for facial detail when exported to DAZ Studio are also limited so not all the details in FG can be translated to the Genesis facial polygons. That FG morph still makes a great starting point. My FaceGen Obj with textures in FaceGen almost always look spot on when in FaceGen but exported to DAZ Studio they usually loose quite a bit of that detail. 

To get the likeness even better you need to create bump, normal, displacement and even Dual Lobe in the Surfaces (for the particular oil/sweat gland of an individual) maps to match the person you are creating a likeness of. It's not a lot of detail that will be missing so don't go overboard. You are lucky in the fellow you are making a likeness is very distictive individual.

The alternative to that is to export the DS character with the morph applied to an external modeling app and modeling the missing detail but really unless you are already expert human 3D modelers it's doubtful you will improve upon's FaceGen's results. Still though if you have interest in learning that there is a good starting point for you.