Missing Data

davegraham04davegraham04 Posts: 0

I just loaded third party content, but I seemed to have done something incorrectly...

I loaded the folders into Runtime and started up Daz 4.6. I can find the content by searching Content Library. However when I load it onto my Genesis 2 model I get this pop up...

The following files could not be found.

/data/outoftouch/Legion Of The Dusk/LOTD Dress/LOTD_Dress_67158.dsf

I appreciate the help.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

You probably need to re-import your metadata

• davegraham04davegraham04 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Now I know all of those words, but when you put them together like that it seems like another language...

Which files are the metadata and where do I import them to?

edited December 1969

Easiest way to do it is to right click on the Content Library tab, select "Content DB Maintenance" then check off the box that says Re-Import Metadata. Next screen select all products and hit next. It will re-import everything. I'm not sure if that's your problem but its an easy process and worth a try.

edited December 1969

No. That doesn't seem to have an effect.

I have a feeling I've installed some or all of the content incorrectly...

When I unzip the file there is a Runtime folder. Inside that folder there is a Libraries folder. Inside that folder there are Character, Materials, and Pose folders.

Where are there decent instructions for installing third party material?

edited December 1969

Unzip the file to My Library. Just select the My Library folder, don't go into it and unzip

edited December 1969

Okay. Some success. The items load onto my model, but they are plain grey. No color or texture. Any ideas?

edited October 2013

In the zip file there is a "People" folder. Inside it there is Genesis 2 Female>Clothing>OOT Legion Of The Dusk, which is full of .duf files. What do I do with these? Also a MATS folder.

Post edited by davegraham04 on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

Is it this item?? LEGION OF THE DUSK for Genesis 2 Female(s) - Victoria 6 / Gia 6 / Girl 6

Product page says there are 4 installers and your posts makes it sound like you only have 1 zip installer.

edited October 2013

That is the item. And I've been going through a trial and error process placing all four of the files. At first I was getting error pop ups saying data was missing. Now everything loads, but without color. It is plain grey.

The installation documentation reads...

--------------------------------------------------------
    Installation & Usage Instructions:
    --------------------------------------------------------

01 Load Genesis 2 Female.
    02 Go to People -> Genesis 2 Female -> Clothing -> OOT Legion Of The Dusk.
    03 Load and conform the clothing items to Dawn.

04 Material Presets are located in "MATS" within the "OOT Legion Of The Dusk" directory.
    When applying, please make sure the correct figures are selected.

Loin Movement:

The loin can be moved with the 3 included additional bones. Move the complete loin or parts of it with the ghostbones, accessable through the scene tab.

It doesn't make much sense to me.

Post edited by davegraham04 on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

After you load the clothing, select the clothing in the scene tab and go to the MATS folder. Apply the mats to the piece of clothing the mats are for.

edited December 1969

How do you mean "apply the MATS?"

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Double click 'em.

edited December 1969

I place one of the items on the model. Selected it. The clicked the .duf file for that item, located in the MATS folder I mentioned, and nothing happens.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2013

Your Content simply is not installed properly. Example...

The Data Folder in the UNZIPPED file goes in the Data Folder in your DAZ Studio Content Folder.
    The Runtime/Textures/NAME OF TEXTURES Folder goes in the Runtime/Textures Folder in your DAZ Studio Content Folder.
    The Poses Folder goes in the Poses Folder in your DAZ Studio Content Folder. Unless they are POSER pose files, then they would be in Runtime/Libraries/Poses and that would be where they go.

EACH part, each folder, must be in the proper PLACE for the PATHS in the content load files to work properly.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Okay. I asked the creator what is up and I have been told that it is supposed to load grey. When it does I need to apply the MATS from the folder I have them in. So...

How do I apply MATS to an object?

I really appreciate the comments and being walked through these steps. Thanks.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Load the item, then if you look in the folder it came from there will probably be a Materials folder, and either that will contain the presets or there will be sub-folders for each item in the set which contain the presets - make sure the item is selected, then double-click the preset.

edited December 1969

There are four folders that make up the files of this item...

OOT_LegionOfTheDusk_PoserCF
    OOT_LegionOfTheDusk_01of02
    OOT_LegionOfTheDuck_02of02
    Templates

The only one that has a Materials folder is the Poser one. Inside that Materials folder are .mc6 files. One for each item in the set as well as color variations. I tried selecting the grey item on the model and then double clicking one of these .mc6 files, but a pop up appears telling me I need to associate an application with the .mc6.

edited December 1969

According to the readme the material presets are in \People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\OOT FW Sharon\MATS\

edited December 1969

Right, but I still don't know how to apply the .duf files inside that MATS folder...

I select the item on the model. Then I double click the associated .duf file from the folder, but nothing happens.

edited December 1969

You're sure you have the clothing selected? Just clicking in the viewport will select Genesis 2 female, not the clothing - either use the Scene pane or right-click to select the clothing.

edited December 1969

I think I am selecting it correctly. I am attaching picture to show what I am doing...

MATS_Screen_Shot.jpg
    1224 x 568 - 172K
    edited December 1969

Have you tried going to that folder in the DAZ Studio Content Library pane, rather than using the Finder? I'm not sure I would expect a preset to work if double-clicked from an OS browser. It's enough, by the way, to have the root (LOTD_Dress) or any bone selected, you don't need to have the whole thing selected - though it should do any harm if you do. I'd also suggest, if you haven't, trying to render in case there's something about the materials that stops them from showing in the preview.

edited December 1969

Success! That worked. Digging through the Content Library into the MATS folder worked. I don't know why I was trying to do it through the Finger browser. I didn't think it would work, but that was how I read the suggestions here. Not sure why I didn't consider the more obvious solution. Anyway. It looks like everything works right now.

I want to thank everyone for the help.

edited December 1969

Good, I'm glad it's working.