hi Fenric

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,892
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

http://forum.reallusion.com/Topic165063-299-1.aspx
something I am trying using iClone
was wondering how hard it would be to make a BVH pz2 exporter that used any bones not just Daz figures ie FBX or ones own bones?

Comments

• FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited December 1969

I am considering it a bug that BVH/PZ2 is having so much trouble with native mode bones. It's on my list, after:

- My real job. Sorry, but this one has not been very forgiving the last couple of months.

- Advanced Shader Tweaker. This proved a little harder than I expected.

- ERC not working on network rendering. I don't know why, yet.

- BVH not working with non-Poser content. (And another try at getting V4 morphs to export.)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,892
    edited December 1969

thanks Fenric, I am still trying alternate ways of achieving this, there must be a way to convert FBX to BVH somehow? maybe via ,collada in Blender or something? not giving up yet
    a plugin would indeed be very useful though but if it cannot be done I understand
    and you need to eat so the real job important. :lol:

• KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

Hi Wendy

You can import the FBX into DAZ Studio and then export it as a BVH file for import to Carrara. I think you can also export a bhv file from Iclone 3Dxchange pipeline.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,892
    edited December 1969

The pipeline BVH does not export spring bone movement and Daz studio FBX import does not support rigging so not a solution for my needs.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

The pipeline BVH does not export spring bone movement and Daz studio FBX import does not support rigging so not a solution for my needs.

PM - with link that might do what you want .