"Wrong ports":

Gallery Link

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,299
    edited August 2020

Kiss:

Image removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Okay then, for something hopefully less controversial than that last one...

Foreboding:

Gallery Link

I discover that I have quite a few options for teddy bears in my library (and this doesn't even cover all of them).

Sketch:

Gallery Link

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Awwww, that's cute! heart

Awwww, that's cute! heart

I hope to do more with Molly in the long run, but I'm a little slow dialling up friends for her that I actually like. (I'm doing alright with the teen girls, less so the teen boys, and I don't want to imply she goes to an all-girl school or the like).

~~~~~

Anyway, I picked up Honni the other day, so decided to do some general purpose cheesecake to welcome her to the library. (Also gave me an opportunity to use a few other underutilised assets in my library).

Gravity:

Gallery Link

• I haven't uploaded anything for a while, but I had an oddly specific request for "a zombie getting her cans out":

Gallery Link

• I have been informed there may have been a minor misunderstanding, and the request probably actually meant "showing off her jugs":

Gallery Link

• And now someone on the Daz Slackers Discord wants to see her holding her melons for some reason...

Gallery Link

A simple portrait, as I realised I've got loads of in-progress projects, but not finishing anything.

Gallery Link

• tacrectacrec Posts: 6

Is it possible for me to download the underwear on the first page?  It's so cute!  Are there panties to match?  

I'm also looking for similar underwear that is basic but cute if anyone has any links.  Thanks.

@tacrec Sorry, I don't check this thread that often! (Particularly as I'm waiting for the gallery to be reinstated, which has broken most of the picture links).

As far as the underwear on the first page, I've abandoned that particular angle of attack, as it became clear that, while the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials underwear was prolific, simply morphing it wasn't good enough for what I wanted to do; I was moving the geometry around enough I'd need to re-rig the entire thing to resolve problems, which would prohibit re-distribution, and I do eventually want to be able to share whatever I come up with with the world. I also played with using the Sunny Bikini instead, but eventually I abandoned that angle too.

Ultimately, I decided the best option was to create a new mesh from scratch, removing any EULA related limitations on my rigging. And that has been a fair success:

I have a bit more refinement to do, but the intention is to submit this to Daz as a potential commercial product.

It's dForce compatible to allow realistically elasticated fits (or custom undressing, for the more adventurous users), although I've put in a lot of effort to mitigate common dForce limitations, and has a textures layout designed so that it can accept any seamless pattern as a base texture (using overlays to add details like stitching and such on top of that).

~~~~~

As far as other underwear related projects, I, armed with the knowledge that horses have stockings...

... am hereby choosing to inflict this WIP on the internet:

(The bra is from Mystique 2, the stockings and knickers are me wasting time in Blender, although obviously clasps and hooks are missing right now).

Probably never to be released, as I imagine the demand wouldn't justify the effort in setting it up as a package, but I think it's funny.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,040

Matt_Castle said:

@tacrec Sorry, I don't check this thread that often! (Particularly as I'm waiting for the gallery to be reinstated, which has broken most of the picture links).

As far as the underwear on the first page, I've abandoned that particular angle of attack, as it became clear that, while the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials underwear was prolific, simply morphing it wasn't good enough for what I wanted to do; I was moving the geometry around enough I'd need to re-rig the entire thing to resolve problems, which would prohibit re-distribution, and I do eventually want to be able to share whatever I come up with with the world. I also played with using the Sunny Bikini instead, but eventually I abandoned that angle too.

Ultimately, I decided the best option was to create a new mesh from scratch, removing any EULA related limitations on my rigging. And that has been a fair success:

I have a bit more refinement to do, but the intention is to submit this to Daz as a potential commercial product.

It's dForce compatible to allow realistically elasticated fits (or custom undressing, for the more adventurous users), although I've put in a lot of effort to mitigate common dForce limitations, and has a textures layout designed so that it can accept any seamless pattern as a base texture (using overlays to add details like stitching and such on top of that).

~~~~~

As far as other underwear related projects, I, armed with the knowledge that horses have stockings...

... am hereby choosing to inflict this WIP on the internet:

(The bra is from Mystique 2, the stockings and knickers are me wasting time in Blender, although obviously clasps and hooks are missing right now).

Probably never to be released, as I imagine the demand wouldn't justify the effort in setting it up as a package, but I think it's funny.

I'm 100% on board with this, and have toyed with the idea of developing more clothes for horses and centaurs myself. 

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Matt_Castle said:

I think it would sell pretty good, in the right kind of marketplace, if you get my drift. devil 

BTW, your regular underwear set is looking great!

WinterMoon said:

I think it would sell pretty good, in the right kind of marketplace, if you get my drift. devil

It's probably not completely unsaleable, but there's a lot of work that would need to be done - for starters, a whole heap of presets, thumbnails, promo images... and if I really wanted to make it into a complete product, I'd need to add a heap of additional morphs, as it won't be supported by anything like Fit Control.

Not saying centaur clothes would never make it to market, but I wouldn't be working on it expecting to get a good financial return.

Also, I'm not entirely sure I want to resort to "the right kind of marketplace"; this is something I've done half-facetiously, half out of curiousity and I wouldn't really want to know about the kind of things that it might be used for. (I already mostly ignore the collections my art is added to on DeviantArt, as most of the other stuff in them is more extreme than what I choose to do).

BTW, your regular underwear set is looking great!

Still stuff to do, but I think I'll be able to provide something that'll compete as a product. Not sure where the demand levels will be for underwear that's not silky nothings, but we'll have to see.

For anyone who does have an interest in my underwear project, I need to decide which brief cut to standardise for the purposes of the dForce and the UVs.

These are the current possibilities, and while there may be some morphing available at the end, it'd help if people could help me pick which should be the standard shape (to go with the bra you see in the images a few posts up).

(I'll note that things like thong and boyshort undies are planned for later sets, so more variety will be available in future).

There's still snow outside here in the UK, so a vaguely thematic render:

A work in progress idea that spawned off the image above. Still need to add in the ball and strand of yarn/wool, and build a background:

And a completely stupid idea, that like many of my completely stupid ideas, originated from discussions on the Daz Slackers Discord:

On this Valentine's Day, a reminder that triple garlic meatballs are not generally considered romantic.

Gallery Link

I should probably not be allowed to use modelling software when I'm in a silly mood.

Anyway, Happy Valentines!

Gallery Link

• You're probably right, but I for one am not complaining. The results bring a smile otherwise missing to a cold & dank February day. Thanks for the smile.

Regards,

Richard.

Given there seem to be very few young teen morphs for Genesis 8 Male (and few for older teens as well), and I really wasn't having any luck trying to dial up any I liked, I eventually ended up cheating. (All these figures are actually G8F).

On the Bridge:

Gallery Link

I've not actually done many renders I'd call "finished" since I got my RTX 3060 (one of the lucky few who have, it seems), so a fairly quick and simple one so I can pretend I've sort of done something:

Beer Garden:

Gallery Link

I'm still not really giving the new card much of a workout, but this one at least throws the RTX an interior scene with limited light sources. I'm going to have to get more adventurous if I want to give the VRAM a challenge, but jumping from a 4 GB card to a 12 GB card is a pretty big change. (And I've also got a load of old ideas my last card couldn't handle that I now need to try to go back to).

At Play:

Gallery Link

(Copying this one over here as well. Didn't initially post it here, as I wasn't sure if the moderators would find it as funny as I did).

Maxx: Rose Petals:

Gallery Link

edited May 2021

Given today has been declared Star Wars day, this one is called "May dForce be with you", and I'm not apologising for that:

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on

Happy Mother's Day!

Gallery Link

This one is unimaginatively called "Model Railway", but it was fun to put together (and finally makes use of some of the many railway assets I have):

Gallery Link

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,040

Which iSourceTextures skin is that?

@Gordig It isn't. Molly's uses P3D Azra's skin, and Grampa Baldwin uses FWSA Percy's skin, but both have a lot of parameter tweaks.