[Released] dForce Magnet [Commercial]

Comments

• spuffy said:
    barbult said:
    spuffy said:
    barbult said:

barbult said:

Here is my first "real" dForce Magnets scene. I used 4 magnets - two where the duvet goes into the dog's mouth (one on top surface and one on bottom surface) and two on the other corner that I wanted pulled back and toward the ground. The Euro Apartment duvet was already set up for dForce. I didn't have any problems with explosions or anything like that. Thank goodness for the 4.11 denoiser. I stopped this render after an hour. It was only 5% converged.

Get Up!

This is awesome!  You’re killing me here, I want to play with this program too.  

LOL.  laugh

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited January 2019
    @zpearce08 the mislocated magnet happened to me too. In my case the problem was that I was applying it to something that was already dForce simulated. I had to go back to frame 1, to the unsimulated state to apply the magnet. Then it worked.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2019
    barbult said:
    @zpearce08 the mislocated magnet happened to me too. In my case the problem was that I was applying it to something that was already dForce simulated. I had to go back to frame 1, to the unsimulated state to apply the magnet. Then it worked.

Ah yes!  It is recommended to go back to the first frame of the timeline for everything.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    spuffy said:

I just bought the hair converter for female hair and I won’t be home for three weeks to play with it and now you come out with this?  Not nice, RiverSoftArt.  I’m supposed to be enjoying my vacation, not being anxious to get home to play with your wonderful products.  

I've been known to sneak off to a quiet corner and play in Daz Studio on my vacation... Just sayin lol.

• eshaesha Posts: 3,227
    zpearce08 said:

the magnet is loading in like a half a screen away from the fabric.

The magnet uses the vertex location of the base mesh in default state. When you have a morph applied, a transformation or anything else that changes the object's appearance the Magnet will load with an offset. I recommend creating the magnet before you move or morph anything.

To use the magnet on a morphed dress, for example with a morph that widens the skirt, have the dress in default shape in frame 0, create the magnet there, and then apply the morph in frame 1 and move the magnet to fit the vertex's position.

zpearce08 said:

Also, when I run the Guide scripts, i get an error message.

This is weird. Did you install via Connect or via DIM / manually?

barbult said:

I LOVE this render! Thanks for showing yes

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@esha, @RiverSoftArt

Congratulations. This product is fabulous. Even from the limited User's renders in this thread, one can see how this makes dForce so much more versatile.

So glad I bought it.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@esha, @RiverSoftArt

Congratulations. This product is fabulous. Even from the limited User's renders in this thread, one can see how this makes dForce so much more versatile.

So glad I bought it.

@barbult

Your "Getup" render is a great effort even beyond the demonstration of the "magnet". Excellent job.

• RainRain Posts: 335
    spuffy said:

I just bought the hair converter for female hair and I won’t be home for three weeks to play with it and now you come out with this?  Not nice, RiverSoftArt.  I’m supposed to be enjoying my vacation, not being anxious to get home to play with your wonderful products.  

I've been known to sneak off to a quiet corner and play in Daz Studio on my vacation... Just sayin lol.

I’ve only got my iPad with me, couldn’t pack my MAC desktop in my carry-on luggage.  Not that I didn’t consider it.  Who needs a change of clothes anyway!?

spuffy said:
    spuffy said:

I’ve only got my iPad with me, couldn’t pack my MAC desktop in my carry-on luggage.  Not that I didn’t consider it.  Who needs a change of clothes anyway!?

That's right! Get your priorities in order. LOL

Huh... I was making a tutorial on how to let the figure drop the fabric and when I was nearly finished I found a much better way to do it. Will make a new tut, hang on please... smiley

esha said:

Huh... I was making a tutorial on how to let the figure drop the fabric and when I was nearly finished I found a much better way to do it. Will make a new tut, hang on please... smiley

My mother would say "Doesn't that just frost ya!". I'm not sure how that translates to German. laugh

• ArikuAriku Posts: 7
    esha said:

I had a lot of fun making my promos, I hope you'll have fun playing with the dForce Magnets, too! smiley

Best tool ever I got from daz . thanks a lot for making it!!! You're awesome.   Results and possibilities are huge , also very easy and fast to apply , even for a normal pose ( note that I'm a rookie in daz , only playing in it since 6 month.)

• esha said:

Going back to the drawing board because I figured out a better way of doing things is my modus operandi!  laugh

• Ariku said:
    esha said:

I had a lot of fun making my promos, I hope you'll have fun playing with the dForce Magnets, too! smiley

Best tool ever I got from daz . thanks a lot for making it!!! You're awesome.   Results and possibilities are huge , also very easy and fast to apply , even for a normal pose ( note that I'm a rookie in daz , only playing in it since 6 month.)

Great!  I am glad you like it!

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited January 2019

Three tries. Two Studio crashes.

My first run did well. One magnet, but I did notice that the rotate controls were very jerky and slow responding.

Deleted the magnets, cleared the simulation, tried another run with two magnets; same very jerky rotation responsiveness, crashed Studio before the second magnet was positioned correctly.

Started again, fresh scene because of the crash. First magnet positioned incorrectly, off the vertex, added second magnet, crashed Studio on rotate again.

I'm running 4.10.0.123 64 bit, with an i7 quad core and about 16gb free ram. I've run a lot of dForce simulations, and have no particular troubles, so long as I use the timeline method. Never had a crash with that approach, guesstimate a hundred or so simulations.

I see Barbult has something about the mispositioning, and that there's a workaround, but what's with the jerky nonresponsiveness on the controls, leading to a very rapid CRASH ?

Post edited by nowefg on
  • nowefg said:

Three tries. Two Studio crashes.

My first run did well. One magnet, but I did notice that the rotate controls were very jerky and slow responding.

Deleted the magnets, cleared the simulation, tried another run with two magnets; same very jerky rotation responsiveness, crashed Studio before the second magnet was positioned correctly.

Started again, fresh scene because of the crash. First magnet positioned incorrectly, off the vertex, added second magnet, crashed Studio on rotate again.

I'm running 4.10.0.123 64 bit, with an i7 quad core and about 16gb free ram. I've run a lot of dForce simulations, and have no particular troubles, so long as I use the timeline method. Never had a crash with that approach, guesstimate a hundred or so simulations.

I see Barbult has something about the mispositioning, and that there's a workaround, but what's with the jerky nonresponsiveness on the controls, leading to a very rapid CRASH ?

What do you mean rotate controls?  The script rotate controls are used to create the dForce Magnet and then they are gone.  If there is a LOT of geometry in the dForce object, it can be slower.  Is this what is crashing DS?  Or are you talking about selecting the created magnet and rotating that?  You should not do that (and it won't really do anything).  The magnet is attached to one vertex of the dForce object.  You translate the magnet.

You need to clear simulation and be at the beginning of the timeline for creating dForce Magnets.

edited January 2019

What do you mean rotate controls?  The script rotate controls are used to create the dForce Magnet and then they are gone.  If there is a LOT of geometry in the dForce object, it can be slower.  Is this what is crashing DS?  Or are you talking about selecting the created magnet and rotating that?  You should not do that (and it won't really do anything).  The magnet is attached to one vertex of the dForce object.  You translate the magnet.

You need to clear simulation and be at the beginning of the timeline for creating dForce Magnets.

What I'm referring to are the magnet controls in the popup that are used to position the magnet x,y,z,scale. Those controls, used to rotate the magnet. What I assumed was that those controls are there for a reason, that being to position the magnets orientation relative to the geometry. Isn't that what they are there for?

Both Studio crashes occurred as I was using the sliders to position/rotate the magnets. Never got to simulation

The responsiveness issue I'm referring to takes place when I use any of the sliders to "rotate" the magnet, x.y, or z. The movement of the slider and the magnet are both very jerky and the magnet lags behind the slider a lot.

The crashes both happened during that moving the slider in the popup window process. Once on x axis, once on z axis. Both times at the beginning of the timeline, first frame. Both times on a cleared simulation. Once cleared manually, and once because I had to restart Studio because of the prior crash, so I assume the sim was cleared.

So, I'm talking about using the popup window controls to orient the magnet when it first appears, at the first  frame, in a cleared simulation. Does that clarify?

The figure in the scene is a stock figure, the clothing item is dForce compliant that I've simulated successfully several times. There are  no materials applied to either the figure or the clothing. There is nothing else in the scene.

Post edited by nowefg on
  • nowefg said:

What I'm referring to are the magnet controls in the popup that are used to position the magnet x,y,z,scale. Those controls, used to rotate the magnet. What I assumed was that those controls are there for a reason, that being to position the magnets orientation relative to the geometry. Isn't that what they are there for?

The responsiveness issue I'm referring to takes place when I use any of the sliders to "rotate" the magnet, x.y, or z. The movement of the slider and the magnet are both very jerky and the magnet lags behind the slider a lot.

The crashes both happened during that moving the slider in the popup window process. Once on x axis, once on z axis. Both times at the beginning of the timeline, first frame. Both times on a cleared simulation. Once cleared manually, and once because I had to restart Studio because of the prior crash, so I assume the sim was cleared.

So, I'm talking about using the popup window controls to orient the magnet when it first appears, at the first  frame, in a cleared simulation. Does that clarify?

The figure in the scene is a stock figure, the clothing item is dForce compliant that I've simulated successfully several times. There are  no materials applied to either the figure or the clothing. There is nothing else in the scene.

Ok, that clarifies things. smiley  Yes, those controls are to make sure the magnet is out of the way so it won't get caught during simulation.

What is your video card?  Have you tried with wireframe or something with less graphics requirements?  Every time you move a slider it destroys the last magnet and creates a new one with the new orientation.  Moving the sliders can be expensive, you can also click on the number above the slider and directly enter a number to only have this destroy/create occur once.

edited January 2019
    nowefg said:

Both Studio crashes occurred as I was using the sliders to position/rotate the magnets. Never got to simulation

I just had the Daz Studio crash while rotating a magnet. The slider was moving smoothly and the magnet was rotating in the viewport nicely. Then the slider and movement froze. Shortly after, Daz Studio crashed to the desktop with no visible error message. When I reopen Daz Studio and look at the log, I see this at the end of the previous session, before it crashed:

2019-01-29 22:34:31.905 Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm dforce magnet.dse
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.909 DEBUG: Found: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.911 DEBUG: Found: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/data/riversoft art/common/rsmagnetconstants.dsa
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.918 DEBUG: Found: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/data/riversoft art/common/rsbuildpanels.dsa
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.921 DEBUG: Found: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/data/riversoft art/common/rsmagnetfunctions.dse
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.929 DEBUG: Starting creation of dForce Magnet
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.930 DEBUG: Selected vertex of pPlane(10q0000)80 is [10,0,10]
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.930 DEBUG: Creating the dForce Magnet
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.930 DEBUG: nSize 4
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.933 DEBUG: Setting the dForce Magnet visibility so it can be animated
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.934 DEBUG: dForce Magnet creation is complete
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.425 DEBUG: Starting creation of dForce Magnet
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.425 DEBUG: Selected vertex of pPlane(10q0000)80 is [10,0,10]
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.425 DEBUG: Creating the dForce Magnet
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.425 DEBUG: nSize 4
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.428 DEBUG: Setting the dForce Magnet visibility so it can be animated
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.429 DEBUG: dForce Magnet creation is complete
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.489 DEBUG: Starting creation of dForce Magnet
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.489 DEBUG: Selected vertex of pPlane(10q0000)80 is [10,0,10]
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.490 DEBUG: Creating the dForce Magnet
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.490 DEBUG: nSize 4
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.492 DEBUG: Setting the dForce Magnet visibility so it can be animated
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.493 DEBUG: dForce Magnet creation is complete
    etc. with the last 6 lines repeated dozens of time.

Edited to add: I was just adding a second magnet to the simple plane I used in my example of draging the cloth around on a sphere.

Edited again to add: It crashes consistently for me now. Yesterday it was working OK. I can't use those rotation sliders at all anymore, even in a brand new scene with a single primitive with very few vertices.

Edited again to add: It crashes when I click the +/- controls, too. I am using DS 4.11.0.236, just like yesterday when it seemed to work. Maybe I entered a number yesterday instead of using the slider. I'm not sure, but I thought I used the slider. Otherwise it is too hard to guess what value to use.

The Windows 10 Maintenance log says this about the crash:

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\DAZStudio.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: DAZStudio.exe
    Application Version: 4.11.0.236
    Application Timestamp: 5bb5c84b
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_9963
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.17134.471
    Fault Module Timestamp: 7e614c22
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: PCH_3B_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009B4F4
    OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 9963
    Additional Information 2: 996357e708df89ee1bef3c66395feb06
    Additional Information 3: 2e14
    Additional Information 4: 2e1452b5c0bad97d0d2cd4fc29bb7ea0

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: c75df5ed6c4f4b69e017167ed9864480 (1159420163142337664)

edited January 2019

I need help with a different problem. How do I attach a magnet to a dress on a morphed character and then simulate the dress? I understand that the object to receive the magnet (the dress in this case) must be unmorphed, right? I tried the idea of setting frame 0 to the base G8F and then dialing in Edie 8 on frame 1. That worked to attach the magnet to the dress, but at frame 1, when Edie is dialed in, the dress doesn't fit her at all. It is huge and baggy. As the simulation progresses, it doesn't get any better.

Help!

Frame 0 G8F

Frame 0 G8F

Frame 1 Edie 8 Dialed In

Frame 1 Edie 8

Frame 0 Base G8F to attach magnet.JPG
    1552 x 1938 - 314K
    Frame 1 set figure shape to Edie 8.JPG
    1551 x 1939 - 304K

Tried again. The popup window jerkiness remains extreme, nudging the sliders the tiniest increment is the only way to get the magnet to follow reasonably smoothly. I have no trouble at all with Studio sliders... smooth as silk.

But... fresh scene, stock figure, dForce clothing. no mats or shaders, nothing else in the scene, at Frame Zero, range set to 50 frames.

Go to frame 30, apply pose, then back to frame zero.

Frame zero, locate vertex, load magnet, IGNORE popup rotations, hit Accept.

Parameters tab shows Magnet position as 0,0,0 x,y,z at Frame zero.

Go to frame 10, reposition magnet y and Z, parameters tab reflects the new position.

Go to frame 20, same as above.

Go to frame 30, same.

Go back to Frame zero, parameters tab shows x,y,z NOT at 0,0,0 for the magnet. Both Y and Z, the two transforms I used to move the magnet, show greater than zero.

Start sim anyway, the magnet ELONGATES to reach 0,0,0 ! Wild effect ! Stop sim.

Got back to Frame Zero, manually zero x,y,z transforms for the magnet.

Sim runs normally, magnet functions properly.

So, a definite bug. If Frame zero magnet position is 0,0,0 when I start, that's where the magnet should be on returning to frame zero. But it isn't. El Buggo.

The slider issue is not related to my hardware, graphics card, etc. As I said, the Daz Studio sliders all function flawlessly. So, that problem with dForce magents is a whopper problem. And the non-return-to-zero at Frame zero is another big one.

I have to say, I took a chance on this product mostly because esha's name is attached to it, and I love their stuff; their clothing morphs in particular are well thought and flawlessly executed. Never any problems at all.

If you can fix the bugs, Riversoft, I may keep dForce Magnets, but, once again, you need to get ya some testers.

You need to create a keyframe at frame 0 with the magnet position at 0,0,0. After you translate your magnet in a different frame, go back to frame 0 and reset XYZ translation to 0 and create a keyframe.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@nowefg, As barbult points out, you need to create a keyframe for the magnet at Frame 0. esha made a point of telling us that in the video User guide. I've added it below so you don't have to go looking for it.

• barbult said:

I need help with a different problem. How do I attach a magnet to a dress on a morphed character and then simulate the dress? I understand that the object to receive the magnet (the dress in this case) must be unmorphed, right? I tried the idea of setting frame 0 to the base G8F and then dialing in Edie 8 on frame 1. That worked to attach the magnet to the dress, but at frame 1, when Edie is dialed in, the dress doesn't fit her at all. It is huge and baggy. As the simulation progresses, it doesn't get any better.

Help!

Frame 0 G8F

Frame 0 G8F

Frame 1 Edie 8 Dialed In

Frame 1 Edie 8

Oh wow! She reminds me of the lady from Star Trek The Motion Picture! 

• nowefg said:

Tried again. The popup window jerkiness remains extreme, nudging the sliders the tiniest increment is the only way to get the magnet to follow reasonably smoothly. I have no trouble at all with Studio sliders... smooth as silk.

But... fresh scene, stock figure, dForce clothing. no mats or shaders, nothing else in the scene, at Frame Zero, range set to 50 frames.

Go to frame 30, apply pose, then back to frame zero.

Frame zero, locate vertex, load magnet, IGNORE popup rotations, hit Accept.

Parameters tab shows Magnet position as 0,0,0 x,y,z at Frame zero.

Go to frame 10, reposition magnet y and Z, parameters tab reflects the new position.

Go to frame 20, same as above.

Go to frame 30, same.

Go back to Frame zero, parameters tab shows x,y,z NOT at 0,0,0 for the magnet. Both Y and Z, the two transforms I used to move the magnet, show greater than zero.

Start sim anyway, the magnet ELONGATES to reach 0,0,0 ! Wild effect ! Stop sim.

Got back to Frame Zero, manually zero x,y,z transforms for the magnet.

Sim runs normally, magnet functions properly.

So, a definite bug. If Frame zero magnet position is 0,0,0 when I start, that's where the magnet should be on returning to frame zero. But it isn't. El Buggo.

The slider issue is not related to my hardware, graphics card, etc. As I said, the Daz Studio sliders all function flawlessly. So, that problem with dForce magents is a whopper problem. And the non-return-to-zero at Frame zero is another big one.

I have to say, I took a chance on this product mostly because esha's name is attached to it, and I love their stuff; their clothing morphs in particular are well thought and flawlessly executed. Never any problems at all.

If you can fix the bugs, Riversoft, I may keep dForce Magnets, but, once again, you need to get ya some testers.

barbult said:

You need to create a keyframe at frame 0 with the magnet position at 0,0,0. After you translate your magnet in a different frame, go back to frame 0 and reset XYZ translation to 0 and create a keyframe.

As @barbult wrote.  Daz Studio does *not* by default create a keyframe at frame 0 (though it does *show* an indicator like there is a keyframe).  Esha and I were complaining about this ourselves during development.

• barbult said:
    nowefg said:

I just had the Daz Studio crash while rotating a magnet. The slider was moving smoothly and the magnet was rotating in the viewport nicely. Then the slider and movement froze. Shortly after, Daz Studio crashed to the desktop with no visible error message. When I reopen Daz Studio and look at the log, I see this at the end of the previous session, before it crashed:

2019-01-29 22:34:31.905 Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm dforce magnet.dse
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.909 DEBUG: Found: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.911 DEBUG: Found: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/data/riversoft art/common/rsmagnetconstants.dsa
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.918 DEBUG: Found: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/data/riversoft art/common/rsbuildpanels.dsa
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.921 DEBUG: Found: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/data/riversoft art/common/rsmagnetfunctions.dse
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.930 DEBUG: Selected vertex of pPlane(10q0000)80 is [10,0,10]
    2019-01-29 22:34:31.933 DEBUG: Setting the dForce Magnet visibility so it can be animated
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.425 DEBUG: Selected vertex of pPlane(10q0000)80 is [10,0,10]
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.428 DEBUG: Setting the dForce Magnet visibility so it can be animated
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.489 DEBUG: Selected vertex of pPlane(10q0000)80 is [10,0,10]
    2019-01-29 22:34:37.492 DEBUG: Setting the dForce Magnet visibility so it can be animated

Edited to add: I was just adding a second magnet to the simple plane I used in my example of draging the cloth around on a sphere.

Edited again to add: It crashes consistently for me now. Yesterday it was working OK. I can't use those rotation sliders at all anymore, even in a brand new scene with a single primitive with very few vertices.

Edited again to add: It crashes when I click the +/- controls, too. I am using DS 4.11.0.236, just like yesterday when it seemed to work. Maybe I entered a number yesterday instead of using the slider. I'm not sure, but I thought I used the slider. Otherwise it is too hard to guess what value to use.

Hmmm.  I will try and reproduce this.  Until I can, it is hard to debug and fix.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

• barbult said:
    nowefg said:

Hmmm.  I will try and reproduce this.  Until I can, it is hard to debug and fix.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

BTW, have you tried rebooting?  I am thinking that Daz might have left some temporary file around that is corrupted that is making it unstable.  Letting Windows cleanup might help.

Thanks for the heads up and link. It is kind of cool seeing how far that diamond gizmo will stretch  to reach back to zero, though...

Prior to dForce, I mostly use Keymate for animating. If I morph a figure or change a postion of anything somewhere down the timeline with that product, keyframes are created automatically. I don't have to add one. Keymate knows where zero is. I don't have to track that; the start position zero is automatically inserted. If I return to frame zero, the changes revert to zero all by themselves.

Not the case with dForce Magnets? Oh well. I don't see that I couldn't achieve simnilar results on my own, without the $17.47 crash factory.

Refund to PayPal time.