[Released] dForce Magnet [Commercial]

Comments

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
    esha said:
    Imago said:
    esha said:

It might require some trial and error to find the optimal speed for the movement to make it look natural.

Way more than you could imagine, sadly... I already tried something like those magnets some time ago (a simple prop stuck on the cloth) and always had the same "hooked looking" bit on the moving part. It happens because the part still hangs on something and to avoid that you should reach a falling speed higher than the gravity. At that point the effect is totally unnatural.

There is a workaround: Basically you export the draped clothing, import it and start a new simulation, without the Magnet added, starting at the frame where the first one stopped. There is a little more to it to make it work perfectly but it can be done.

Hmmm... I might need to make another video for it smiley

Sounds good but I think it's impossible do that in an animation... sad
    Basically it's a "two-times" thing and as I know it's impossible mix two DForce simulations. Simply, it isn't a product for animations.

• nicstt said:

Now I'm presuming it isn't Daz Soon.

I'm hoping it's really, really soon?

I don't know what Daz Soon is.  I would say it's a good soon. smiley

• spuffy said:

I just bought the hair converter for female hair and I won’t be home for three weeks to play with it and now you come out with this?  Not nice, RiverSoftArt.  I’m supposed to be enjoying my vacation, not being anxious to get home to play with your wonderful products.  

Well, after your vacation, you get Christmas again cheeky

• AllenArt said:

I think I love you.

Laurie

LOL. blush

• RainRain Posts: 335
    spuffy said:

I just bought the hair converter for female hair and I won’t be home for three weeks to play with it and now you come out with this?  Not nice, RiverSoftArt.  I’m supposed to be enjoying my vacation, not being anxious to get home to play with your wonderful products.  

Well, after your vacation, you get Christmas again cheeky

There is that ;-)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    nicstt said:

'Daz Soon', might be before the heat-death of the Universe. cheeky

• nicstt said:
    nicstt said:

'Daz Soon', might be before the heat-death of the Universe. cheeky

Ah, we are good then.  It should be before then smiley

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Wow, looks really interesting and helpful.

I still love your https://www.daz3d.com/look-at-me-pose-control look at me product. It saves so much time, it pays itself back a hundred fold.

• Paintbox said:

Wow, looks really interesting and helpful.

I still love your https://www.daz3d.com/look-at-me-pose-control look at me product. It saves so much time, it pays itself back a hundred fold.

Thanks.  That is still my favorite product.  One I use EVERY day.

• Gahhhh... why must you be so gosh darn amazing?!

• Finlaena said:

Gahhhh... why must you be so gosh darn amazing?!

LOL.  Thank you!

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

Just the other day I was wishing I had something like this. Thank you!

• maraich said:

Just the other day I was wishing I had something like this. Thank you!

You're very welcome!  I can't wait to see what people do with it!

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

Was using MD the other day, thinking, man if only I could manipulate things like this in Daz Studio. Awesome work. Look forward to this. ...alot!

• Td3d said:

Was using MD the other day, thinking, man if only I could manipulate things like this in Daz Studio. Awesome work. Look forward to this. ...alot!

Thanks!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

@esha will you be doing more videos showing  using this procedure on   actual clothing items as opposed to a standard  piece of fabric ?  It makes more sense to me seeing it used on an piece of clothing/ drapes etc

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757

And it's in the store now....

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Cybersox said:

And in my cart!

Thank you RSA and esha! (Nice video on the sales page, too.)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited January 2019

How did the pulling up the red drss to put a foot on the stool one work? It looks as if the second magnet doesn't kick in until part way through, but from the discussion that doesn't seem possible. Was it a two-stage simulation, as described by Esha above?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • L'Adair said:
    Cybersox said:

And in my cart!

Thank you RSA and esha! (Nice video on the sales page, too.)

You're welcome!

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,361
    edited January 2019

How did the pulling up the red drss to put a foot on the stool one work? It looks as if the second magnet doesn't kick in until part way through, but from the discussion that doesn't seem possible. Was it a two-stage simulation, as described by Esha above?

She discusses how to do that type of stuff from 13:38 on in the tutorial 

(actually around 15:30 but it is probably good to watch from this point)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Kharma said:

@esha will you be doing more videos showing  using this procedure on   actual clothing items as opposed to a standard  piece of fabric ?  It makes more sense to me seeing it used on an piece of clothing/ drapes etc

I passed your question on to make sure Esha sees this.

• eshaesha Posts: 3,227
    Imago said:

Basically it's a "two-times" thing and as I know it's impossible mix two DForce simulations. Simply, it isn't a product for animations.

I found a way to make it work. I'll make a video for it smiley

Kharma said:

Would a making-of of one of the promo sims be helpful? I could do a walk-through of the setup and why I did it that way.

No, only one stage. I posed the second magnet in a way so it just floats on top of the fabric until it starts to move on its own. RiverSoftArt pointed out the part of the tut where I explained that technique. I did it exactly like that.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
    esha said:
    Imago said:

I found a way to make it work. I'll make a video for it smiley

Oh, nice! It's an instabuy if I can use it in my animations! laughyes

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    esha said:
    Imago said:

Kharma said:

Would a making-of of one of the promo sims be helpful? I could do a walk-through of the setup and why I did it that way.

Yes that would be perfect , I will be watching for it.  thanks so much, your videos are awesome.

• I've just bought this product and look forward to using it. However, because I don't use any installers but always load into my Directories manually, can you suggest what area I should load it to, or where it would go, if left to install on its own?

Would you call it a Morph, a Prop or an Addon? I could always give it a new Section all for itself if need be.

And yes. Any video, preferably with sound, (as a video without sound is like an Egg Timer without sand) would be really helpful.

Cheers

Gray

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016

I haven't been buying anything lately and I was very pleased... and then you worked your magic again, @Tom/RiverSoftArt! I can't wait to play with this!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

You can never have too many tutorials, lol.  Have it in my cart and soon in my hot little hands.  Thank you RSA and Esha.

• How did the pulling up the red drss to put a foot on the stool one work? It looks as if the second magnet doesn't kick in until part way through, but from the discussion that doesn't seem possible. Was it a two-stage simulation, as described by Esha above?

She discusses how to do that type of stuff from 13:38 on in the tutorial 

(actually around 15:30 but it is probably good to watch from this point)

Thank you, I'd forgotten the video from earlier.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

This looks to be far superior to the old cloth handles and props we had with Optitex (which took SOOO much work it was rarely worth the effort in the end). With the current state of dForce (kinda poor), we need this and other tools like it.

I'm on a content diet, but I can't afford not to buy this.