DIM Download Failed!, Download Failed!, Download Failed!

2»

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586
    Pack58 said:
    kyoto kid said:

Also being a fresh install would mean everything I already have installed would reappear in the "ready to install" tab. I didn't install most of the Poser and none of the legacy content so I could get back into working as soon as possible.  I only install those when I find I need them (like for a Daz CF that is already in the Library tree).  I really don't relish sorting through thousands of files every time I find need one of the older ones.

Could you not rename or move the ManifestFiles folder while you do the reinstall then rename/move them back and merge/replace?

Maybe the same for the Filters folder.

...well if I am to remove "all traces" of the current DIM to perform a proper "clean install", that those would have to go as well. 

Taoz said:

json files are normally readable in a text editor (e.g. Windows Notepad), they're not really code, just structured data which are easy to read. Sort of like readable multidimensional arrays. 

...I tried to open it and received the error message:

This file does not have a programme associated with it for performing this action

Chohole said:

You have/had your desktop configured as a content installation path within Install Manager, and you have installed something there.
    As Taoz said,  these files can be opened in a text editor

...I never deliberately changed the content installation path to the desktop or C: drive as my boot drive is small, basically enough to contain Windows, system utilities, and programmes.  All my content installations are designated to go to the larger D: "Library" drive. 

So how would I go about fixing this without taking the "band aid" approach?

• kyoto kid said:
    Taoz said:

json files are normally readable in a text editor (e.g. Windows Notepad), they're not really code, just structured data which are easy to read. Sort of like readable multidimensional arrays. 

...I tried to open it and received the error message:

This file does not have a programme associated with it for performing this action

Open your text editor and drag the file into the open window.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    Zeke42 said:

I've tried to download numerous items via Daz's download manager (the latest being the Genesis Anime Starter Bundle) and the all fail. The DIM's log show this everytime:

WARNING: SSL Error: 11 - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found
    WARNING: SSL Error: 17 - The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purpose
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": SSL handshake failed

Can someone translate this for me or tell me how to manually install like the old days? Thanks.

At least you're getting an ERROR warning, I simply have some downloads that fail before completion.  I end up having to go in Daz and downloading them there off the product tab.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733
    edited August 2019
    kyoto kid said:
    Pack58 said:
    kyoto kid said:

Also being a fresh install would mean everything I already have installed would reappear in the "ready to install" tab. I didn't install most of the Poser and none of the legacy content so I could get back into working as soon as possible.  I only install those when I find I need them (like for a Daz CF that is already in the Library tree).  I really don't relish sorting through thousands of files every time I find need one of the older ones.

Could you not rename or move the ManifestFiles folder while you do the reinstall then rename/move them back and merge/replace?

Maybe the same for the Filters folder.

...well if I am to remove "all traces" of the current DIM to perform a proper "clean install", that those would have to go as well. 

What I meant was all files related to DIM itself, not the Manifest files and other content related data files. The DIM [user].ini file ( C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts\[user].ini ) seems to contain all the paths and other settings, so make a backup of it in a folder unrelated to DIM before doing anything.

One thing you could try is to create a new/extra user in DIM. It worked for me once I had this problem. Just use a different user name but same email and password. If it works and it updates to the new version, I imagine that you can replace the AccountTitle= and Account= fields in the old [user].ini file with those from the new one, and then replace the new .ini file with it, to keep your paths and other settings. I'll recommend making a text compare (e.g. with https://www.deltawalker.com/ ) between the old and the new .ini file first though, to see what other changes the update may have done to the file, if any.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited August 2019

...yeah, I could use the "band aid" approach, but the "old school" programmer in me tends to want to find and squash whatever bug is causing this. 

My thinking is that misplaced .json file may be the cause because it appeared about when this occurred.

Edited to update, figured out how to get it to open in Notepad, File is 0 length, basically it is empty.

Also noticed the the 

So still in the dark about what suddenly caused this to occur and like like to know why before I uninstall it and download the new version, likely hosing something else in the process as like I mentioned, it would not be an "update" but a fresh install that will have to be reconfigured all over again.  For the time being, I'm going to have to deal with the drudgery manually installing and hope I get everything in the right place.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • I think I know what causes this and how fix it. I ran into the problem while setting up a new computer. I installed Daz Install Manager and tried to download stuff. DIM would display a list of the stuff I had purchased, but all attempts to download would fail with SSL certificate errors. The problem went away after I connected to https:://www.daz3d.com with a web browser. I suspect that DIM doesn't have the logic needed to fetch parent certificates when needed, so it fails when it gets a certificate that depends on a parent certificate if the parent certificate hasn't already been fetched. Web browsers know how to do this, and simply visting https://www.daz3d.com with any web browser will fetch the parent certificate(s). After this has been done, DIM works OK.
  • kyoto kid said:

..OK while doing some general maintenance, I noticed this file sitting on my desktop that I never saw before:

Of course it is unopenable as it is used for javascript data structures. Wondering if this  could be the culprit?

I tried that with no luck

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    kyoto kid said:

..OK while doing some general maintenance, I noticed this file sitting on my desktop that I never saw before:

Of course it is unopenable as it is used for javascript data structures. Wondering if this  could be the culprit?

I tried that with no luck

That's where DIM keeps track of files that are used by more than one product, so that it doesn't remove them unless all the products that need it are uninstalled.  If you delete it, you can recreate it in DIM's advanced settings (assuming there aren't products that weren't installed with DIM that use the same files).

• My downloads are failing and the log says this:

WARNING: Network Error:  : Connection closed
    Install Queue Finished: 0 min 0.0 sec

Someone help how can I download?