DIM Download Failed!, Download Failed!, Download Failed!

I've tried to download numerous items via Daz's download manager (the latest being the Genesis Anime Starter Bundle) and the all fail. The DIM's log show this everytime:

WARNING: SSL Error: 11 - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found
WARNING: SSL Error: 17 - The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purpose
WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": SSL handshake failed

Can someone translate this for me or tell me how to manually install like the old days? Thanks.

Comments

• I'm having that issue as well....not sure why.  This is normally a very stable download connection.

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    It seems their SSL certificate has expired.
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

I had a very quick download via DIM just now

• Zeke42Zeke42 Posts: 57
    XpiderMan said:
    It seems their SSL certificate has expired.

Can you elaborate on what that means? Thanks.

Linwelly said:

I had a very quick download via DIM just now

Cool?

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

I just checked the certificate that the DIM machine connects to, the certificate hasn't been modified since 2017 and is valid until "Saturday, January 2, 2021 at 3:25:58 PM" so unless the clock in your computer is really off, something else is happening.

Perhaps your ISP is redirecting your download request to some advertising page they are putting up.

DAZ_Rawb said:

I just checked the certificate that the DIM machine connects to, the certificate hasn't been modified since 2017 and is valid until "Saturday, January 2, 2021 at 3:25:58 PM" so unless the clock in your computer is really off, something else is happening.

Perhaps your ISP is redirecting your download request to some advertising page they are putting up.

I checked the clock/calendar and it appears to be synced correctly.

I don't know if the ISP (Comcast) is doing any kind of fishy ad stuff but I wouldn't think so (not that I would know how to tell anyways).

Is manual installs no longer an option?

• Yah you can still do a manual install. Click on the name of the product you want to install in your product library. At the bottom of the product description you will see the available files. Click the download link in the "Manual" column.

Yah you can still do a manual install. Click on the name of the product you want to install in your product library. At the bottom of the product description you will see the available files. Click the download link in the "Manual" column.

Perfect! That was much easier to do then fighting with DIM. :)

Thanks to everyone for your feedback.

• You can also download the zip manually and place it in the DIM Downloads folder for installation.

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

FYI, This summer the Manual Downloads was switched over to use the same servers as the DIM downloads so if you could manually download without big SSL alarms going off in your browser it means that the SSL certificate is valid on the server.

This is really weird that DIM isn't accepting that same SSL certificate on your machine.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367

You can also download the zip manually and place it in the DIM Downloads folder for installation.

Richard, I need to do this for a number of items bought at another location.

Could you walk us through this, as I am totally unfamiliar with this procedure.

Or, if it has been covered elsewhere could you please give a link to that.

Thanks.

R

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited January 2019

You can also download the zip manually and place it in the DIM Downloads folder for installation.

Richard, I need to do this for a number of items bought at another location.

Could you walk us through this, as I am totally unfamiliar with this procedure.

Or, if it has been covered elsewhere could you please give a link to that.

Thanks.

R

Are they set up for DIM? They may be, the Content package Assistant allows that, but most items from other stores and sites are not usable with DIM.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367

Thanks. I will look into that first.

But just in case, could you direct me to a discussion that goes over installing such 3rd. party items manually.

Thanks.

• ErrilhlErrilhl Posts: 20

Hmm. Old post, and necroposting, but I'm having the same issue here right now.

DIM 1.2.0.27 (64 bit)
    Tried with both router adblocking on and off, using CloudFlare / Google DNS (shouldn't matter).

WARNING: SSL Error: 17 - The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purposeWARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": SSL handshake failedWARNING: SSL Error: 11 - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be foundWARNING: SSL Error: 17 - The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purposeWARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": SSL handshake failedWARNING: SSL Error: 11 - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found

I can download directly from DAZ no issue, so... where's the problem? This happens regardless of what I try to download, currently I would like to reinstall DAZ :D

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited August 2019

...I haven't even been able to even  sign onto the DIM lately.  Every time I try, I get the same error (see below) even though neither my username or password was changed.

DIM sign on.jpg
    797 x 830 - 101K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142
    Errilhl said:

Hmm. Old post, and necroposting, but I'm having the same issue here right now.

DIM 1.2.0.27 (64 bit)
    Tried with both router adblocking on and off, using CloudFlare / Google DNS (shouldn't matter).

WARNING: SSL Error: 17 - The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purposeWARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": SSL handshake failedWARNING: SSL Error: 11 - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be foundWARNING: SSL Error: 17 - The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purposeWARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": SSL handshake failedWARNING: SSL Error: 11 - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found

I can download directly from DAZ no issue, so... where's the problem? This happens regardless of what I try to download, currently I would like to reinstall DAZ :D

I'm using this version on my Mac and am not experiencing any problems signing on. Installed items without incident.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited August 2019
    kyoto kid said:

...I haven't even been able to even  sign onto the DIM lately.  Every time I try, I get the same error (see below) even though neither my username or password was changed.

Works OK here.  I've had that error too, creating a second account DIM user using same login fixed it AFAIR.  Otherwise you could try to uninstall, then delete/rename C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts\Account.ini, and then reinstall. It's an old version you have btw, current is 1.2.0.27, so you need to update anyway.

Post edited by Taoz on

...interesting, I never received the update message, it just times out to the error.

When was the latest update?

edited August 2019
    kyoto kid said:

...interesting, I never received the update message, it just times out to the error.

A week ago I think. BTW, I meant creating a second user in DIM, not a second account.

Post edited by Taoz on

...I've been going back & forth with the Help Centre and it just doesn't make sense as my account name is correct (according to the DIM log file) and neither my email or password was changed before this occurred. Everything is exactly the same as it was before so by all means I should not be having this issue (and should have received the DIM update message).

About the time this began I also no longer could embed videos in posts by simply pasting the link in the edit window, which tells me something went a bit screwy with the site software.

Taoz said:
    kyoto kid said:

A week ago I think. BTW, I meant creating a second user in DIM, not a second account.

I just checked the DIM thread, it says the .27 update was released at june 24 but I first got it at July 13. And I'm using DIM almost daily. Wonder why there is almost 3 weeks delay.

edited August 2019

..another thing I noticed was on my account page my name is shown with upper case letters while the DIM log file shows it in all lowercase.  This is the way it has always been ever since I signed up here over 12 years ago.  That apparently never made a difference before so I don't know why suddenly it keeps denying my sign in. Also, surprised I never received the update prompt as my last successful interaction with the DIM  was July 22nd which should have kicked in the update process but it didn't.  There was no popup indicating a login error (this was after I switched my system location to GB from US to get UK formatting (I prefer the UK keyboard setup as it is easier to use with my stiff arthritic hands)  The next day was when I received the login error message after grabbing a couple freebies.. This is extremely frustrating and the advice to I was given to just add a new account seems more like band aid solution to cover for sloppy coding to me.

edited August 2019

..OK while doing some general maintenance, I noticed this file sitting on my desktop that I never saw before:

Of course it is unopenable as it is used for javascript data structures. Wondering if this  could be the culprit?

install manager file.png
    180 x 87 - 4K
    edited August 2019
    kyoto kid said:

..OK while doing some general maintenance, I noticed this file sitting on my desktop that I never saw before:

Of course it is unopenable as it is used for javascript data structures. Wondering if this  could be the culprit?

Which data does it contain? It could be a temporary file that the installer for the new version has created, whereafter the installer may have crashed.

Have you tried to uninstall the current version (removing all traces) and reinstall the new one manually?

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited August 2019

...I cannot open it as I don't have the utilities needed to read Javascript code.

My reluctance to manually uninstalling and doing a full clean install of the new version is that I'd have to reset all my filters all over again as well as my install paths.  To remove all traces would also mean removing the download backup file which I use if something becomes corrupted so I don;t have to both download and reinstall again as well as puts around with the registry, something that can easily mess things up badly if you don't know what you are doing (I may be great at configuring, building, and maintaining hardware, but I'm all thumbs when it comes to dealing with the nuts & bolts of today's software and OS stuff).   

Also being a fresh install would mean everything I already have installed would reappear in the "ready to install" tab. I didn't install most of the Poser and none of the legacy content so I could get back into working as soon as possible.  I only install those when I find I need them (like for a Daz CF that is already in the Library tree).  I really don't relish sorting through thousands of files every time I find need one of the older ones.

json files are normally readable in a text editor (e.g. Windows Notepad), they're not really code, just structured data which are easy to read. Sort of like readable multidimensional arrays. 

• Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750
    edited August 2019
    kyoto kid said:

Also being a fresh install would mean everything I already have installed would reappear in the "ready to install" tab. I didn't install most of the Poser and none of the legacy content so I could get back into working as soon as possible.  I only install those when I find I need them (like for a Daz CF that is already in the Library tree).  I really don't relish sorting through thousands of files every time I find need one of the older ones.

Could you not rename or move the ManifestFiles folder while you do the reinstall then rename/move them back and merge/replace?

Maybe the same for the Filters folder.

Post edited by Pack58 on
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303

Do all people having this problem are using Windows 7 ?

If that's the case may be this will help https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2019

You have/had your desktop configured as a content installation path within Install Manager, and you have installed something there.
    As Taoz said,  these files can be opened in a text editor

Post edited by Chohole on