any news on the hd plugin?? :D

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795

he is a tad dear at the moment sadly even for me to spring you a Gift Certificate

when Josh Crockett releases his next figure he will go on sale

https://www.daz3d.com/the-disruptor-alien-hd-for-genesis-3-male

I did not pay that much cheeky was the most extreme HD morph I owned so of course I tried it, honestly he is too heavy to render anyway in DAZ studio even openGL

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,656

Another trial - Orc HD for Genesis 8 Male - https://www.daz3d.com/orc-hd-for-genesis-8-male

How did you get Genesis 8 to work in Carrara?

Misty's wonderful presets :- https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/carrara-compatible-character-preset-for-genesis-8-male/77745

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/carrara-compatible-character-preset-for-genesis-8-female/77504&ca

G8 female has a slight issue with the toes. You also have to convert clothing & hair to blended weight.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Some characters have scaling slaved To the morph slider. Could cause unwanted results

Thank you Bunyip,

It looks very impressive. I have 2 questions:

• How is Carrara responding with a level 3 subdivision?
    • Have you tried to pose it? The test I did were OK, but I didn't have a figure so detailled and I'm curious how the HD morph is reacting?

Another trial - Orc HD for Genesis 8 Male - https://www.daz3d.com/orc-hd-for-genesis-8-male

Hello Philemo

Loading times are quite long at Level 3.

Had only done a render test, will try out poses today - was getting past my bedtime when I checked out the Orc !!

Many thank-yous once again, looking forward to doing renders with this !

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited April 2019

Very exciting.  Thank you, Philemo.  It may be a few days before I post any renders in any threads, but I'm excited about this development.  I went through my product list and I do have some HD morphs.  Would be great to be able to use them in Carrara.  I know I didn't buy them separately, but they must have come in bundles or something similar.

Dart. It seems like you are sayng that Daz Studio HD morphs should work in Carrara but for the subdivision level.  That doesn't sound right to me.  I'm obviously misnderstanding something.   Could you explian your point about Studio HD morphs in a little more detail?

Post edited by Diomede on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

Greetings Philemo_Carrara

Thanks so much for this!!!

These are my results so far for your info.

I have only tried it on G8 - baby Sam HD.

Everything works fine till I add the HD morph - I get little sam hd all in the right place - but alas is bones have stayed behind!!! see pic

When I pose him he explodes :(

I am using Mystys Male preset .

Will have a look for other hd morphs I have -

thanks again for all your hard work on carrara!!

nobones.jpg
    1180 x 970 - 270K

yes scaled and extreme characters seem a problem

the plague Wolf just disapears and he is more extreme than that disrupter alien, I apply the base HD morph to both before adding the target obj but just too different even from that no matter what export resolutions I use

the majority of HD morphs add details like pores and vascularity so should be fine I just tested the crazy ones first.

That deepsea creature for example worked perfectly

edited April 2019

Someone threw a grenade at my Orc....

Tried both Level 3 & Level 2, got the same result when I tried posing him - used the same pose both times.

Will try a few different characters tonight.

Orc HD 3.png
    2986 x 1039 - 1005K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,198

Dart. It seems like you are sayng that Daz Studio HD morphs should work in Carrara but for the subdivision level.  That doesn't sound right to me.  I'm obviously misnderstanding something.   Could you explian your point about Studio HD morphs in a little more detail?

Sure. Carrara 8.5 update makes Genesis compatible with Carrara, somewhat but not entirely with Genesis 2, and not at all with Geografting, Genesis 3 or newer Genesis, but it also has never obtained support for any of Daz Studio's HD technology. So while we may still be able to turn up the HD morph dials of a figure, it isn't a proper representation of the HD morph, even if we increase the SubD level to whatever the HD Morph requires in Studio. Hmmm... That still feels dizzying to say.

When HD tech was coming to Daz Studio, I was curious about it. But as I've always been keen to limit scene resources for faster animated renders, I didn't dig very deeply into it. However, I asked some questions and learned that, even though Carrara isn't capable of using DS HD morphs (due to not being made compatible with Carrara), PAs could still use Carrara as the modeler used to create the HD morphs, if that was the chosen workflow. 

edited April 2019

Boris for G2M with all RAW veins works fine animated with mimic

sub division 2 on both

just the extreme ones an issue the hunks are fine

boris raw veins0027.png
    1920 x 1080 - 454K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I certainly don't want to discourage testing. Please keep trying.

But I have a feeling that this will likely work best with Genesis 2 and Animal, etc., HD morphs

Figures like Genesis 3 and 8 are Quarternion Skinned in DS - something that is not compatible with Carrara. I'm only guessing here, but I have a slight suspiscion that this incompatibility is largely to blame for these blown apart mesh tests.

I could be (and hope to be) wrong, however.

Well so far my success has been with genesis 1&2 so that may well be

will test further of course but since those figures are my most used this is a lovely plugin to have for the details 

Well so far my success has been with genesis 1&2 so that may well be

will test further of course but since those figures are my most used this is a lovely plugin to have for the details 

Agreed. Me too! Excited = Me!!!

edited April 2019

video

Boris G3M with RAWveins rendered grey to show nude

no G3 and 8 have worked either explode animated or disappear and yes do delete the eyelashes on 8 before exporting

all my genesis 2's have worked beautifully

lets face it Carrara does not natively support 3 and 8 so am not surprised, the rigging would explain explosions animating the ones that vanish seem to use scaling

would be interesting to test a mesh conformed to an earlier figure to confirm this, I may try it later

• You're right. All my tests were conducted on G2 figures.

I'll make some more tests using Misty's preset. Maybe there is something different in the way Carrara import it. 

video

Boris G3M with RAWveins rendered grey to show nude

no G3 and 8 have worked either explode animated or disappear and yes do delete the eyelashes on 8 before exporting

all my genesis 2's have worked beautifully

lets face it Carrara does not natively support 3 and 8 so am not surprised, the rigging would explain explosions animating the ones that vanish seem to use scaling

would be interesting to test a mesh conformed to an earlier figure to confirm this, I may try it later

• Scaling is definitely an issue. Both meshes are compared in local coordinates (without scaling). But the obj imported mesh has been scaled when exported from Studio. So I compare an unscaled mesh with a scaled one.

An easy way to check is to set scale to 100% in Studio before exporting.

I will try to take it into account when comparing because it's easier this way.

edited April 2019

its the scaling of limbs baked in the controllers etc thats the problem, Mrs Chow is an example that cannot be used dressed in Carrara for this reason even base resolution

I dare say those babies have the same issues

edited April 2019

All of my tests with Genesis 8 resulted in them being hit with a grenade when posed.

Tested G2M Gargoyle HD and G2M Awesome Creatures Alien05 HD with no problems. https://www.daz3d.com/gargoyle-genesis-2-male-hd

https://www.daz3d.com/awesome-creatures-for-creature-creator-genesis-2-male-s

G2M Gargoyle HD -1.png
    2256 x 2084 - 853K
    G2M AwesomeCreatures Alien05 HD -1.png
    2245 x 3086 - 2M
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

wow great results!!!

I had a go with this today https://www.daz3d.com/monster-skulls-hd

but the plugin coulcn't find th e obj that I exported from studio into carrara

(not complaining just reporting!!!)

G2F creature creator morphs Hag and goblin video

edited April 2019

Misty’s desire the Lindsay dark horse HD addon for Horse 2 works too

may buy DeepSea’s cow later too

• wow great results!!!

I found one reason. The plugin uses uv mapping to find equivalence between vertices in the model OBJ and the base mesh. So, Shading domains must be consistent between the two, including the names. So the plugin checks there is a match between names before adding it to the list.

wow great results!!!

I found one reason. The plugin uses uv mapping to find equivalence between vertices in the model OBJ and the base mesh. So, Shading domains must be consistent between the two, including the names. So the plugin checks there is a match between names before adding it to the list.

Since they are props I kinda don’t see the point, just use the obj

edited April 2019

Had a scaling issue with both Gianni 6 and Lee 6, Gianni 6 ended up larger while Lee 6 was smaller, with the offset skeleton rig posing was bad.

FWArt Derek HD worked no issues

G2M Lee 6 HD scaling issue -1.png
    2253 x 2063 - 1M
    G2M FWArt Derek HD.png
    1919 x 2077 - 981K
  • Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited April 2019

I found the reason (or at least one of them crying ) G8 is not working.

UVing. I found out when I saw everything was exploding excep the face.

Millenium, Genesis and G2 always have UV mapping in a size 1x1 with wrap around if a facet exceed 1.

G8 (and I suppose G3) have UV mapping in the range 7x1 with no wrap around. For instance, all vertices in the torso have UV starting from 1,0 to 2,1.

The plugin uses UV mapping to match the meshes. The way I had coded Wrap around, it was breaking everything.

I make a first correction, and now the body doesn't explode, but the face does angry. I'm afraid it will require a little more work and testing.

G8 UVs.JPG
    1436 x 342 - 37K
    Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on

I found the reason (or at least one of them crying ) G8 is not working.

UVing. I found out when I saw everything was exploding excep the face.

Millenium, Genesis and G2 always have UV mapping in a size 1x1 with wrap around if a facet exceed 1.

G8 (and I suppose G3) have UV mapping in the range 7x1 with no wrap around. For instance, all vertices in the torso have UV starting from 1,0 to 2,1.

The plugin uses UV mapping to match the meshes. The way I had coded Wrap around, it was breaking everything.

I make a first correction, and now the body doesn't explode, but the face does angry. I'm afraid it will require a little more work and testing.

Happy to do more testing for you if needed, hope you get the bugs sorted !!!

edited April 2019

Ah maybe collapsing the UDIM in export options 

I never thought to do that will retest

Capture.JPG
    488 x 554 - 59K
  • I'm afraid not, because the base model still have them and it must be consistent. I have just to correct my code. 

•  

Happy to do more testing for you if needed, hope you get the bugs sorted !!!

Thank you Bunyip.

edited April 2019

I'm afraid not, because the base model still have them and it must be consistent. I have just to correct my code. 

am now testing a collapsed UV on jonathon DS subset  I have one saved in surfaces

you create it by exporting a base mesh and loading it as a UV set in surfaces under the rightclick corner lined box menu (yes DAZ studio User interface enough said)