A fantastic Comic Book Style (from a Daz render ! Post-Processing !)

6r6r Posts: 463

Here is what I could do from a 3D Daz render (below) :

6R

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Did you use Linerender for that or is that all post process? If yes I'd really like to know how, because that is really nice with the thick outlilnes!

• 6r6r Posts: 463

No ! I use another software (for Windows ! Mac version coming soon !) I just discovered... yesterday (and bought because of a low price actually !). It means it's easy to use !

There are an infinity of Styles. And you can modify them or create new ones or mix them. Crazy !!!

(I don't dare to say more here because people will think I'm a commercial with all my threads about this or this. You can contact me private if more infos needed.)

Yes ! Outlines stiil are the problem ! But is seems this software can manage them...

6R

Other quick examples :

6R

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

There are all good but I like the 3rd one best.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145
    edited January 2019

@6r as discussed in messages, I am attaching your orig lineart, then the same with the line art smoothed using photoshop oil paint filter.  I couldn't find a photodonut filter that smoothed the line art that well.  Of course, even with photoshop, it isn't perfect, just a bit less jaggy.  I've also attached two other ones, where after permission from you, I used your original render and used the befunkydotcom filters that seem to come out really good imo.  Apparently befunky has some free and some by subcription only filters.  

Edited to add:  the 5th attachment is your orig render.

orig lineart.jpg
    800 x 800 - 167K
    orig lineart smoothed.jpg
    800 x 800 - 145K
    FantasyGirl 2.JPG
    581 x 687 - 102K
    FantasyGirl.png
    800 x 800 - 240K
    FantasyGirl 3.JPG
    487 x 680 - 47K
    Post edited by Worlds_Edge on

Thansk a lot for your suggestion and your improvment. I like your pictures.

What do you think about this ?

6R

I love it, the lines are nice and smooth!

@Worlds_Edge : simply click on "Opaque" in Sketch parameters to have smooth outlines !

My tests from my 3D Devil Daz render:

6R

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

Very cool stuff. Reminds me of old-world illustrations.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094

So what program are you using for these effects?

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

Photo Donut

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited January 2019

First thing I thought when I saw your posting a couple days ago...    PhotoDonut

I hate that they changed the name of this great software to that idiodic name  -- it already had a great name -- Postworkshop

I have been using it for years, and have some examples in NPR threads here.

Great work, 6r, I have been a fan of your NPR threads for a long time.  Glad to see you find a new tool to add to your toolset that you like, and are using with fantastic results.

* For everyone else:  I encourage to purchase a copy -- see below for details, and why...

A year ago, I would not have given my endorsement for PhotoDonut due to the fact that the original software owner (Xycod) either sold it, or changed the name themselves and opened a new website along with turning my beloved Postworkshop into a subscription only model (you can still see remnants of this with 'Pro' usage on current site), though, they did have a free version with locked styles for anyone wanting to taste the software.  For Postworkshop usage, one would need to purchase the Pro subscription, as well as purchasing the Pro 'Styles'.

Thanks to 6r, for reminding me about PhotoDonut, I decided to check if there was an updated version of the free PhotoDonut I have.

To my surprise, and best part of all for everyone, SmithMicro bought the software, shut down the subscription model, made it PhotoDonut2, and merged back all the 'Pro' functionality, with an incredible low, low price (less than a third of original pricing).

So, if anyone was thinking of getting a great post-work software with an incredible amount of flexibility for creativity, you might want to jump on this one before SM comes to their senses and starts charging well over $100 as the predecessor was.

I'm getting it -- it's too good of a deal right now not to...

6r, keep the images coming -- can't wait to see the next ones in this thread.

* EDIT:  Just noticed that philebus in the NPR thread mentioned the new change as well with a good write-up, and some images.

-- Also, purchased...  Looking forward to my own testing, and see how the Pro functions are compared to previous.

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
    edited January 2019

Yes and thanks for your kind comments and infos.

6R

Post edited by 6r on

6R

Thanks to the Batch Processing once you have found your parameters for your picture you can apply them to all your selected pictures. Great for this kind of animation for example :

6R

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,817
    edited January 2019

Very nice - still could not find this style in PhotoDonut.

Post edited by Artini on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    6r said:

6R

Nice!  Which style did you use for this?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    6r said:

Thanks to the Batch Processing once you have found your parameters for your picture you can apply them to all your selected pictures. Great for this kind of animation for example :

6R

Pretty awesome

Thanks a lot.

I use Fine Etching.

Here I'm working on another style from the 3D render below :

6R

PhotoDonut allows us to direclty compare the result :

6R

It works great on this too :

6R

Love the animated one - really neat!

Another interesting style from the 3D Daz render below :

6R

With this style I can add more or less outlines ! 

6R

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    6r said:

With this style I can add more or less outlines ! 

6R

amazing stuff 6r !!! watercolour feel is terrific! Care to enlighten me on how you did it? If so that would be very kind. Love all these renders you are producing.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,817

Excellent images, 6R. I would also like to know, how you did them, as well.

Thanks a lot.

I use Liquid painting.

6R

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Thanks 6r that's very kind of you to share. Water well looks wonderful too. Very effective.

You're welcome.

Every time I play with this software I enjoy the result on my Daz renders ! Here is the comparison of both renders allowed by PhotoDonut.

I'm trying to understand the "spirit" of this software to find interesting effects...

6R

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Wow!  That looks really awesome.  I hope they release the Mac version soon.