any experience with polygonal miniatures boots

The last two boots from Polygonal Miniatures .. like this.  Are there any adjustements? How well do they work?  

Comments

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Well, one is supposed to work with Genesis 8 female and the other (which looks to have great worn textures) is just obj format (all maps to be adjusted by user for their renderer). The gloves that were designed to fit Genesis 8 certainly did so. I'm thinking about the boots.

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487
    edited January 2019

I bit and went for the black leather boots. They're very simple - no adjustments other than a simple "fit".  They fit  the base G6F figure well.  The're just a simple object .. you can't change the zipper or buckle shaders.  The texture looks terrific. 

Post edited by escrandall on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 958

I bit and went for the black leather boots. They're very simple - no adjustments other than a simple "fit".  They fit  the base G6F figure well.  The're just a simple object .. you can't change the zipper or buckle shaders.  The texture looks terrific. 

I pulled the trigger too (https://www.daz3d.com/obj--black-boots) and although the base textures look fantastic, it would have been cool if they provided different texture buckle/zippers, option to hide the buckles and morphs for adjusting the fit. It's pretty bare bones... er... boots :)

• My focus at the moment is more on photorealism than in interactivity. Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep this in mind for future products...