maelwenn's Back!!!

xyer0xyer0 Posts: 2,525
edited January 10 in The Commons

Last generation, maelwenn released Lydia HD 3 days! before Victoria 8 came out. And now, having sold almost her entire store to Daz Originals, she releases Evelyn and Lynn HD under her own label with possibly 5 months before the next generation's expected arrival.

I conjectured that she is one of the nameless artists creating Daz Core characters. But if that is so, then why are her own characters superior (in morph and skin realism/detail) to the majority of Daz Core females (and arguably equal to the rest)? 

That topic may be verboten on this forum; thus, I will leave it there, and instead give a hearty round of applause, slobbering fanboy/girl thanks, big ups, and 50% of $14.67 to Maelwenn, Maelwenn, Maelwenn, Maelwenn! Evelyn and Lynn (which at first glance of the thumbnail I mistook for a Mousso girl---could be the hair) also include facial micro hairs so I don't have to use ThePhilosopher's Peach Fuzz! on every CU.

Post edited by xyer0 on

Comments

  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 4,222

    I noticed the new girl immediately. Darn it! I don't NEED another female! LOL....

    Oh, who am I kidding?...

    Laurie

  • Glad to see them back! Related: has anyone had any luck solving the eye issue when transferring their 'Angel for V4' character with GenX?

  • maelwennmaelwenn Posts: 25

    Thank you for your kind words! It means so much to me that you like my characters :)

    I would love to see what you can do with her. 

    Isabelle

  • FlortaleFlortale Posts: 318
    edited January 10
    maelwenn said:

    Thank you for your kind words! It means so much to me that you like my characters :)

    I would love to see what you can do with her. 

    Isabelle

    I was wondering, can you make a more attractive version of Evelyn & Lynn?  They are not as attractive as Lydia.  Evelyn & Lynn's face are too pudgy and not as aerodynamic as Lydia.

    Lydia's face geometry is like a jet where Eveylyn & Lynn's face geometry are more like a Jumbo Jet.

    You nailed the skin shader & materials though. Evelyn & Lynn have some of the best skin shaders & mats I've ever seen. 

    Please consider making more characters that are extremely beautiful, 10's, not just above average 7 & 8's.

    BTW you are the best character creator for DAZ characters.


     

    Post edited by Flortale on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 4,222
    edited January 10
    liplin901 said:
    maelwenn said:

    Thank you for your kind words! It means so much to me that you like my characters :)

    I would love to see what you can do with her. 

    Isabelle

    I was wondering, can you make a more attractive version of Evelyn & Lynn?  They are not as attractive as Lydia.  Evelyn & Lynn's face are too pudgy and not as aerodynamic as Lydia.

    Lydia's face geometry is like a jet where Eveylyn & Lynn's face geometry are more like a Jumbo Jet.

    You nailed the skin shader & materials though. Evelyn & Lynn have some of the best skin shaders & mats I've ever seen. 

    Please consider making more characters that are extremely beautiful, 10's, not just above average 7 & 8's.

    BTW you are the best character creator for DAZ characters.


     

    o_O

    Why not just use Lydia then? There's a thread in the commons right now about how to get your G3 characters over to G8. Or just use G3.

    Laurie

    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • FlortaleFlortale Posts: 318
    edited January 11
    AllenArt said:
    liplin901 said:
    maelwenn said:

    Thank you for your kind words! It means so much to me that you like my characters :)

    I would love to see what you can do with her. 

    Isabelle

    I was wondering, can you make a more attractive version of Evelyn & Lynn?  They are not as attractive as Lydia.  Evelyn & Lynn's face are too pudgy and not as aerodynamic as Lydia.

    Lydia's face geometry is like a jet where Eveylyn & Lynn's face geometry are more like a Jumbo Jet.

    You nailed the skin shader & materials though. Evelyn & Lynn have some of the best skin shaders & mats I've ever seen. 

    Please consider making more characters that are extremely beautiful, 10's, not just above average 7 & 8's.

    BTW you are the best character creator for DAZ characters.


     

    o_O

    Why not just use Lydia then? There's a thread in the commons right now about how to get your G3 characters over to G8. Or just use G3.

    Laurie

    Lydia is Genesis 3. I'd lose out on all the benefits of Genesis 8.

    If there was a way to transfer Lydia's face to Genesis 8, thad' be perfect.

    Post edited by Flortale on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,339
    edited January 11

    Lydia is an excellent model! Evelyn and Lynn have been wishlisted. Great work maelwenn!

    Lydia.jpg
    685 x 887 - 299K
    Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • magog_a4eb71abmagog_a4eb71ab Posts: 189
    edited January 11
    maelwenn said:

    Thank you for your kind words! It means so much to me that you like my characters :)

    I would love to see what you can do with her. 

    Isabelle

    The Lydia character for Victoria 7 looks really nice! I haven't tried rendering or gone through all of the possible character options/combinations yet, but one small thing I noticed for one of the Lydias when experimenting with some of the options:

    Actor Loaded: Lydia 01(non HD)

    Materials --> Iray --> Feminine --> Lydia HD for Victoria 7 --> Eyelashes: Lydia Lashes 02  -When using this option, the upper right eye lash and the lower left eye lash appear to be out of position on the Z-axis going in the + direction from the eyelids. Lydia Lashes 01 -After applying, appears slightly out of position only on the lower left eye lash, Z-axis + direction from lower eyelid. Lydia Lashes 03 appear to work fine. smiley

    LydiaV7RLashes02.png
    564 x 590 - 453K
    LydiaV7LLashes02.png
    435 x 509 - 201K
    LydiaV7LLashes01.png
    774 x 591 - 345K
    Post edited by magog_a4eb71ab on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 4,222
    liplin901 said:
    AllenArt said:
    liplin901 said:
    maelwenn said:

    Thank you for your kind words! It means so much to me that you like my characters :)

    I would love to see what you can do with her. 

    Isabelle

    I was wondering, can you make a more attractive version of Evelyn & Lynn?  They are not as attractive as Lydia.  Evelyn & Lynn's face are too pudgy and not as aerodynamic as Lydia.

    Lydia's face geometry is like a jet where Eveylyn & Lynn's face geometry are more like a Jumbo Jet.

    You nailed the skin shader & materials though. Evelyn & Lynn have some of the best skin shaders & mats I've ever seen. 

    Please consider making more characters that are extremely beautiful, 10's, not just above average 7 & 8's.

    BTW you are the best character creator for DAZ characters.


     

    o_O

    Why not just use Lydia then? There's a thread in the commons right now about how to get your G3 characters over to G8. Or just use G3.

    Laurie

    Lydia is Genesis 3. I'd lose out on all the benefits of Genesis 8.

    If there was a way to transfer Lydia's face to Genesis 8, thad' be perfect.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/176271/morphs-from-g3-to-g8/p1

  • maelwennmaelwenn Posts: 25

    Thank you all!

    About Lydia's eyelashes, I will take a look at that magog.

    Isabelle

  • escrandallescrandall Posts: 408

    Here's a quick render of Lynn with no modifications.  no issues with her face here:-)

    lynn-01.png
    1505 x 1266 - 3M
  • ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 789

    I seem to have an issue applying materials to Evelyn HD.  I apply the lip colors and or make-up and nothing happens.  What's up with that?  Anyone else have any issue?

  • MurrMurr Posts: 3
    ThatGuy said:

    I seem to have an issue applying materials to Evelyn HD.  I apply the lip colors and or make-up and nothing happens.  What's up with that?  Anyone else have any issue?

    They appear in the Iray render. Just not in the Texture shaded preview.

  • DivamakeupDivamakeup Posts: 8,720
    edited January 12

    I think she's quite lovely! 

    Here's a render I did of Evelyn. I added Chevybabe's Backlight hair shader to her Face Hair and added a Push Modifier (set to .12) to the face hair as well so that it stands out a bit more. 

    I really like her! I think Evelyn looks a little bit older than Lynn. It's very cool that we get two character morphs in one product. They're both beautiful characters, imo.  I LOVE that they come with facial hair/peach fuzz! Thank you for creating such great characters, Maelwenn! yes

    G8F - Evelyn 1.png
    800 x 1040 - 1M
    Post edited by Divamakeup on
  • DivamakeupDivamakeup Posts: 8,720
    edited January 12

    Lynn is gorgeous!

    I applied Altern8 on her this time, just to check out the skin with different settings. :)

    G8F - Lynn 1.png
    800 x 1040 - 712K
    Post edited by Divamakeup on
  • maelwennmaelwenn Posts: 25

    Lovely renders! I'm happy to see that you have fun and that you like both :)

    Isabelle

  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,166
    edited January 12

    YAAAAAAY! Maelwenn *does happy little dance* I missed you heart (And I snatched the character right up and am rendering her now actually LOL) You have always been one of my absolute favorite character creators and still are so I am really happy to see you create a Genesis 8 character smiley

    Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 789
    Before Evelyn came out I was actually thinking of maelwenn and how much I like Lydia for v7 and was wondering when she was going to come out with a character for G8 and lo and behold,next day comes out Evelyn! I had no doubt who it was from and snatched her up right away. Now I just got to hit render to see my her makeup applications. It is very weird to not see how the make up you applied looks on her before rendering.
  • RestifRestif Posts: 45

    One of my favorite creators! Vanessa for v4 and also transferred to G2 has been essential for my main character Adrea. Lydia is Great. Love to ee the Vanessa texture for G3F, it is that good.

  • DivamakeupDivamakeup Posts: 8,720
    edited January 12
    ThatGuy said:
    Before Evelyn came out I was actually thinking of maelwenn and how much I like Lydia for v7 and was wondering when she was going to come out with a character for G8 and lo and behold,next day comes out Evelyn! I had no doubt who it was from and snatched her up right away. Now I just got to hit render to see my her makeup applications. It is very weird to not see how the make up you applied looks on her before rendering.

    You can see it before rendering, you just have to use the Iray Preview. :)

    Many G8F characters use Diffuse Overlay makeup, which is viewable with the Iray Preview. It loads faster than LIE makeup, and is easier to adjust the strength and color of, imo. :)

    Capture Iray Preview 4.JPG
    783 x 811 - 99K
    Post edited by Divamakeup on
  • ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 789

    oh yes, I forgot about the iray preview window.  Thanks @divamakeup for reminding me!

  • Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 62
    edited January 12

    Here's my first render with her. I dialed her face morph to 80% and changed the eye texture a bit. She is indeed a great character! One question: Where can I find the face hair?

    LynnHD.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 245K
    Post edited by Hemi426 on
  • maelwennmaelwenn Posts: 25

    YAAAAAAY! Maelwenn *does happy little dance* I missed you heart (And I snatched the character right up and am rendering her now actually LOL) You have always been one of my absolute favorite character creators and still are so I am really happy to see you create a Genesis 8 character smiley

    That's so sweet of you heart I'm happy to be back and hope to be able to create more this year smiley

     

  • maelwennmaelwenn Posts: 25

    Hemi, you can find the face hair in Anatomy / Evelyn folder where the fibermesh eyelashes and eyebrows are smiley

     

  • What a stunning beautiful character! 

    I used Lydia / Genesis3 as part of one of my main characters.

    The Evelyn character is just jaw-dropping stunning

  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,380
    edited January 13
    liplin901 said:
    AllenArt said:
    liplin901 said:
    maelwenn said:

    Thank you for your kind words! It means so much to me that you like my characters :)

    I would love to see what you can do with her. 

    Isabelle

    I was wondering, can you make a more attractive version of Evelyn & Lynn?  They are not as attractive as Lydia.  Evelyn & Lynn's face are too pudgy and not as aerodynamic as Lydia.

    Lydia's face geometry is like a jet where Eveylyn & Lynn's face geometry are more like a Jumbo Jet.

    You nailed the skin shader & materials though. Evelyn & Lynn have some of the best skin shaders & mats I've ever seen. 

    Please consider making more characters that are extremely beautiful, 10's, not just above average 7 & 8's.

    BTW you are the best character creator for DAZ characters.


     

    o_O

    Why not just use Lydia then? There's a thread in the commons right now about how to get your G3 characters over to G8. Or just use G3.

    Laurie

    Lydia is Genesis 3. I'd lose out on all the benefits of Genesis 8.

    If there was a way to transfer Lydia's face to Genesis 8, thad' be perfect.

    Here, try this: https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3G8-409437916

    If all you want is the face, you can ignore the part about adjusting bones.

     

    Post edited by Odaa on
  • Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 62
    edited January 13
    maelwenn said:

    Hemi, you can find the face hair in Anatomy / Evelyn folder where the fibermesh eyelashes and eyebrows are smiley

     

    Thank you, I found it. Forgot to hit refresh after manual installation.

    LynnBeach.png
    900 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Hemi426 on
Sign In or Register to comment.