GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Has anybody seen any good collections of very detailed lattice woodwork? (Poser/DS or easily importable, commercial renders allowed). 

Ideally basic pieces like panels or edges rather than entire pieces of furniture or art, so they could be used as add-ons to modify other objects.  I'm thinking woodwork, but of course with a change to materials stone or metal or plaster would work too.  Attached examples show a middle eastern or north african theme, but other styles would be of value too.  (celtic, chinese, etc.)

Or of course better search term suggestions in case I'm just looking for the wrong things.

screenshot, woodwork.png
    1204 x 817 - 1M
  • Anyone got a Blancmange for Daz?  :D

• Do you want a classic 'upside-down pot' shape or something a bit edgy, like rabbit mould shape blancmange? How about basic colour, pink/white/something daring?

• I'm after an old type vacuum cleaner, like this one.

• That's not old, it has a plastic casing. Our original upright vacuum had a cloth bag hanging on the back (and made a glorious mess if the clip holding it shut came off).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

That's not old, it has a plastic casing. Our original upright vacuum had a cloth bag hanging on the back (and made a glorious mess if the clip holding it shut came off).

one of these 

• I remember those! One of them would be very useful too lol.

• Sweetleaf said:

Do you want a classic 'upside-down pot' shape or something a bit edgy, like rabbit mould shape blancmange? How about basic colour, pink/white/something daring?

The kind seen in Monty Python's Flying Circus "Science Fiction Sketch".  Or something as close to that.

• ( This page is a mess and needs different categories adding to tidy it up because otherwise you're searching through a whole load of post irelevent to anything you're looking for or want to say).

Anyway, I've finished ranting...... Want I'm after is a Football Pitch (field with a football/soccer pitch marked out on it). I've had several attempts at making one myself, some were OK, some were total crap but none of them where quite right. Is anyone out there able to make me a Football/Soccer Field please? I don't mind paying for a really good one but I just can't find one anywhere.

Thank you.... Jon T.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

( This page is a mess and needs different categories adding to tidy it up because otherwise you're searching through a whole load of post irelevent to anything you're looking for or want to say).

Anyway, I've finished ranting...... Want I'm after is a Football Pitch (field with a football/soccer pitch marked out on it). I've had several attempts at making one myself, some were OK, some were total crap but none of them where quite right. Is anyone out there able to make me a Football/Soccer Field please? I don't mind paying for a really good one but I just can't find one anywhere.

Thank you.... Jon T.

What abut putting the image on a flat plane?

images.png
    141 x 90 - 1K
  • jontaylor99jontaylor99 Posts: 213
    edited August 2015

( This page is a mess and needs different categories adding to tidy it up because otherwise you're searching through a whole load of post irelevent to anything you're looking for or want to say).

I've tried something like that several times SD but so far it's not worked out anything like I was hoping for, getting the surface texture right to use in scenes is a nightmare.

( Not only that, but how the hell can you make circles and semi-circles ? i didn't even know that was possible ).

Post edited by jontaylor99 on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2015

I've tried something like that several times SD but so far it's not worked out anything like I was hoping for, getting the surface texture right to use in scenes is a nightmare.

( Not only that, but how the hell can you make circles and semi-circles ? i didn't even know that was possible ).

In Blender:

make circle, cut in half. extrude with scale and pull extrusion forward.

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 4.12.47 PM.png
    394 x 395 - 10K
    Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 4.12.59 PM.png
    392 x 400 - 9K
    Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 4.13.14 PM.png
    392 x 395 - 12K
    Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 4.13.24 PM.png
    397 x 399 - 12K
    Post edited by StratDragon on
  • ( This page is a mess and needs different categories adding to tidy it up because otherwise you're searching through a whole load of post irelevent to anything you're looking for or want to say).

In Blender:

make circle, cut in half. extrude with scale and pull extrusion forward.

Ahh, I see....

Problem is I don't have or use Blender.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Is your image circular?  You can create a primitive disk instead of plane, or else use a transparency map to make the parts of the plane that you don't want shown transparent.

• Is your image circular?  You can create a primitive disk instead of plane, or else use a transparency map to make the parts of the plane that you don't want shown transparent.

That doesn't seem to work in making a football field. I've found a couple of transparency map 'football fields' that other people have made on other websites but when you apply them to any ground plane they kind of float on top of it rather than being part of it. That is OK some of the time but when moving camera angles around you end up having the field markings above the height of the ball, goal posts and players feet, which looks a bit silly. If you drop the map down any lower you lose it in the render because it's dropped below the height of the grass.

• jewelljewell Posts: 12
    edited August 2015

Is your image circular?  You can create a primitive disk instead of plane, or else use a transparency map to make the parts of the plane that you don't want shown transparent.

That doesn't seem to work in making a football field. I've found a couple of transparency map 'football fields' that other people have made on other websites but when you apply them to any ground plane they kind of float on top of it rather than being part of it. That is OK some of the time but when moving camera angles around you end up having the field markings above the height of the ball, goal posts and players feet, which looks a bit silly. If you drop the map down any lower you lose it in the render because it's dropped below the height of the grass.

Why don't you treat it like a REAL football field? They basically paint the lines on the grass. I'm not sure how it would work in Studio, but in Poser, you would use a math node to a transparent PNG of the lines 'over' the grass map. Attached are how I did it. Took about 5 minutes, including render time. I used the tiny little image from above, FYI. If you thickened the lines a bit, it would probably show up even better.

Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 5.57.45 PM.png
    1359 x 795 - 723K
    Footballfield.jpg
    456 x 459 - 14K
    Post edited by jewell on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Something that nobody has asked yet...is this field for stills or animation?  How is the grass made?

• jewell said:

Why don't you treat it like a REAL football field? They basically paint the lines on the grass. I'm not sure how it would work in Studio, but in Poser, you would use a math node to a transparent PNG of the lines 'over' the grass map. Attached are how I did it. Took about 5 minutes, including render time. I used the tiny little image from above, FYI. If you thickened the lines a bit, it would probably show up even better.

Maybe you can do that in DAZ, if you can I haven't got a clue how and I don't know how I'd add the grass to the surface either.

( mjc - The one I need is for stills only ).

• Have you thought about using the Layered Image Editor?

No, I don't even know what it does or how it works yet TG, I'm still new to this and trying to find my way around a bit.

• no luck with blancmange, yes? o.o

No, I don't even know what it does or how it works yet TG, I'm still new to this and trying to find my way around a bit.

There are a number of tutorials on it, many deal with applying tattoos to skin textures, but the same principle applies here. This is one of the tutorials. Here is aVideo tutorial demonstrating how to use it as well, for tatoos.  And here is another Youtube tutorial for the LIE and here's a whole thread on the the LIE on the forums here. Any of these should be of some help to you. 

Another option is, under the Surfaces tab, to simply use the field image StratDragon provided in the Diffuse setting of your ground plane and add a grass displacement map in the Displacement setting.

• jewelljewell Posts: 12

Why don't you treat it like a REAL football field? They basically paint the lines on the grass. I'm not sure how it would work in Studio, but in Poser, you would use a math node to a transparent PNG of the lines 'over' the grass map.

Have you thought about using the Layered Image Editor?

There are a number of tutorials on it, many deal with applying tattoos to skin textures, but the same principle applies here. This is one of the tutorials. Here is aVideo tutorial demonstrating how to use it as well, for tatoos.  And here is another Youtube tutorial for the LIE and here's a whole thread on the the LIE on the forums here. Any of these should be of some help to you. 

Another option is, under the Surfaces tab, to simply use the field image StratDragon provided in the Diffuse setting of your ground plane and add a grass displacement map in the Displacement setting.

Which is pretty much what I did in Poser; just used the math function to get a more realistic grass color. His image is a bit day-glo green. ;p

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

any eye patches out there ?

preferably the right eye

• XaatXuun said:

preferably the right eye

What style do you need?  Captain Kidd?  I don't think there's a Whovian Eye-Drive out there yet, but...  For what figure?

This set comes with one: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=13499

And there are two in OBJ form for Genesis 1 here: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=trevmusic&division_id=0&s=dd&pn=1

And two sets of fancy eyewear here for M3/V3 and M4/V4: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=vacasoft&division_id=0&s=dd&pn=2

And JanCory has a nice collection for the Generation3 men here, both Left and Right eye patches:  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=34082

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    XaatXuun said:

preferably the right eye

What style do you need?  Captain Kidd?  I don't think there's a Whovian Eye-Drive out there yet, but...  For what figure?

This set comes with one: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=13499

And there are two in OBJ form for Genesis 1 here: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=trevmusic&division_id=0&s=dd&pn=1

And two sets of fancy eyewear here for M3/V3 and M4/V4: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=vacasoft&division_id=0&s=dd&pn=2

And JanCory has a nice collection for the Generation3 men here, both Left and Right eye patches:  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=34082

Awesome, thanks a bunch,

I can use any of those you linked, but to answer your questions,

I would adapted to any style, but a rag covering the eye, as long as it was a EYE Patch, of any timeline, then I would attempt to build the scene the style would fit in.

As for figure - Genesis 1 . Depending  how the modeler built it, I do okay making anything fit (just some take a lot of Patients to work with wink)

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437
    edited August 2015

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had converted Lilith 6 morphs (body/head/full figure/HD) to Genesis 3 female that they'd be willing to share. Please? 

I've been trying to transfer the morphs myself, but I'm going wrong somewhere and it's not working. I can't find any tutorials for transferring morphs from Gen2F to Gen3F. Plus, I have a bit of a problem with concentration at the moment, so I'm not really taking anything in. :(

Thanks

Post edited by N-RArts on
  • Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had converted Lilith 6 morphs (body/head/full figure/HD) to Genesis 3 female that they'd be willing to share. Please? 

I've been trying to transfer the morphs myself, but I'm going wrong somewhere and it's not working. I can't find any tutorials for transferring morphs from Gen2F to Gen3F. Plus, I have a bit of a problem with concentration at the moment, so I'm not really taking anything in. :(

Thanks

Sharing would not be permitted, I'm afraid - only DAZ may distribute the morphs, in original or modified form.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437

Ah, okay. Thanks for explaining. 

Looks like I won't be using G3F for a bit longer then.

•  DHi,

Thanks

No can do. However, Dimension3D did say (s)he was planning on a new addon for Generation X2 that could convert morphs back and forth between Genesis 3 and previeous Genesis figures, but is waiting for the male base to come out first. So if you're willing to wait, you will be able to make your conversions in due time. 

This discussion has been closed.