GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• AngelusPrimeAngelusPrime Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

So this item just turned up in the store > http://www.daz3d.com/eldritch-seeker and the harness it has is damn near perfect for the Captain America one, it would just need a hell of a lot of transmapping. Anyone seen a freebie one similar to this? I already have a belt I can use, still need the harness though.

• CyrinadiaCyrinadia Posts: 143
    edited December 1969

I was wondering where I could get some slotted sunglasses? The really tacky kind that you could see in 80's sci-fi punk B-Grade movies.

1-14045_1.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 129K
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Has anyone seen any Iray shaders materials for Generation 4? Can anyone please make them?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited July 2015

ROTU said:
    I was wondering where I could get some slotted sunglasses? The really tacky kind that you could see in 80's sci-fi punk B-Grade movies.

Something like this?

I won't be able to get them up until later tonight or tomorrow...

Status update: I should be able to get them posted later tonight. They will be coming in at the height/location for G2M, but not parented or anything. They are articulated, in DUF format (all I have installed right now is DS 4.8) and will have a couple of colored materials. They are a single mat zone, but that can be changed, if wanted. I'll include the raw geometry file (obj)

This is now up...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/81390/view/21/DAZ-Studio/80s-Shades

shadespromo.png
    640 x 800 - 647K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

ISO a script that will let me "parent" a prop to a selected node.
    Casuals "Come Here" script is close (and a great script) but it drops it in front of the camera (and the slider is drag, you can't input manually), I need it to plant it on or closer to a node.
    Does anything like that exist?

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited July 2015

Casuals "Come Here" script is close (and a great script) but it drops it in front of the camera (and the slider is drag, you can't input manually), I need it to plant it on or closer to a node.

Would 3DCheapskate's "Generic Smart+ and PropGoto+" be what you're looking for?
    Daz Studio: http://www.sharecg.com/v/80316/
    Poser: http://www.sharecg.com/v/80300/

Post edited by robkelk on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

???
    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjparent
    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcj

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,039
    edited December 1969

What about the Snap Parent script in \Scripts\Utilities? Its only draw back is that the parent has to be a bone.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,949
    edited July 2015

Any video recorder props around?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    edited December 1969

@ everyone. Thanks! I did not see these, I blame society and the fact I wont get a perciption for glasses.

could do one. post an image.

did you ever respond about the jewelry case?

JewelryCounter.Scene__.00003__.png
    600 x 338 - 159K
    JewelryCounter.Scene__.00003__.png
    600 x 338 - 159K
    edited December 1969

could do one. post an image.

did you ever respond about the jewelry case?

I didn't get any notifications for the jewelry case response :ohh: That looks great! Did you create it?

As for the video recorder, as long as it looks like a VCR, like this. What would be really great is a mat stating RECORDING in the display, so that I can convert it into a light.

StratDragon: I found your post. Yes, I can use your display case smiley Thank you!

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971

I used to have a pizza restaurant in my previous runtime (computer then died). I think it was fully furnished and everything, but I can't remember who made it or where I found it. I've tried looking on ShareCG and Renderosity, but no luck so far. Any ideas?

edited July 2015

Blender, OBJ and Blender for Luxrender with lights included.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/81469/view/5/3D-Model/Jewelry-Case

Post edited by StratDragon on

Blender, OBJ and Blender for Luxrender with lights included.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/81469/view/5/3D-Model/Jewelry-Case

Thank you!

• mjordy59mjordy59 Posts: 66

I don't seem to get lucky finding the following freebie for Daz Studio or Poser:

Either a M4 or Genesis airline captain or pilot uniform(with shoulder patches) either short or long sleeve.

• launoklaunok Posts: 791
    edited July 2015
    SteveM17 said:

I used to have a pizza restaurant in my previous runtime (computer then died). I think it was fully furnished and everything, but I can't remember who made it or where I found it. I've tried looking on ShareCG and Renderosity, but no luck so far. Any ideas?

Could it be that you got it from the Google Sketchup Warehouse since there are quite a lot of great restaurants, including pizza style?  Sketchup models can be converted to .obj and used in Bryce, Blender, etc.  If you have Sketchup try models by Cordelle (all fully furnished) but there are many other free ones too.  I also got a few restaurant models at a CAD site (freebie section) but can't remember the name at this moment. :(   Just remembered: grabcad (also have sketchup models).

If I am not mistaken at Renderosity TrueForm has also a restaurant, but that is a paid item.

Post edited by launok on
    edited July 2015
    SteveM17 said:

Could it be that you got it from the Google Sketchup Warehouse since there are quite a lot of great restaurants, including pizza style.  Sketchup models can be converted to .obj and used in Bryce, Blender, etc.  If you have Sketchup try models by Cordelle but there are many other free ones too.

Post edited by launok on
    edited July 2015

Gosh, what is going on? I am only doing editing on the same document but yet both appears as separate new posts! I have to get used to the new forum outlay. :(

The 1st post with more details are the correct, edited post.

Post edited by launok on
  • CyrinadiaCyrinadia Posts: 143
    edited July 2015
    mjc1016 said:

Something like this?

I won't be able to get them up until later tonight or tomorrow...

Status update: I should be able to get them posted later tonight. They will be coming in at the height/location for G2M, but not parented or anything. They are articulated, in DUF format (all I have installed right now is DS 4.8) and will have a couple of colored materials. They are a single mat zone, but that can be changed, if wanted. I'll include the raw geometry file (obj)

This is now up...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/81390/view/21/DAZ-Studio/80s-Shades

Perfect, Thank you! My Shadowrun character is complete!

Post edited by Cyrinadia on
    launok said:
    SteveM17 said:

Could it be that you got it from the Google Sketchup Warehouse since there are quite a lot of great restaurants, including pizza style.  Sketchup models can be converted to .obj and used in Bryce, Blender, etc.  If you have Sketchup try models by Cordelle but there are many other free ones too.

It wasn't a Sketchup item - in fact I'd forgotten all about  Sketchup, so might have a look into it.

It wasn't that one, but it will come in handy, thanks. 

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604

note that on June 25 2015 i updated mcjComeHere, it now allows manual editing of the distance from the camera that the object gets placed at ( oh my the syntax gods must be furious at me now )

and as i think someone mentioned, you can use mcjParent to move-to  and/or parent one node to another 

Oh no !!!! the new forum software doesnt have auto-correct what am i gonna do 

what am i gonna do ... use Youtube's comment box ... and discover that "gonna" is a legal word

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    SteveM17 said:

I have one that was given as a freebie at Dreamslayerartworks for Mothers Day in 2013, it is now a for sale item (Search google for docmikeb pizza - shiftersrevolution is the site where he sells it for 12$)

Another one I have is a freebie from http://www.3dgurukul.com/ - but I can't find it just now.

My third is from Strikeforce3 - where I can't even find the site anymore.

Sorry - that is not much help - but if you have backups of your files you might find your files with a search for these words?

edited July 2015

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited July 2015

dang it now i lost my excuse for leaving typos in my posts :)

professorAmy.jpg
    960 x 960 - 280K
    Post edited by mCasual on

Do anyone perhaps know of any freebie PROTEA plant models?  I have seen lovely ones at Turbosquid and CGTrader, etc. but I am not in any position to buy models.  I got this afternoon a request from a friend who is a teacher at a primary school, Protea Primary School, to help him with a project for the school.  He wants me to make a schematic outlay and also needs protea plants to be used therein.  

Any help to links is much appreciated.

Laura

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577
    edited July 2015

I'm looking for Minions a la Dispicable Me rigged for DAZ or Poser. I like these, but they are for Cinema4D which I don't have.

Thanks!

Post edited by Esemwy on
  • madmaxneo1madmaxneo1 Posts: 148

Esemwy said:

I'm looking for Minions a la Dispicable Me rigged for DAZ or Poser. I like these, but they are for Cinema4D which I don't have.

Thanks!

I second that request! I can also use a set of minions models....

This discussion has been closed.