Daz Install Manager not working

It's been working as always but today, after I downloaded and installed purchased content, the product is still greyed out even after I close and reopen DAZ. Just what is going on here???

Comments

• Did you close DS and open DIM? it's possible to end up with the database engine not running, which would prevcent DIM from adding the new items. Try starting DIM with DS open, reinstall the product(s), and then right-click and Refresh the lists in DS - is the product then showing as installed?

• RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 236

Did you close DS and open DIM? it's possible to end up with the database engine not running, which would prevcent DIM from adding the new items. Try starting DIM with DS open, reinstall the product(s), and then right-click and Refresh the lists in DS - is the product then showing as installed?

Thanks I'll try your suggestion soon. Can I ask if the proper way is to open DS while installing through DIM like you implied? Sometimes I close DS and install first and then open it. I do this because when content is installed while DS is open, refreshing the content list doesn't always work.

• Refrshing should work, but if you do want to close one to use the other you can either close after you open or just make sure that the first application and PostgreSQL really have closed (not listed in your processes in Task Manager/Process Explorer) before starting the second.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I would recommend having Studio completely terminated before trying to install with DIM. As Richard has said, if you have had Studio open, give it a few minutes before opening DIM. Personally, I perform DIM installs before I ever open Studio for the day.