How To Remove Poke Through - Video Tutorial [Commercial]

V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hello everybody,
I'm here to announce the release of my video tutorials concerning "How To Remove Poke Through", for poser, DAZ 3, and DAZ 4 users.
They can be found here :
http://www.daz3d.com/how-to-remove-poke-through
And the full readme can be found here :
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/17200/start

Today on the 2nd of October there is a special event for the PC members for the PC anniversary :
http://www.daz3d.com/pc-anniversary-sale-week-1/how-to-remove-poke-through

Now, why this tutorial?
I really saw often on the forums people complaining about poke through problems. While I was developing my “M4 Ultimate Military basic”, I spent several months - several hours a day, OK, don’t laugh it was my first outfit! -fighting against poke in order to program a “non poking” outfit. That’s why I experimented really a lot of things concerning this problem. Now what I saw on the forums is that there were only partial solutions, and that sometimes the explications were not totally clear, and this is due to the fact that it is not easy to explain things by writing them, whether it is much more easy to “show” all the steps.

That is why I decided to declare war to poke through and to create a complete video tutorial concerning “how to remove poke through”.
There many of solution to eradicate the “poke through enemy” from the surface of the DAZ and Poser planet. Whatever the software you use, whatever the poke through you have, you should find a solution for your problem.
There are actually 4 tutorials included, as1280x720 mp4 video files : one for Poser users (with solutions for poser “2” up to poser pro 2014), one for DAZ 3 users, one for DAZ 4 and above users.
In DAZ and Poser tutorials I explain and demonstrate on a concrete example : 7 different tools to remove poke through for DAZ4 (1 h 36min), 7 tools for Poser (1 h 21 min), and 5 tools for DAZ3 (57 min). For DAZ 4 the solutions work both for old generation outfits (.cr2) and for the new “.duf” ones for genesis and above - I also show how to save these "repaired outfits".
I added one tutorial (1h25 min) concerning everybody since it explains how to remove small poke through and large poke through from a render using postwork in a 2D Sofware. I made all the tutorials so that you can watch, if you want to gain time, only the tutorial related to your software version, even if I personally think it is interesting for DAZ users to see poser tools and poser users to see DAZ tools.

I hope that with a all these tools, you will be able to make your characters smile again ;)

Now if you have any feedback, comments, and anything to share or ask about this, please do so, I'm here to answer.

mainSMALL.jpg
500 x 650 - 254K

Comments

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

And a great job you did, Kadix! I just finished watching the tutorial for Daz Studio 4, and I love it! So much wonderful and useful information. I've never really felt comfortable with D-Formers, but your tutorial makes it all look so simple. And the parts dealing with Transferring Active Morphs and Saving Morphs were equally great! I just dabble with D|S every now and then and never deeply enough so that I feel comfortable with it. You've really helped me along the way. Plus it's fun to listen to your French (??) accent!

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2013

Mari-Anne said:
    And a great job you did, Kadix! I just finished watching the tutorial for Daz Studio 4, and I love it! So much wonderful and useful information. I've never really felt comfortable with D-Formers, but your tutorial makes it all look so simple. And the parts dealing with Transferring Active Morphs and Saving Morphs were equally great! I just dabble with D|S every now and then and never deeply enough so that I feel comfortable with it. You've really helped me along the way. Plus it's fun to listen to your French (??) accent!

I thank you a lot Mari-Anne for your feedback, and for taking the time to write it to me!
    I'm really, really happy you find the tutorial clear and useful, that was my goal. I also wanted people to have a few more tips such as "store and restore pose" and "how to save the outfits including the new morph" and so on, and you mentioned them here, so that's great!
    Concerning my accent : Bingo, it's French! It did not managed to hide it ;) but this was an impossible mission!

You're my first feedback concerning these tutorials, and it's wonderful for me to see that they really help people!
    If you have any further questions and remarks concerning them I'm here to answer!

Post edited by V3Digitimes on