Comments

• kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Just purchased the following 4 items

HDR ProSets Yosemite Pack Two
    Fantasy Wishing Well
    30 Poses for Ironstar
    Good Nurse / Bad Nurse

which are shown in the cycling Banner as worth 1 point.
    They are also shown on the Power Up page as today's Featured Items.

However my power bar is not showing the points for these items.

Please give it a moment, there appears to be some lag with it updating.. but from what I'm hearing it does show up after a bit (and a few refreshes) :)

No problems will check again after work in 4 hours.

• EwokzombieEwokzombie Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Bother, these kind of promotions really don't encourage me to buy.... "buy a lot of cheap stuff you probably don't need or want right now...but its cheap and you can get a mystery surprise! or discounts on things" that never works for me. If I have money to buy all those things to get enough points, i'd rather put that towards a few products that I absolutely need to use.

These can be fun games for people with extra funds who don't mind paying extra to get to the "meat" of the sale/party, but sales like "buy one, get one free (and not from a list of a few things, that you may or may not already own) are a much better incentive for me. Or last month, when everything was discounted. if Daz was to have, say, "buy one, get one equal or lesser value" for Daz originals, for example, I'd totally be on that wagon. or a solid 50% off Daz O's. I'd be on that wagon too. Or "renew your membership, get a 50% off any cart of Daz O's. Things like that.

Deals like "buy what we tell you to, every day, to get something mystery" doesn't really appeal. Nor do many of the coupons lately that say "spend at least $$$ to get coupon for $ off".

Last month was awesomeness. Straight up sale prices, at least if you're a PC member, slightly more costly to non pc members, and coupons off as well. Last month was great, best sale of the year so far! Looking forward to more from the PC anniversary but I hope it's not all dependent on buying PC items. I get plenty of PC things, and I have several west park things, and i just bought a couple PC items last week. But i get them when i need them, and not a "pay this much to get a PC reward" which is basically what this type of event boils down to.

Still, watching with interest!

I’m going to have to agree with belovedalia on this. Having to buy a limited bunch of things you probably don’t want to buy to get access to this mega pack and/or getting discount coupons isn’t really a great idea.

Looking at today’s (day one) releases for example, we have Mad Nurse for Genesis and Genesis 2, Poke Through Tutorial and the West Park Ailments. For me thats 1 thing I would get, the West Park Ailments. I have no interest in Genesis and less interest in Genesis 2 items and I generally don’t like tutorials that you have to buy since you really don’t know what your getting. -Sorry to the venders but thats just the way I am.

So out of all the PA items released, its very likely a good chunk of them will be Genesis 1, Genesis 2, Gen 5 or Gen 6 related items out of them. So to get to tier 2 I’ll probably have to buy stuff I have no use for or will never use and that will never happen.

*Oh what a shocker, today’s 6 items include 3 things for Genesis or Gen 5 and only 2 of the 6 are under $2. I would have probably picked up that 30 Pose set for Ironstar but its only for gen 5 figures...

At this rate I wont even get to tier 1.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Bother, these kind of promotions really don't encourage me to buy.... "buy a lot of cheap stuff you probably don't need or want right now...but its cheap and you can get a mystery surprise! or discounts on things" that never works for me. If I have money to buy all those things to get enough points, i'd rather put that towards a few products that I absolutely need to use.

These can be fun games for people with extra funds who don't mind paying extra to get to the "meat" of the sale/party, but sales like "buy one, get one free (and not from a list of a few things, that you may or may not already own) are a much better incentive for me. Or last month, when everything was discounted. if Daz was to have, say, "buy one, get one equal or lesser value" for Daz originals, for example, I'd totally be on that wagon. or a solid 50% off Daz O's. I'd be on that wagon too. Or "renew your membership, get a 50% off any cart of Daz O's. Things like that.

Deals like "buy what we tell you to, every day, to get something mystery" doesn't really appeal. Nor do many of the coupons lately that say "spend at least $$$ to get coupon for $ off".

Last month was awesomeness. Straight up sale prices, at least if you're a PC member, slightly more costly to non pc members, and coupons off as well. Last month was great, best sale of the year so far! Looking forward to more from the PC anniversary but I hope it's not all dependent on buying PC items. I get plenty of PC things, and I have several west park things, and i just bought a couple PC items last week. But i get them when i need them, and not a "pay this much to get a PC reward" which is basically what this type of event boils down to.

Still, watching with interest!

I’m going to have to agree with belovedalia on this. Having to buy a limited bunch of things you probably don’t want to buy to get access to this mega pack and/or getting discount coupons isn’t really a great idea.

Looking at today’s (day one) releases for example, we have Mad Nurse for Genesis and Genesis 2, Poke Through Tutorial and the West Park Ailments. For me thats 1 thing I would get, the West Park Ailments. I have no interest in Genesis and less interest in Genesis 2 items and I generally don’t like tutorials that you have to buy since you really don’t know what your getting. -Sorry to the venders but thats just the way I am.

So out of all the PA items released, its very likely a good chunk of them will be Genesis 1, Genesis 2, Gen 5 or Gen 6 related items out of them. So to get to tier 2 I’ll probably have to buy stuff I have no use for or will never use and that will never happen.

*Oh what a shocker, today’s 6 items include 3 things for Genesis or Gen 5 and only 2 of the 6 are under $2. I would have probably picked up that 30 Pose set for Ironstar but its only for gen 5 figures...

we can only hope its get better .

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited October 2013

Chances are pretty good (this is pure conjecture on my part) that the end-of-month mystery will be Genesis-related. If you're not a Genesis fan, I think bowing out of the Tier system now before you've spent too much is probably a wise strategy. Just take advantage of whatever comes along that you like, and don't worry about the Tiers.

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on
  • diogenese19348diogenese19348 Posts: 926
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    DAZ_jared said:

If you get a reward for at least 3/4 weeks then you will qualify for the superdupermegaawesomesaucum prize at the end. ...

Is it a manual? ;)

You ask for too much grasshopper :P

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Just purchased the following 4 items

Fantasy Wishing Well
    30 Poses for Ironstar
    Good Nurse / Bad Nurse

which are shown in the cycling Banner as worth 1 point.
    They are also shown on the Power Up page as today's Featured Items.

However my power bar is not showing the points for these items.

I just purchased a few items, and my power bar updated immediately. I guess the glitch has been straightened out.

edited December 1969

Mine hasn't. but downloading them also fails. I have a feeling confirmation from Paypal might hold things up at times. I got the confirmation send e-mail from Paypal, but not the confirmation received e-mail from DAZ. I've had this happen at other sites too, so I think it is a Paypal issue rather than a DAZ issue.

edited December 1969

Got a question about the sale folks, Weekly rewards seem to be time based, that is you need to use them in the sales week they unlock. The PA discount says that specifically, the other two don't. Is that correct for all three? (The coupon is kind of moot, obviously that is going to get used pretty immediately, the % off one DAZ original item is something else again).

On the PA discount, that says "this week", I assume it is the week it unlocks, although since we had a whole month of 50% off that one is kind of "meh" except for new items.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I keep forgetting that it's only Day 2 of the sale, I keep wanting to rush to get to get the 12 points, but don't want to buy everything right away. I love the nurses outfit and the bloody texture was a nice touch, the sets reminded me of American Horror Story. The Yosemite set looks nice, I completely missed the release of the 1st one, so I might buy that one later in the month but definitely buying the the 2nd one today. I have to say though,the timing for the sales are kinda nice, keeps me preoccupied while waiting for my shows to start up in the end of September to the middle of October. So far 4 of the 6 main shows are back on. :)

• GhengisFarbGhengisFarb Posts: 173
    edited December 1969

Chances are pretty good (this is pure conjecture on my part) that the end-of-month mystery will be Genesis-related. If you're not a Genesis fan, I think bowing out of the Tier system now before you've spent too much is probably a wise strategy. Just take advantage of whatever comes along that you like, and don't worry about the Tiers.

Yeah, I feel pretty confident the end of month Mystery bonus is M6+Genesis 2 Males, and if you don't earn it you'll have to wait till next year to buy it.....

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Oh, come on, it's a CELEBRATION!! There should be more celebrating!! Where are the balloons?! Who brought the party potatoes??

Anyway, dumb question... "Fill your Power-up Meter for Big Rewards each week!" So.... when do the rewards we've earned come? Since you can't earn both tier 1 and 2 in the same week, I assume we'll have to wait until week's end ( to determine which tier we qualified for, if any) and then we'll get some kind of... email? Or something?

But then... We won't be able to use week 1's prizes until at least week 2, yes? So the whole tier 1 "20% Off* of stores from PA's in this week's sale" and tier 2 "44% Off* of stores from PA's in this week's sale" won't apply to Week 1 vendors, since we won't have the codes until week two?

Also, will the $6 tier 2 offer stack with the October PC coupon?

I'm confuzzled again.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I just purchased enough to unlock tier 1, so is the $2 coupon and discounts available to use now, or is it wait and see if you qualify for tier 2 and can only use rewards for one tier? How and when do you use the rewards?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

As I understand it the rewards will not be issued until the end of the "week" - actually a couple of days after the last qualifying item so people have a chance to buy everything in time. They couldn't give tier 1 now, in case you ended up with enough points for tier 2 (which replaces tier 1, you don't get both).

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Wait and see, as it says on the points counter on the sale page.

And I notice the tabs on the points counter have changed from precise dates to just "week 1/2/3/4". This is removing meaning and making the counter less precise — change it back, please.

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

And now to something completly different...

Should not 'Christmas Past for the Haunted Mansion' (#sku: 2808) be one of the related Platinum products set to $ 0.99?

Everything else related to the 'Haunted Mansion' (included in the 'PC Mega Pack' ) are reduced to $0.99 but this one.

Just asking...

Cheerio for now

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

As I understand it the rewards will not be issued until the end of the "week" - actually a couple of days after the last qualifying item so people have a chance to buy everything in time. They couldn't give tier 1 now, in case you ended up with enough points for tier 2 (which replaces tier 1, you don't get both).

Thanks, this helps clear things up a lot!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

This is my strategy - buy what I want anyway (and $1.59 instead of 1.99 is niiiice!) and be happy. :)

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

Anyone try the Advanced Ambient Light yet? Is it worth the $8 bucks? I'd hate to drop another $8 on a light kit when it's no better than Uber2. Do your renders look insane?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Bought yes ... but there is no download link in the product library ... LOL

edited December 1969

-Just because I have no interest in Genesis and gen 5 or 6 items, doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to get the coupons.

we can only hope its get better .

-I’m having my doubts so far. Day 3 and maybe I’ll get the PC Anniversary Bundle 1 for a bunch of items I really don’t need but could be useful someday.

Three days and maybe 2 things? Not a good start for me. There are just not enough variety in these qualifying selections so far.

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited October 2013

Same here. Day 3 and I only have 4 stars. I'll have 5 after I buy the light set. I have a long way to go if I'm going to get 12 stars. I though I'd have this in the bag, but it feels like I'm going to have to buy stuff I don't even need/want just to get stars. I have a 100 things on my wishlist I'm itching to buy, but I'm holding out. I'd much rather score points on the things on my wishlist that I really want rather than spend money on new PC items that I'm not especially dying for.

We'll see. Hopefully I break both tiers and get those rewards, then week 2 will be easier to unlock, and so on and so forth.

Post edited by Kevin Rye on
  • andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Just a heads-up: the free 100-pose set by Don Albert is DAZ Studio only. I'm a Poser user & didn't see that until after I had gone to the effort of buying another product to qualify for it.

edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:

If you are not a PC member, it is actually cheaper to buy the products individually than it is to buy the bundle. $5.99 x8 = 47.92, vs. 48.97 for the bundle.

I am currently a PC club member, at least until November when I decide if I keep it or cancel it. Leaning towards probably canceling it.

I couldn’t afford anything to even try to get a tier filled and to get a coupon if I wasnt a PC member.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Is you buy the bundle do you get a point considering everything in it has already been released prior?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You get a point for things that show they earn points for Power Up. They are all new products. SOme are PC products and some are PA products released specially for the PC sale, with extra discount for PC members.

• sdorseysdorsey Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Tier 1 unlocked for the $2 coupon code, but where do I find the code?

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    On the points page, it should say that the rewards are unlocked on the 11th of October, IIRC.

Hope that helps!

-- Morgan

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

I've bought:
    Advanced Ambient Light
    Tarnished and Polished Shaders
    Mad Nurse for Genesis Female
    Mad Nurse for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Good Nurse / Bad Nurse

And I'm still at Tier 1 Rewards Unlocked and 0 of 6 products for Tier 2 ... It's really not clear to me...