Welcome to the 6th annual MONSTER MASH HALLOWEEN BASH!

1234568»

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

It rained here, but stopped around 6:00 pm. Then they came. I had about 130 treat bags made up...I had 7 left when it was all done.

Dana

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

mmalbert said:
    ...And our decorative Mr. Bones -- an obnoxious talking skeleton in a top hat -- kept getting knocked over by the wind...

Sounds like "Slash"!

:-)

skeleton_guitar_play_240.jpg
    240 x 320 - 21K
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Husband calculates we had only 15 trick-or-treaters. This translates into oodles of leftover candy -- and a clear and present danger to my waistline. Eep.

Our obnoxious bone man isn't nearly that interesting as "Slash." This one talks and sings in a bad Jamaican accent, which the husband thinks is hilarious (I've learned to deal with his weird sense of humor over the years.) Every time Mr. Bones fell over last night -- which was a lot -- he'd start singing or go through his speech repertoire, which is pretty much "Did I SCAAAAARE you?" or "Happy HallowEEEEEEN!"

Oh, and meant to say yesterday that Lord Ganthor's latest made me LOL. But you know, carpe diem and all that. You go, guy. :coolsmile:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

We only had about the same amount of trick or treaters. Yeah, we have a lot of candy left over.

edited December 1969

I'm thankful that we didn't have much left over. I've been trying to trim down, not blow up!

Dana

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

mmalbert said:
    Husband calculates we had only 15 trick-or-treaters.
    That's 15 more than I got... Luckily, I expected this (I didn't get any last year, and the weather was miserable), so my candy stash is manageable.

I wish I could have come up with something for this challenge - it's the first time since I started taking part than I missed a Hallowe'en render. :down: Ah, well - good luck to everyone who did enter!

• Chelle the CatChelle the Cat Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

We had maybe half the kids we had last year - still a lot, but not near the swarm we had anticipated when we bought candy. Luckily we don't open all the bags at once, and so several unopened bags will be shoved into the freezer in the basement because we do NOT need to be eatting candy. LOL Bad enough the three of us will end up killing off the just under half a bowl that was left at the end of the evening... no willpower, I admit it.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

I had a bunch of kids. Went through over four 11 oz bags of candy and had to run and buy a fifth. Definitely a successful night. Gave out much candy and scared much kids.

edited November 2013

WE HAVE WINNERS!

First of all, I had no judges volunteer this year, so I had to pick the winners alone. There were also no donations this year at all except for mine, and the mini contest failed real bad, mainly because some will use Google to cheat. All of this disappointed me greatly. However, there were some great entries this year. Really hard tp pick. I took into consideration the rules, the lights and shadows, the freebie count and links, and the render itself. This was one of the hardest ones I have had to do in years. Though there was only 15 entries, each one was a work of art. All of you really understand how to setup your links and explain the paid fors and such. I was very impressed.

So after tossing them back and forth, up and down, in and out, I finally picked what I thought were the best entries.

Here they are:

The two honorable mentions really deserve to be winners, but we can only have three winners. They were:

HM-1 "Celebrate!!!" - By Kalazar (It would have scored more if the right leg wasn't bent behind him, it almost looks like his leg is missing from the knee down.)

HM-2 "Night Of The Living Dolls" - By MegonNoel (I really liked the way you grouped all this in such a small space.)

Now the three main winners are:

3rd place - "Fire Sale" - By Kismet2012 ( The overall look of this is great. Looks like Hell...lol. The catch on this one was the fact that one of the guitars is not sized correctly and is too small...or too big...which is it? You have to take these things into consideration when you are entering a contest. Size matters!....(where have I heard that....hehehe.)

2nd place - "Overture Of The Dead" - By Dorseyland (I like the lighting in this one. Also the shadow on the wall looks like a ghost. The Cat eyes creeps me completely. The pose she strikes with that dead expression is awesome. Just a darn good render all together.)

And the grand prize winner is...........

"Zombie Bluegrass" - By Lord Ganthor ( I know these guys...I have seen them play before. Such a sick eeerie band of deadies. They truely rock the swamp.)

So there you have it folks. Like I said...it was tough to pick winners...they are all winners. I did like Dollygirls entry too, but just a bit too busy for me. I did, however, love the alien bass player...lol.

ALL THE THREE WINNERS NEED TO PM ME THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES YOU USED TO REGISTER HERE AT DAZ IN ORDER TO RECEIVE YOUR PRIZE GCS.

Congrats to all...now on to "The Most Dangerous Game".

Zombie_Bluegrass_001.jpg
    640 x 521 - 42K
    OvertureOfTheDead_Dorseyland.jpg
    640 x 423 - 50K
    Fire_Sale_Kismet2012.jpg
    640 x 640 - 52K
    Night_of_the_Living_Dolls_MegonNoel.jpg
    640 x 446 - 59K
    Celebrate!!!_Kalazar.jpg
    453 x 640 - 51K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • TallulahdahlingTallulahdahling Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Great choices, Music!

Congratulations, all you winners!

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners and HMs well deserved. Everyone had such great renders this months. See you in November.

• kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone! I always love doing this contest. Thank you Music

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners! There may have been only 15 entries, but they were all fun.

BTW, music, I did not cheat (I saw your post before you edited it.) I guess you missed my explanation of how I did this scene and why it took me a while to get it done.

I'm not angry, only disappointed. If you had doubts, I wish you would've just asked me to address them before you accepted the entry. I would've been happy to provide you with a screen shot showing the final 215MB file because I did end up saving the final scene.

screenshot.jpg
    1284 x 790 - 380K
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone!

Dana

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Congratulations eveyrone.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners!

And I'll see you over in the dangerous-game room...

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Well bless my Hallowed-out soul. Thank you very much, Music and judges!

Congratulations to the champeen Ganthor and the other winners.

mmalbert, I hope you're not discouraged if something's gone askew. Something ALWAYS goes askew -- that's part of the Freebie Challenge's, um, challenge, and its charm, like playing a Grand Slam tennis final on a windy day. Really hope you hang in for November.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone...and thank you Music! Outstanding show as usual and brother, do you know how to put on a show! Great renders from everyone and more than just a couple creeped me out. Sorry for not being around much to comment, but I'm doing another 1,000 year stretch at work (so called 'cause that's when I get my next day off) but I'd always come in and look before I fell asleep. Once again to everyone, my thanks and we'll see you next month!

• MegonNoelMegonNoel Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

Great renders, everyone! Congrats to the winners - very well deserved! And thanks so much for the honorable mention! :-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

All Place winners please check your PM's.

edited December 1969

The three winners email addresses have been submitted to Daz. Keep your eye on your email box for your GCs.

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Anyone else been through the GATEWAY TO HELL yet?

It's terrifying, it's fatal, it's not fair I was supposed to go the OTHER way!

It's great, Music -- THANK A LOT!

2013-10-Freeb-Chall-thanks.jpg
    947 x 733 - 163K
    edited December 1969

Cool....but I ain't goin with ya!

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

I'm back. My husband got his friend all married and off to their honeymoon. Had a good time seeing friends.

Congratulations to all the winners. Was lots of things to consider for this one. Will see you in November.