New "Traction Engine" & "Steam Powered Carriage" , Poser Core Installers?

The "Traction Engine" & "Steam Powered Carriage" by David Brinnen/ForbiddenWhspers, both show they are for Poser, but show only "DSON Core Installer".  The former shows DUF, CR2, & OBJ, while the latter shows only DUF.  I recall previous products from the same vendor did, in fact, have Poser Core installers, it was just a mistake on the DAZ Product page.  Is that the case here?  As I recall, a DSON Core Installer does not work for Carrara, and I avoid DUF formats for Cararra.

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,187
    rk66 said:

OK, thanks.  Still a little confusing, since the Traction engine shows DUF, CR2, & OBJ but only "Basic" Poser support.  While the Steam Powered Carriage shows only DUF but "Full" Poser support.  I *think* the usual policy of this vendor is to provide a Poser format product (CR2) which will allow loading into Carrara, but it would be good to be clearer in the product page.

•  

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/295906/traction-engine-coming-soon-commercial#latest

can ask here but Carrara should be able to import the obj in parts too

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

misread as tachyon engine  a tachyon engine would be way kewl, mebbe harness those tachyons with fluidos

• We always do full poser support.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Although it doesn't show it on the store page they do have Poser files.   We are reporting this.

edited December 2018
    We always do full poser support.

Thanks for the response.  Just to clarify, some of your products say something like this:

"Full Daz Studio Iray & 3Delight support, as well as basic Poser 11 support"

For example, I have the "Villainous Lair" product that I recall did not render in Poser like the demo images showed.  I did get it to render nicely in Carrara after some work on the lights, etc.

Post edited by Steve K on
    Chohole said:

Although it doesn't show it on the store page they do have Poser files.   We are reporting this.

OK, thanks.

• Steve K said:

Thanks for the response.  Just to clarify, some of your products say something like this:

For example, I have the "Villainous Lair" product that I recall did not render in Poser like the demo images showed.  I did get it to render nicely in Carrara after some work on the lights, etc.

We make stuff functional in poser with native files and not DSON files. So you can use then without DS, unlike DSON files. They'll never look as good as the DS files, but function in a basic standard.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Steve K said:
    Chohole said:

OK, thanks.

Poser Installers are showing on the store pages now.

Steve K said:

We make stuff functional in poser with native files and not DSON files. So you can use then without DS, unlike DSON files. They'll never look as good as the DS files, but function in a basic standard.

OK, thanks.

Chohole said:
    Steve K said:
    Chohole said:

OK, thanks.

Poser Installers are showing on the store pages now.

Yes, thanks.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,613
    edited December 2018

Nice model, needs a little shader work but very happy with it.

Traction 1.png
    1600 x 1231 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on