Traction Engine - Coming Soon- {Commercial}

David and I Present a detailed Traction Engine, complete with conforming chimney prop & fully rigged elements throughout the model, with ERC for the Daz Studio Version.

Full Iray/3Delight & Basic Poser support as standard.

Coming Soon.

TractionEngine_popup_01.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 590K
TractionEngine_popup_02.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 532K
TractionEngine_popup_03.jpg
1300 x 800 - 411K
TractionEngine_popup_04.jpg
1300 x 800 - 408K
TractionEngine_popup_05.jpg
1300 x 800 - 426K
TractionEngine_popup_06.jpg
1300 x 800 - 357K
TractionEngine_popup_07.jpg
1300 x 800 - 320K
TractionEngine_popup_08.jpg
1300 x 800 - 318K

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Dayam! I dunno what I'd do with it....but I WANT it!!! LMAO

Laurie

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142

My old Dad would have loved that - he was a massive Traction Engine fan (dragged poor Mum to lots of steam festivals over the years). Like AllenArt, I've no idea why I'd need it but I do!

• We're glad you like it. We know it's pretty niche, but it's nice to do something different.

• Useful for driving fairground attractions and agricultural machinery - lots of potential for images there (especially if we could have some period fairground attractions and agricultrural machinery, hint, hint).

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 2018

Is it inspired by a real machine or is it steampunk? Either way, There's plenty of steampunk potential

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Brilliant. My husband loves anything like that. I’m sure I can find a use for this. Well done.

• pwiecek said:

Is it inspired by a real machine or is it steampunk? Either way, There's plenty of steampunk potential

It's a real vehicle.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2018
    pwiecek said:

There are an amazing amount of steam vehicles still working in the uk.  

Hence Richard's comment about period fairground attractiosn and agricultural equipment

Post edited by Chohole on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

The level of detail on this is amazing. It looks like it took a lot of time and effort!

Cheers,

Alex.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,342
    pwiecek said:

There's a wonderful video of a traction engine in a tug of war with a modern tractor. The direction it's going in is purely defined by whether the old machine is actually pulling.

They're not fast and they're not practical, but they have absolutely no shortage of weight and torque.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

It's up: https://www.daz3d.com/traction-engine

Unfortunately at the time I'm posting this, the price is still undefined.

Looks great.  Now all we need is a threshing machine and we could do a scene from Dads Army.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited December 2018

I ended up buying this, even though I was overcharged at checkout, and discounts were not correctly applied (I submitted a ticket).

Apart from that, it's a beautiful machine. Here, with it;s less conventional cousins (a really quick render):

SteamMachines01.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 592K
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    edited December 2018
    I am interested in the Traction Engine but only if the awning cover can be removed or hidden. Is that property available? If not can you update to fo so?
    Post edited by mwokee on
  • mwokee said:
    I am interested in the Traction Engine but only if the awning cover can be removed or hidden. Is that property available? If not can you update to fo so?

No, sorry. The roof and wood sides can be removed via material zones only. We will not be updating this product, we've other projects to work on.
    How do you remove a material zone? I'm not a Daz guru. Thanks
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029
    mwokee said:

Select the surfaces corresponding to the zone you want to remove and make them transparent (using the opacity slider).

That's easy enough hopefully it's as simple as it sounds.
  • I had a Matchbox model of that when I was a kid.  Those models were made out of cast iron in those days.  No idea what happened to it. 

I have just been informed by my husband that it’s not a traction engine but a showmans engine. Usually used in fairgrounds. No matter its still a great model.

• Leana said:
    mwokee said:

Select the surfaces corresponding to the zone you want to remove and make them transparent (using the opacity slider).

Or of course you can completely remove them with the Geometry Editor tool - in Tool settings click the + next to the surface name, then right-click in the Viewport>Geometry Visibility>Hide Selected, the right-click in the Viewport>Geometry Editing>Delete Hidden*. Use File>Save As>Support Assets>Figure Prop Asset to save it as a new figure, so you can load the form you want in future without having to do the editing.

* Note that the chnage log http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_11_0_259 shows that the process will lose one of these steps in a forthcoming version.

• For some reason, every time I try to follow the link to the traction engine from the Shop page or from the Holiday Loyalty Sale page, or even from a marketplace search results page, it just takes me to the Daz3D mainpage.  Mousing over the product image in those pages, I see the link there only points to www.daz3d.com and doesn't have the /traction-engine/ bit at the end.  Anyone else having this issue?  oO

• For some reason, every time I try to follow the link to the traction engine from the Shop page or from the Holiday Loyalty Sale page, or even from a marketplace search results page, it just takes me to the Daz3D mainpage.  Mousing over the product image in those pages, I see the link there only points to www.daz3d.com and doesn't have the /traction-engine/ bit at the end.  Anyone else having this issue?  oO

Please do a forced refresh of the page - this was, I know, an issue first thing but it's been working for me.

OK guys, I'm able to change the opacity on everything I want except for the light bulbs. Removing the lightbulbs only happens if you change the opacity on the base which of course affects everything.

Can this be fixed? I don't want to ask for a refund.

Thanks

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,873
    edited December 2018

For some reason, every time I try to follow the link to the traction engine from the Shop page or from the Holiday Loyalty Sale page, or even from a marketplace search results page, it just takes me to the Daz3D mainpage.  Mousing over the product image in those pages, I see the link there only points to www.daz3d.com and doesn't have the /traction-engine/ bit at the end.  Anyone else having this issue?  oO

Please do a forced refresh of the page - this was, I know, an issue first thing but it's been working for me.

What is a "forced refresh"?  I've loaded a fresh copy of the page each time.  It even did this broken link thing when I plugged "traction engine" into the product search field and clicked the product thumbnail from the resulting search.  This is in Opera.

edit:  Bah, got it sorted.  Ctrl-F5 in Windoze.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
    edited December 2018
    mwokee said:

OK guys, I'm able to change the opacity on everything I want except for the light bulbs. Removing the lightbulbs only happens if you change the opacity on the base which of course affects everything.

Thanks

Can you hide the parts that are in the way, select the geometry of the bulbs  like mentioned above, create a new surface from selection and then hide that?

Post edited by Artbyphil on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253
    edited December 2018

Check the face groups in the Geometry editor. Sometimes there are different groupings than in the surface groups. If there's one for the lightbulbs just click it off. You will probably need to do it again each time you open the scene, but that's easy enough.

Otherwise you'll need to go in with the editor tool and select them manually, and then put them in a group of their own with can be turned off. (That may lose the materials but if you save the edited model as a separate scene there's no harm done.)

Post edited by JOdel on
  • mwokee said:

Thanks

The blubs aren't broken, they have an Iray glass shader in them. Which has refraction settings. You're best removing the shader and then making them transparent with the opacity slider.