BATCH RENDER using TIMELINE KEYS

DmnbldDmnbld Posts: 0
edited December 2018 in The Commons

BATCH RENDER using TIMELINE KEYS
Hello, still fairly new to Daz, discovered a great trick for compiling a batch render. Tried some batch render facilities before discovering this trick and found them difficult and clunky, thought it might be useful to post this method here for anyone else in the same spot.

This trick will allow you to set up a scene and frame up a series of images to render from that scene (each with unique camera angles/poses/clothing/etc), then go to bed and have each prepared image render for its ration of the night's hours.

It may be a commonplace method, but I found no mention of it online. So here is a mention of it online.

> Set up your scene (including the first camera position) on frame 0.
> Move to the next frame and reposition the same camera, adjusting DOF etc to suit. You must use the same camera for the whole set.
> Repeat for as many camera positions as you like.
> If you change pose or other parameters, be sure to insert a key featuring the previous pose on the last frame in which that pose appears, and set the interpolation style to linear.
> You can cycle outfits by fitting all clothing items you plan to feature in the image set to the model at frame 0, then using scale at 0% or (original)% to key individual clothing items such that they appear and disappear for particular frames.
> Once your scene’s shots and content are set up as a series of adjacent keyframes, decide how long (in seconds) you want to allocate to rendering the complete series, then divide that time by the number of keyframes you’ve set up. Enter the resulting figure into the MAX TIME field in Progressive Render Settings. 
> Now adjust Render Settings to IMAGE SERIES and enter the first and last set up frames into the image series frame range.
> Enter a name and path for the image series.
> Click render and go to bed.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• Careful when using the scale method to hide and show items, I've experienced inflated render times given the right circumstances. What those 'right circumstances' are remains to be understood on my end, but I'm fairly certain they exist :D