Bryce Pro Cloudscapes 7 - Night Cloud & Bryce 7.1 Pro - Environments - Beneath the Waves

Could some one explain what these are exactly? I have read the description but it alludes me to what they are exactly.
For example, the cloudscapes, are these scenes of just volumetric clouds, or is it that plus the sky backgrounds and hdri? Its confusing.
The underwater product alludes me near completely.

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,139

HorusRa - Environments - Beneath the Waves is for scenes below the water surface and also with the water surface in the image centre so you can see the scene below and above the water surface at the same time (there are 3 scene files and 3 tutorial videos). Then there are 9 under the water surface scene files and a video explaining things. The set also contains 3 HDRI each in two resolutions and also as specular convolved ones with 3 example scenes. This set is by David Brinnen and me. You can load any source file into Bryce and start changing it to create your own artwork. The tutorial videos should help you setting up a scene all by yourself.

Bryce Pro Cloudscapes 7 - Night Cloud is a set by David Brinnen. It contains 30 source files with volumetric clouds. I think the idea is that you use one of the source files with a sky, clouds and light you like and create your scene beneath the sky.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Horo said:

HorusRa - Environments - Beneath the Waves is for scenes below the water surface and also with the water surface in the image centre so you can see the scene below and above the water surface at the same time (there are 3 scene files and 3 tutorial videos). Then there are 9 under the water surface scene files and a video explaining things. The set also contains 3 HDRI each in two resolutions and also as specular convolved ones with 3 example scenes. This set is by David Brinnen and me. You can load any source file into Bryce and start changing it to create your own artwork. The tutorial videos should help you setting up a scene all by yourself.

Bryce Pro Cloudscapes 7 - Night Cloud is a set by David Brinnen. It contains 30 source files with volumetric clouds. I think the idea is that you use one of the source files with a sky, clouds and light you like and create your scene beneath the sky.

Yes,  they are packed as scene files.  so you open the scene file and then add your scene parts to it.  

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662

ok, thanks Horo and Chohole.
    So Beneath the waves has no props, rocks, vegetation, nothing like that?
    Cloudscapes, so is it just volumetric clouds? Are the night sky backgrounds included? I need night skies. =)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2018

Yeah  they are scene files   so if you open the scene you get what you see in the promo. each one includes the lighting as from a normal bryce sky but with an hdri backdrop as well as the clouds to get the effect that you see in the promos.

They render remarkably quickly considering they have the volumetric clouds,  due to the way the lighting is done to make the night skies.

Post edited by Chohole on

Now what about 'Beneath the Waves?' Do you get the terrain shown in those promos?

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,014
    edited December 2018

If you have a Pinterest account you can check out my Board - what I did with this product here : https://www.pinterest.com/maryoale3/environments-beneath-the-waves-for-bryce-3d/

Sometimes these links dont work you will need to navigate to the board from my main Home page wink

Post edited by mermaid010 on

If you have a Pinterest account you can check out my Board - what I did with this product here : https://www.pinterest.com/maryoale3/environments-beneath-the-waves-for-bryce-3d/

Sometimes these links dont work you will need to navigate to the board from my main Home page wink

Oh, I don't have a pinterest acct so I wasn't able to see anything. I actually had to submit a ticket with daz this afternoon for a refund on the 5 bryce items I purchased as the products were too confusing. The terrain products were beautiful bit I notice one cannot get close to terrain without it looking pixelated, evidently even with high resolution terrain. Several of the products, terrains, the water product and clouds were scene files and that confuses me as how to use some of the terrain with say the volumetric clouds since both are already scenes, so it's like trying to add a scene to a scene.
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,014

HorusRa - sad you don't have Pinterest, I think you would have changed your mind about returning the products. I don't have Cloudscapes 7 but have Cloudscape 5 and it's really awesome how quickly one can set up a scene. smiley