Re-docking toolbars (Solved)

evacynevacyn Posts: 958

I've wanted to reconfigure my workspace, but when I drag a toolbar (like Create or Viewport Tools), I can't get it to redock to the menu. Typically with other software (like Photoshop), it would highlight when it was in place and just snap back to the menu. I have 'Lock docking/undocking' turned off as well.

Thanks!

Post edited by evacyn on

Comments

• If I drag a tool bar into the dock area I get a space outlined with highlight colour showing where it would drop, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't - I can't see where your mouse pointer is though. One option, if you can't redock, is to use Window>Workspace>Select Layout to reload the layout (but you would lose any unsaved customisation).

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

If I drag a tool bar into the dock area I get a space outlined with highlight colour showing where it would drop, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't - I can't see where your mouse pointer is though. One option, if you can't redock, is to use Window>Workspace>Select Layout to reload the layout (but you would lose any unsaved customisation).

Thanks - with your help I was able to figure it out through some trial and error.

It looks like toolbars won't dock (at least for me) when I load a Custom Workspace. If I use a default one (like City Limits) and customize it, then there's no issues and I can dock the bars like you suggested. But once I save a Workspace and reload it, then it seems like the docking functionality stops working. I'd report it as a bug, but I'm not sure if I'm the only one with the issue.

• That shouldn't be true in general - mine is a very custom workspace.

• KeaseenKeaseen Posts: 3
    edited January 2020

Still have this bug in 2020 after applying edits in layout customize.

Daz Studio 4.12 Public Beta

Solved by fixing .DSX layout file in line 29:

</PaneGroup> section "PreferredDepth" parameter is out of range or something. Fixed by setting a lower value. (must be ~724)

GIF2.gif
    453 x 204 - 151K
    image.png
    453 x 204 - 19K
    Post edited by Keaseen on