Newb Questions

2»

Comments

• Ok thank you for the kind words its good to know some kind people still exist in the world:). Surely you have passed on much to me already directing me towards many things and answering questions. I have found the new user thread in which I will try to get active with. But I cannot figure out how to make my own thread as you were suggesting?.OOOh yet another question lol.

• virtualreality42virtualreality42 Posts: 51
    edited December 2018

Thanks for the kind words and yes you surely have passed on some great knowledge to me already. I have found the newbie forum you were talking about and just made a post.  But I cannot find how ot make my own thread lol yet another question?:). I could have sworn I just made a post in response to you already but for some reason it did not take. If it does disragard the duality lol. Ah found it, it created a second page duh. Can't figure out how to delete a post so I just edited this one, think its to early in the morning to type lol.

Post edited by virtualreality42 on
  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

... and daz does not offer anything like a credit card...

Ooooh, that just gave me shivers. I'm not real big on credit cards, but if there was a Daz-branded Visa or Mastercard that rewarded 1% of every purchase with store credit, I'd be tempted. Buy $100 worth of groceries, get $1 in credit. I think I'd definitely go for that. Of course they'd have to let you render a design for your own card (family friendly of course). How cool would that be?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ok thank you for the kind words its good to know some kind people still exist in the world:). Surely you have passed on much to me already directing me towards many things and answering questions. I have found the new user thread in which I will try to get active with. But I cannot figure out how to make my own thread as you were suggesting?.OOOh yet another question lol.

@virtualreality42 When you get to the Art Studio thread, you just click on the blue, New Discussion box and title your thread, write your first post and hit enter.  Voila, you have your own thread. 

Kitsumo said:

... and daz does not offer anything like a credit card...

Ooooh, that just gave me shivers. I'm not real big on credit cards, but if there was a Daz-branded Visa or Mastercard that rewarded 1% of every purchase with store credit, I'd be tempted. Buy $100 worth of groceries, get $1 in credit. I think I'd definitely go for that. Of course they'd have to let you render a design for your own card (family friendly of course). How cool would that be?

Haha, I think that would be a death sentence to my bank account lol!

• Ah ok thank you much i will do that soon. However I do have a question that is rather frustrating me. I had gotten some weapon packs alittle while ago in the beginning, One was defently my bad because in the beginning I was not paying attention to the fact it said "victoria 4 michael 4" Now the other bundle I got did not say anything other thhan daz 4.10 and seems to have the right ingredients

• DAZ Studio Material Presets for 3Delight (.DUF)
    • DAZ Studio Material Presets for Iray (.DUF)
    • Poser Custom Material Presets (.MC6)
    • Texture Templates available through the Product Library

So I take it I waisted the money on these packs? because I cannot seem to parent any of the weapons to 8 female. they just go in the middle of her no matter if i parent or add or apply or anything.? or is theiranother way to get around this that I do not know?.

• Are you parenting or, if it's a figure, are you trying to Fit To? If you are parenting, are you lining the item up first? Is Parent in Place on (it's a check-box at the bottom of the Change Parent dialogue, or a checkable menu item in the Scene pane option menu - the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab)?

• Yea I just did that and it stretched out her whole body distorting it like gumby.:(

• Did which?

• Ahhaha! I get what you are saying. I had to manually align the staff with the hand then the scene tab then parent or fit on scene tab now I can't remember what I did but it worked. No matter what I now know its possible either way lol thanks:) I was fruit looping over it cause I really hate waisting money. Plus these staffs are like no other I have seen along with the other weapons.

• I wouldn't try fiting an item like this - it may well not be designed to work that way even on the original figure, and the covnersion to work with another figure would probably at least distort the geometry and cause it to deform when the figure was posed. My questions were for diagnostic purposes, not necessarily suggestions of things to try (other than line it up and parent to the hand with Parent In Place on).

• Yea the one pack seems to work without distortion I can pose her with no problems but the other is surely questionable. But I am happy I can at least use the one pack I wanted to. Thanks to your diagnostic purposes:).

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210
    edited December 2018

Yea I just did that and it stretched out her whole body distorting it like gumby.:(

You're not using "Fit to" are you? Parenting shouldn't cause any distortion to the character.

Fit To is usually for clothes and geografts like tails or genitals. Sometimes they will alter the character's geometry to ensure a proper fit.

Edit: oops, I just saw your other post about Fit To. Glad you got it straightened out.

Post edited by Kitsumo on
  • Yea I tried many things and made some mistakes lol.Problem solved but thank you:).