Lee 8

Looks good, but it's really expensive: $66.13 (WTF?). Normally we pay with all discounts $37 to $43 for a new pro char.

20% discount on a gift cards is also no argument (there are many sales from 20% to 25% for them).

The bonus offering (free items, cheap i13 items) is also no deal, got all interesting stuff from that before.

I'm sorry, I like to have Lee 8, but I will wait. The current deal is not cool.

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    gerster said:

Looks good, but it's really expensive: $66.13 (WTF?). Normally we pay with all discounts $37 to $43 for a new pro char.

20% discount on a gift cards is also no argument (there are many sales from 20% to 25% for them).

The bonus offering (free items, cheap i13 items) is also no deal, got all interesting stuff from that before.

I concur. Either I've been too good to Daz, or Daz has been too good to me, but this does not look like Thanksgiving at all.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I was confused by the pricing also. Normally you get discounts if you buy at least two of the add ons.WAY too expensive. 

• nono Posts: 43

There's a mistake on the sale page, down where the ironman13 items are listed. It says Buy any 2 OR MORE Lee 8 to get TWO Ironman13 featured items FREE*. But you actually need to buy 3 add-ons. The correct info is up near the add-on items.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Is Marketing kidding?

They basicly took the Mei Lin 8 sales page, and substituted Lee 8 stuff. Most of the "freebies", and other discount offers are the same as used for Mei Lin - apart, that is, from offering Lee 7 and Lee 6 bundles as free with the pro bundle. I got Mei Lin 8 (plus 7 & 6), I own Lee 7 & 6, so I have zero incentive to buy Lee 8, which is only a vaguely Asian/Caucasian mix.

Come on Daz! How about a special offer to tempt us? (Waiting to see what the red/yellow/purple/etc banner offers)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    edited November 2018

Is Marketing kidding?

They basicly took the Mei Lin 8 sales page, and substituted Lee 8 stuff. Most of the "freebies", and other discount offers are the same as used for Mei Lin - apart, that is, from offering Lee 7 and Lee 6 bundles as free with the pro bundle. I got Mei Lin 8 (plus 7 & 6), I own Lee 7 & 6, so I have zero incentive to buy Lee 8, which is only a vaguely Asian/Caucasian mix.

Come on Daz! How about a special offer to tempt us? (Waiting to see what the red/yellow/purple/etc banner offers)

20% off gift card

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • oops edited

I don't understand the change to this gift card offer - if you're dropping that much money on the pro bundle, are you really going to have enough left to purchase a gift card?? 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    edited November 2018

20% off a gift card after three days of 15% off gift cards during which I already spent my budget in preparation for an anticipated Lee 8 Pro Bundle purchase that I cannot make---purely out of principle. (The principle of relationships that if you tolerate and condone b.s., then you can look forward to regular and increased servings).

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    jakiblue said:

I don't understand the change to this gift card offer - if you're dropping that much money on the pro bundle, are you really going to have enough left to purchase a gift card?? 

NO
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited November 2018

I'm... not really very impressed.  There's something VERY wrong with the base figure's mouth when he smiles... it looks more like the Joker than a real person.  Easily and by far the weakest Lee entry to date.  That said, it wouldn't be a complete deal killer, as the bundle is a pretty decent one.  Unfortunately,   as others have already noted, this starting price seems a bit  high.  I was really expecting a blue bar special for buyers of Mei Lin 8 or something to bring it down to where the last few PB releases have been, and, I think, this may be the most expensive male figure Pro BUndle for all of Gen 8.  Finally, recycling the promo items from Mei Lin seems to be a further case of DAZ completely fumbling the ball with this one.  Maybe we'll see one by morning...

Otherwise, I guess we just have to accept that we got a turkey for Thanksgiving and I'll save my money for the other sales.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • I bought Lee 8 and Yong within minutes of release, but passed on the bundles and freebies. I look forward to testing them out and seeing how they blend with the other morph packs.

• I've been waiting for Lee 8 for awhile and I think he looks fantastic, but I have never seen my cart at over a hundred dollars with a new pro bundle and three add-ons, and I typically get the new bundle every couple of weeks (I think Toon Dave is the only one I haven't bought since March). I usually spend about 65-70 bucks which is what I had budgeted for this release. I totally want the Ironman 13 freebies as their environments are freaking top notch, but I don't know if I can swing it. I'll have to sleep on it I guess and if not just get Lee 8. 

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483
    Not thrilled with the current sale, but Lee is looking great and I love his bundle. Loaded up my cart and will come back on Black Friday. The current for free items are mostly a let down, but there are a few items I did want.
  • I don't even see a giftcard deal?

Waiting until morning to see if there are any additional discounts that haven't shown up yet...

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253
    edited November 2018

It's not an impressive offer at first glance (admittedly, I was due to pick up a new GC to carry me into next month). But I'm going to wait until morning before I do much of anything but put together a potential cart. 

Also not impressed that they decided to launch a new base bundle the evening before a major holiday when there won't be anyone in the office to deal with the inevitable glitches.

I rather stupidly clicked away the purple banner, so I'm not sure precisely what it said beyond the 20% off the GC.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited November 2018
    gerster said:

I have to agree. No way to lower the $66 price tag. I've already picked over the 10 free characters from previous sales and bought all the i13 items I wanted when they were $2.99 each. Even if I got two I already bought for free and asked for a refund on my previous purchase that would only effectively  lower my net cost by  $6 to $60  for the pro bundle

jakiblue said:

And the worst part is that I would have to put up more cash for the Pro bundle rather than use credit I already bought

As much as I may want Lee 8 this may be one of the few Pro Bundles I pass on. Not a good deal at all

Edit to Add  With this offer maybe DAZ will once again say "Oh look, male items don't sell well"

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    gerster said:

Where are you seeing a 20% off offer on Gift Certificates? 

• JOdel said:

It's not an impressive offer at first glance (admittedly, I was due to pick up a new GC to carry me into next month). But I'm going to wait until morning before I do much of anything but put together a potential cart. 

Also not impressed that they decided to launch a new base bundle the evening before a major holiday when there won't be anyone in the office to deal with the inevitable glitches.

I rather stupidly clicked away the purple banner, so I'm not sure precisely what it said beyond the 20% off the GC.

Is it not in your messages if you go to your account, messages, exclusive offers?

I realize that the gift card deal might be for having the two previous pro Lee bundles.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026
    Cybersox said:
    gerster said:

Violet banner, for people who already own previous Lee Pro bundles

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited November 2018
    gerster said:

It's an expensive price for low quality clothing (Hot Shot and Hippusuta), I don't remember the female figures got such ugly textures.

I'm not interested by the bundles.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    Leana said:
    Cybersox said:
    gerster said:

Violet banner, for people who already own previous Lee Pro bundles

Ah.  I bought all the Lee 7 starter bundle and the other PB items peicemeal, so I guess I'm not going to see a purple bar offer.  still, that's no biggee.   It  took less than  three months for the last PB that I passed,  LaTonya,  to drop  to less than 30 bucks on sale and there's nothing in the Lee 8 bundle that I can't wait at least that long for.  

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited February 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • BlackTalonArtsBlackTalonArts Posts: 76
    edited November 2018

Pretty much agree with everyone...my cart is sitting over $100 with 3 add-ons.  Freebies I don't want and a gift card I can't afford.   This is simply way to expensive for a character bundle that doesn't even come close to the previous Lee's.  I like him for what he is, but not sure I'm willing to spend that kind of money at this time.  Things are obviously changing and not for the better. I need to look for another hobby. heh

Post edited by BlackTalonArts on
  • So, rather than spend an hour typing out a huge, pointless rant about this sale, I thought I'd check if there was something else on sale I could spend the credit I bought at 15% off just yesterday.  Well, AprilYSH is on the Featured Artist categories from the only other sale still running, I guess I could pick something up from-- and the Categories that are supposed to be 60% off with no purchase are 40% off.  Skip!

Well, There's Always Another Sale(tm)...

I thought that about finding a new hobby a little while ago LOL. Certainly can no longer afford this one! :) 

Pretty much agree with everyone...my cart is sitting over $100 with 3 add-ons.  Freebies I don't want and a gift card I can't afford.   This is simply way to expensive for a character bundle that doesn't even come close to the previous Lee's.  I like him for what he is, but not sure I'm willing to spend that kind of money at this time.  Things are obviously changing and not for the better. I need to look for another hobby. heh

• jakiblue said:

I thought that about finding a new hobby a little while ago LOL. Certainly can no longer afford this one! :) 

At this point Jaki, no longer can I.  This is generally about $40 more expensive than what I'm used to spending on Bundles.  Even Mei Lin wasn't this expensive.  Even more expensive for you with the conversion of money.  :(   They used to put the HD morphs in the earlier G8 bundles  but I guess they realized they could squeeze more money out of people by making them buy it serperately.   I just spent less money on traditional art supplies.  Anyway, I could go on and on about this but they don't care and it's not going to change.  Welcome to the new future of Daz.

• ButchButch Posts: 797
    jakiblue said:

Especially if you add the $ exchange rate into the equation. 

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557

Once again, the best content isn't in the bundle.

Lee 8 + Lee 8 HD Add-On + Asian SkinWorks L.I.E. Tattoos for Genesis 3 and 8 Male(s) + Casual Spike Hair = $63.62

• jakiblue said:

At this point Jaki, no longer can I.  This is generally about $40 more expensive than what I'm used to spending on Bundles.  Even Mei Lin wasn't this expensive.  Even more expensive for you with the conversion of money.  :(   They used to put the HD morphs in the earlier G8 bundles  but I guess they realized they could squeeze more money out of people by making them buy it serperately.   I just spent less money on traditional art supplies.  Anyway, I could go on and on about this but they don't care and it's not going to change.  Welcome to the new future of Daz.

Oh damn, yea I didn't buy the Mei Lin 8 bundle because of higher prices.  I just bought her, an outfit and hair and saved myself some unessisarily wasted money on things I didn't want. 

• Noah LGP said:

Once again, the best content isn't in the bundle.

Lee 8 + Lee 8 HD Add-On + Asian SkinWorks L.I.E. Tattoos for Genesis 3 and 8 Male(s) + Casual Spike Hair = $63.62

That's still stupid expensive compared to earlier pricing.  63 is about the price everyone is used to paying for a bundle and addons