Got this error message up after I install Genesis 8 Starter Essentials!

I have DAZ Studio 4.10 and after I installed the Genesis 8 Starter Essintials with Install Manager I got this messgae up!

have no idea what it means or what it does and so far DAZ Studio works as normal for me!

Any idea?

Alf

Rubbish.jpg
1920 x 1021 - 295K

Comments

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

That error pops up from time to time,  It mainly effects the smart content pane.  Just close DAZ Studio and re-launch it

• Did you install PostgreSQL? If you don't usualy get the message, try restarting DS - sometimes if you close DIM and start DS (or vice versa) in quick succession PostgreSQL ends up justb closing as the second application starts and so is unavailable. It is needed for all the database views - Smart Content, the Presets tabs of property panes, and Categories and Products in the Content Library pane. it is also used in some other situations, such as geenrating the figure list in AutoFit.

• I just installed the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials and nothing else! I never heard about PostgreSQL before. Don't know where to find it either or if I really need it!

Alf

• It should be in DIM, just make sure it's one of the actual applications and not the Valentina to PostgreSQL conversion tool.

• I have tried to search for the file but can't find it! I have a folder named DAZ3 DIM1 but the file is not there! I also made a search for the file on my computer and the only thing it find

was a file named Remove- DAZPostgresqllCMS.

Alf

• Where? That sounds as if you may have used the stand-alone installer.

• I find it here: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\PostgreSQL CMS\Uninstallers. I don't know if I used the atand-alone installer or not cause it was long time ago.

Alf

• Well, I don't have the uninstallers folder having installed via DIM so yes, that looks like a stand-alone install. I assume there are a lot of other foldrs in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\PostgreSQL CMS\ ?

• The folder looks like this. The error message don't come up everytime so I think I can live with it, if it does not affect anything in DAZ in negative way. I could uninstall everything and make a new install but

think I will loose some of my work etc, so I think avoid that. Thanks anyway!

Alf

PostgreSQL CMS.jpg
    658 x 704 - 104K
  • Could be security software, or as I said it could be from closing DIM or DS and starting a new DS session too soon.