Where do I find the base of Genesis 2 Male etc, at the shop?

Hello!

I have not used DAZ Studio for long time and not done much work since he upgrade to the latest version.

I know where are new version of Genesis figure out there on the market and I don't know where to find them at the DAZ shop.

Genesis 2 Male, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 8 Male and Genesis 8 Female.

So far I manage to find the Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs, Genesis 2 Male Head Morphs and the other Morphs but not the base figure! Genesis 2 Male etc.

I need little help on that cause I am lost! Hope you understand me!

Thanks!

Alf

Comments

• they are in the starter essentials you download on the same page as DS4.9

if you have not already you need to "buy" the free 4.9 and get a serial

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

If you are using DIM for installation, locate the Starter Essential Packs and download them.

If you prefer manual install, go to your account and the product library, locate DAZ Studio 4.X Pro, and when you scroll down to the bottom of the page, below the software downloiad, you will find all items you need in addition to ther software for a good start.

There are store product pages, by the way (i.e. if you need to purchase an interactive license:

Sadly, the one for Genesis 2 doesn't work, and I don't know where you would be able to buy the interactive licence for them.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136

Actually Genesis 2 Starter Essentials does exist in the shop - it's just that the URL was never changed from "female": https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female

• Thank you for your help!

I have DAZ Studio 4.10 Pro 64-bit and think it is register version! On my order history there is a Daz Studio register mention. I have checked also my product Library! I don't know how I manage to get the update to version 4.10 of DAZ Studio, cause it is not mention on my product Library or order history! I had other stuff listed on my Product Library that I did not know about. There were Genesis 3 Starter Essentials I did not know about.

BeeMKay

I used the link for the Genesis 8 starter Essential so I could get it and download it and install it with Install Manager. The only thing that I did not like after the install was that the Install Manager mess things

around in my folders! All other stuff I had are missing in the smart content tab. it also mess things around in the Content library too but all things are somewhere so I had to search for them!

I also read somewhere if you have Genesis starter 8 Essential it is also back compatible for the other version of Genesis!

Thanks for your help!

Alf

• The version of DS4 in yoru product Library/DIM is always the current version, you don't need to do anything beyond download and install.

If you are looking at the Product Library page fro Daz Studio you should have links for all of the Genesis Starter Essentials sets, plus the Default resources (shaders and so on), and plug-ins. The different Geensis figures are indeed different - theer wouldn't be much point otherwise - but Genesis 8 suports AutoFitting (converting) clothes from all previous geenrations of Genesis, and can use Genesis 3 textures.

If you are having trouble fidning your content are you using the default locations or custom locations?

• Hello Richard!

I can find my content after somtime and I think it was my own fault from first time I installed DAZ Studio! I install my content manual cause Install Manager put them somewhere else and

I could not find them! After that I skip the Install Manager and did the install myself! Afte update to DAZ Studio 4.10 I tried to use Install Manager and then it could find DAZ!

I think that cause that I had little problem to find my content! Sometimes the smart content tab on the left does not show anything but it does not matter cause I can find the content

library on the right!

Alf