50 - 60 NVIDIA P104-100 any good for rendering farm?

hello guys....Lets say theoretically that i could have 50-60 NVIDIA P104-100...do you think that i could see some good resluts on rendering speed on latest studio?

thanks guys!

Comments

• Not without a massive investment. You could install a bunch of these, if you were to really go crazy perhaps all of them in a threadripper rig but that would a ridiculous build, and get them all to simultaneously work on the same render but what good could that do? Beyond a certain point you'd get diminishing returns. There's no way to pool the VRAM on these so you're still dealing with 8 Gb per card so that's the biggest render you could ever render and 3 or 4 1080's can render that pretty quick.

Your other option would be to build a whole bunch of rigs with 2 or 3 of these per PC, with some other GPU for a display output as these have no display output, and then put them on a network and figure out a way to transfer scenes to them and have them remote render scenes, but you'd need them all to mirror the assets on the machine where you build the scenes. It would be a whole lot of work for scenes that you could render on 2 or 3 of these cards in les than a couple of minutes. 

Unless you have a whole floor of 3d artists churning out content day and night to feed a render farm I really couldn't see a way to make acquiring these things and the hardware to support them make sense.