a strange bug

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

On C8 Pro, I hv a stange thing, for thefit time: having renders on a batch, the "save" issue isn't done: although all the picture is rendered, the save isn't done, and if I do it manualy, carrara ask about "abort the render?".. buthe render is finished since two hours, in fact!..
I'm the only one having that?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

celmar said:
    On C8 Pro, I hv a stange thing, for thefit time: having renders on a batch, the "save" issue isn't done: although all the picture is rendered, the save isn't done, and if I do it manualy, carrara ask about "abort the render?".. buthe render is finished since two hours, in fact!..
    I'm the only one having that?

If you are rendering a large image and use post render effects such as Depth of Field (DOF) or the 3D Aura for example, it can look as if the render is finished, but Carrara is still applying the effect. The reason it takes longer is that it is not multi-threaded. The larger the image or the better quality setting for the effect that is used, can increase the time it takes.

Of course that's just been my experience. If you don't have any post render effects, then it could be another issue.