Michael 8's silver "parts"

Hi

I am a artist and a novice with Daz3d that I find quite hard to use. Basically I just pose the figure and then render it with the Iray Sun-Sky function. I have just purchased the Michael 8 pro kit. I found the "parts" in the eyebrow file and applied them. They remain silver or white before and after rendering with Iray or 3Delight. How do you get them to have a normal color. I noticed that in the Michal materials file there are things called Gen1 or Gen2 for Iray, but these don't seem to change anything so what are they?

Many thanks for help

Post edited by nicholasstedman1_edfae500ea on

Comments

• Hi

I am a artist and a novice with Daz3d that I find quite hard to use. Basically I just pose the figure and then render it with the Iray Sun-Sky function. I have just purchased the Michael 8 pro kit. I found the "parts" in the eyebrow file and applied them. They remain silver or white before and after rendering with Iray or 3Delight. How do you get them to have a normal color. I noticed that in the Michal materials file there are things called Gen1 or Gen2 for Iray, but these don't seem to change anything so what are they?

Many thanks for help

Those are the material files you need. However, you need to select the gen prop first, then click on those materials so they get applied.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

There is in the Materials section of each of the Characters' section a preset that will apply the skin colors for an Anatomical Elements in both circumcized & uncircumsized fashion. Note there is a Iray material section and a 3DL material section for most character that are Genesis 3 or newer. Those presets are usually labeled something like have the abbreviation 'gen' in the title. On the model itself in the scene tab though you need to remember to select the 'geograph' geometry of the genitals for the preset that applies the skin textures to work. Sometimes there will also be two additional material presets for genitals that applies or removes normal maps and such. 

• Hi

Those are the material files you need. However, you need to select the gen prop first, then click on those materials so they get applied.

Many thanks for you help. There seems to be an improvement - the parts now become dark red when I click gen 1 and another color with gen 2.  Its better than working with a castrated figure even though the extra cost of the Pro verion is exorbitant

• You need to apply gen (that appear silver), after select the figure (in your case Michael) and reapply to the figure the full skin map for iray or 3delight.

• Hi

Many thanks for you help. There seems to be an improvement - the parts now become dark red when I click gen 1 and another color with gen 2.  Its better than working with a castrated figure even though the extra cost of the Pro verion is exorbitant

In my opinion, it doesn't make much sense and I don't think the reasoning has ever been explained. Fortunately, now you don't need to buy any more Pro packs for the Genesis 8 Male if all you needed was the genitalia. However, you will need to buy a Pro pack in the Genesis 3 series if you need to work with those characters and require them to have genitalia. The same goes for Genesis 8 & 3 females. I don't even know if genitalia is even an option for Genesis 2 or older characters unless you somehow build them yourself. Also, be sure to READ thoroughly of what's included if you intend to buy vendor-made custom characters. Not all of them include the "Anatomical Elements" option. I would guess one could just add more of a "bulge" to that area of the shorts or pants that the male character is wearing to simulate the "male package", so to speak.