are yoo a thread killer?

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621

Richard Haseltine said:

Diomede said:

kyoto kid said:

Richard Haseltine said:

LeatherGryphon said:

I had a good image to upload for a quick joke, but the lack of the ability to post images now, might finally kill this thread.indecision

What's the deal with not being able to post images anymore. angry  Is it now a requirement that simple images (jpg, png) have to be hosted from a web server and not directly uploaded to DAZ's servers?  Are our images taking too much storage in their servers?  Hey, it'a a party, and we brought along our luggage.frown  Is that abnormal?

Attachments in general are mostly broken, as are email notifications and at least one mod feature.

...so is this going to get fixed? I am not about to upload "troubleshooting" screenshots to a gallery site to be able to post them here.

Good point.  I used to be in the habit of posting screenshots of my own workflow.  Was very handy because my memory is not what it used to be.

I don't think there is any immediate prospect of a fix, beyond that I do not know.

There is no need to use a gallery site - any kind of fiel host should do; theer is a good chnace you have access to a couple of GB from at least one of OneDrive (associated with, and accessible through, a Hotmail/Outlook email even if you have ripped out the "backup" system in recent Windows), Google drive, or DropBox.

...don't use Outlook or for that matter, any of the MS cloud services as I'm still on W7 Pro and I don't think they support it anymore since its EOL was back in 2020.

Actually had a "window of opportunity" open last night and was able to attach the screen shoot to a post over on the Daz Studio forum.

• kyoto kid said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Diomede said:

kyoto kid said:

Richard Haseltine said:

LeatherGryphon said:

I had a good image to upload for a quick joke, but the lack of the ability to post images now, might finally kill this thread.indecision

What's the deal with not being able to post images anymore. angry  Is it now a requirement that simple images (jpg, png) have to be hosted from a web server and not directly uploaded to DAZ's servers?  Are our images taking too much storage in their servers?  Hey, it'a a party, and we brought along our luggage.frown  Is that abnormal?

Attachments in general are mostly broken, as are email notifications and at least one mod feature.

...so is this going to get fixed? I am not about to upload "troubleshooting" screenshots to a gallery site to be able to post them here.

Good point.  I used to be in the habit of posting screenshots of my own workflow.  Was very handy because my memory is not what it used to be.

I don't think there is any immediate prospect of a fix, beyond that I do not know.

There is no need to use a gallery site - any kind of fiel host should do; theer is a good chnace you have access to a couple of GB from at least one of OneDrive (associated with, and accessible through, a Hotmail/Outlook email even if you have ripped out the "backup" system in recent Windows), Google drive, or DropBox.

...don't use Outlook or for that matter, any of the MS cloud services as I'm still on W7 Pro and I don't think they support it anymore since its EOL was back in 2020.

Actually had a "window of opportunity" open last night and was able to attach the screen shoot to a post over on the Daz Studio forum.

Not Outlook the applicatuon - Outlook/Hotmail webmail account, which works in just about any browser on .any system that can go online. GMail similarly gives access to Google drive. Both limited to 2GB of data.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,030

Helpful information? You're never gonna kill a thread that way.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

TJohn said:

Thats definitely what I avoid... in fact it's probably sheerly coincidence if the placement of my words makes a readable sentence pan hammer knot chicken sock.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,925

McGyver said:

TJohn said:

Thats definitely what I avoid... in fact it's probably sheerly coincidence if the placement of my words makes a readable sentence pan hammer knot chicken sock.

just wait until they add ChatGPT to the forum 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

WendyLuvsCatz said:

McGyver said:

TJohn said:

just wait until they add ChatGPT to the forum 

I'm still hoping they'll add "Attach a File" to the forum first...

...exactly.

edited July 2023

...posting to an external source does have one caveat, broken links. I see them even here in the  forums.

I'll just keep rolling the dice so to say until its actually fixed.  Sometimes, lke the other night, I get lucky.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760

I got an idea!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,442

onwards and upwards...

Where is my toothbrush?  My dentist apparently wants me to brush my teeth before going to bed.  I think flossing was included too.  Where is my pack of dental flossers then?

maybe one of these friends know?

IMG_8891.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    IMG_8889.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    IMG_8888.jpeg
    1435 x 1899 - 2M
    IMG_8893.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    IMG_8898.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    IMG_8896.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    IMG_8812.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M

I'm hungry!

...I just warmed up some chili but it would only make a mess of things trying to get it to where you are via GMail. 

I'm drinking coffee!  ☕️ 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,217
    edited July 2023

TJohn said:

I'm drinking coffee!  ☕️ 

Very good.yes That's a productive thing to do with it.enlightened  Better than most alternatives.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I'm drinking Diet Coke!

• Cobalt42Cobalt42 Posts: 26

I am having a Mug Root beer!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,269

kyoto kid said:

...posting to an external source does have one caveat, broken links. I see them even here in the  forums.

Even linking to the Daz gallery has this issue since the gallery update a year or two back.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,455

Posting to the gallery and not publishing it "seems" to be working fine

...I had ice green tea with mango a short while ago.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

..just read the latest post in here..

edited August 2023

kyoto kid said:

...I had ice green tea with mango a short while ago.

Did you both enjoy it?

Hmmm..., Mango, wasn't he that animated lizard with Johnny Depp's voice? 

Or was he the burly cowboy who sucker punched a horse? 

I want a cup of mango green tea with a piece of fresh mango in it.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

If Dzjugasjvili was around today, he would simply state: No user - No thread

yes

edited August 2023

Sven Dullah said:

If Dzjugasjvili was around today, he would simply state: No user - No thread

yes

Ah, Yakov Dzujgasjvili.  There's a name I hadn't heard in, ever.indecision Nor his son Yevgeny's either.

I am trying to figure out my content.

I'm fairly content, most days.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,925
    edited August 2023

my content fortunately passes daily 

but I get fissures that bleed sometimes 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited August 2023