Combine objects?

Is it possible to combine a figure wearing clothes into a single mesh?

Comments

• Posable or a static prop? You can simply export the lot to OBJ, but then you'd have to reapply materials (unless they were very basic). Rob does have a sample script, but that ends with multiple static objects http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/nodes/convert_figure_to_props/start

• There is an option in the Geometry Editor right-click menu called Merge Fitted Figue(s) Geometry.

I used it once a while ago but I remember that I struggled with it. The geometry got merged but I realised that all shape morphs that usualy are set to auto-follow and share the same name are gone from the merged item. This could be caused simply by the naming conflict of the morphs.

You could rename all the auto-follow morphs on the clothing item by adding something into the name before using Merge Fitted Figue(s) Geometry. With this they can be found in the figure lateron thats how I did this. But next you would need to link them back together with the actual figure morph. You could also use ERC linking with the Property Hirarchy pane. Or you could combine the morphs by dialing up both sliders export OBJ, delete both morphs, open Morph Loader Pro and load back the combined shape morph from the OBJ. All in all much work, I wonder if there are some improvments on the Merge Fitted Figue(s) Geometry function since the last time I tried this.