Installing Daz on New PC with SSD and HDD

Hi - I just bought a new PC. I would like the bulk of Daz files to be on my 2TB HDD, because my SSD is only 250GB. I want all of the heavy storage ("My Daz Library" with the runtime files, etc) to be on the big drive.

Can I install everything on the HDD and run Daz from there, or is it recommended to put the actual program on the SSD and point the files that I download through DIM on the HDD? How do I do that?

Comments

• That question is answered in the DAZ Studio 4 Installation Guide Windows

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5403/daz-studio-4-installation-guide-windows#latest

• Personally, I would put the Daz Studio software on your SDD and the product library on the HDD.  That's exactly how I have done it for the same reason as you - limited space on the SDD.

You can specify the paths for software installation and content in the Installation tab of the DIM.  See the attached image.  Software - Daz Studio - will install to the fairly standard paths on the C drve; content installs to the path on D.  (I could have put the manifest files on D, but they don't take up much space.)  Note that I do not use Daz Connect for anything so I cannot help with how to set where that would put your content downloads.

(The path that DIM uses for the 'package archive' is set on the Downloads tab of the DIM.  I believe you can delete these files once the content is installed if you need the space.)

dim-install.JPG
    980 x 682 - 75K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Warning!  Run DIM in offline mode the first time so you can set the preferences otherwise it jst automatically starts downloading and install to the default locations.

• Thank you all, this is very helpful!!