Beta vs nonbeta

KaboomKaboom Posts: 40
edited November 2018 in New Users

Hi.

I´m not really new to Daz, but I am in the process of reinstalling stuff on my computer.

When it comes to Daz, I am a little curious wether I should install the Beta or not.

I have read the changelogs and all that, but I´m still unsure.

So, what benefits will the beta give me over the stable version? In terms of new functionality or speed increase, specifically.

I have an old slow computer if that influences the choice any.

Thanks for any help.

Post edited by Kaboom on

Comments

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

The main benefit that people have been discussing with the Beta version of Studio is the new filtering options which will cut back on the amount of noise that you see in your Iray renders. There are some other tweaks and improvements, but a lot of the discussion is about the filters. I'm not sure it would be "faster" but the resulting images are generally higher quality.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

The good thing is, you don't have to decide on one or the other. You can install both, the BETA and the stable version, side by side. I've done this for quite some time now. But make sure you read the installation instructions for the Beta in the Beta thread. smiley

• KaboomKaboom Posts: 40

Thanks guys.

I might as well use this thread to as another thing I´ve been thinking about.

Are there advances in mesh/technology between genesis8 (the base) and the different daz original figures that come ou(like Mika, Victoria, Charlotte etc)?

Or are they just charactermorphs? I have been pretty much just using genesis and making my own morphs, but I have always wondered if I am missing some updates for each of these figures.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992
    edited November 2018

They are just morphs, but usually come with better quality skins, and HD add ons, and the Pro package has genitalia meshes.

The differences are between the bases - V4/M4/S4, G1, G2, G3, G8 all have different base meshes and different skin UV.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • You can find links to the release threads, along with the current version numbers, which will give an overview of new features in the first post or so here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/start