Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,894
    edited December 2019

Classic fur cape vs others.

LucasBridget05pic03.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 319K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • SadeSade Posts: 883
    Artini: does it have story of the characters? The meeting title made me curious!

Sorry, no story, yet.

The title just looks appriopriate for that render.

edited December 2019

More fun with the fur...

Cat06pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 302K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • This so cute, I like it!

Thanks a lot. You and Sade have created a very nice set, together..

Happy new year for everybody <3

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,728

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the great textures you did on Charming Rogue: Showtime! Please take a look at Jasper Black.

• JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249
    barbult said:
    sade said:

ok, i seems hyperactive lately.

today:

- pbr denim: two sided, like the real denim, not a simple shader

+bonus fashion patches

https://www.daz3d.com/double-layer-denim-iray-shader-with-patches

some example:

I bought this, but I am having a problem with it. I did an animated dForce simulation of a garment and then applied the denim shaders at the end of the animated simulation. I was on frame 60. Everything I applied the shader to rendered black. It only seems to apply correctly if the timeline is set to frame 0. Sometimes I can go back to frame 0 and apply the shaders and then go to frame 60 again to render the final pose and it will be OK, but that is not consistent. I think that once the denim shader is applied in the last timeline frame, going back to frame 0 doesn't fix it. In that case I had to delete the garment and add it back in and start over. I have never seen this issue with any other shader I have tried.

I am using DS 4.12.1.40.

Denim shader applied in timeline frame 60

Denim applied in frame 60

Denim applied in timeline frame 0, then timeline set to frame 60 to render

Denim applied in frame 0

We are looking into this but i need to know Barbwhat dress is that that you are using?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited February 2020
    barbult said:
    sade said:

ok, i seems hyperactive lately.

today:

- pbr denim: two sided, like the real denim, not a simple shader

+bonus fashion patches

https://www.daz3d.com/double-layer-denim-iray-shader-with-patches

some example:

I bought this, but I am having a problem with it. I did an animated dForce simulation of a garment and then applied the denim shaders at the end of the animated simulation. I was on frame 60. Everything I applied the shader to rendered black. It only seems to apply correctly if the timeline is set to frame 0. Sometimes I can go back to frame 0 and apply the shaders and then go to frame 60 again to render the final pose and it will be OK, but that is not consistent. I think that once the denim shader is applied in the last timeline frame, going back to frame 0 doesn't fix it. In that case I had to delete the garment and add it back in and start over. I have never seen this issue with any other shader I have tried.

I am using DS 4.12.1.40.

Denim shader applied in timeline frame 60

Denim applied in frame 60

Denim applied in timeline frame 0, then timeline set to frame 60 to render

Denim applied in frame 0

We are looking into this but i need to know Barbwhat dress is that that you are using?

Jen, that is a dress I made in Marvelous Designer. But you can see the same problem on the handbag and the shoes, which came from the Daz Store. When I get back to my computer, I'll look up what products they came from. I applied the denim shaders to all of those things.

Post edited by barbult on

It doesn't matter what the object is that the denim shader is applied to. I recreated the problem with simple primitive cubes. Do this:

1. Create a new scene.
    2. Open the Timeline pane.
    3. Create two primitive cubes.
    4. Drag one cube to the side so they are not on top of each other.
    5. With the timeline on keyframe 0, apply the denim shader to one of the cubes.
    6. Move the timeline current time to keyframe 30.
    7. Apply the denim shader to the other cube.
    8. You will see that both cubes look fine in the viewport.
    9. Render the scene with Iray.
    10. You will see that the first cube renders fine, but the second cube that had the shader applied at frame 30 renders very very dark.
    duf
    duf
    Denim Cubes.duf
    Denim Cubes.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    edited February 2020

When I reopened the Denim Cubes scene, it rendered correctly. It appears the problem happens only during the session when the shader is applied. Once the file is saved and reopened, the shader renders correctly again.

Post edited by barbult on

hullo, sorry, i got mail from Jen, it will fix asap

thank you for your patience, and sorry about it <3

xyer0: i wrote it onto my list!

Thank you!

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    Hi sade, I made a winter coat for myself and wanted to add a wool shader for it. Something like heavy double face wool, a but fuzzy on the surface but not quite as furry like real fur or towel material. I looked through my library of shaders and couldn't find one suitable. I went to the store, browsed through and found one set (the business shader set) but it's more fine and thin woven wool like. Not the heavy coat wool like.

I'm not sure whether this gap exists because heavy wool material would sell zero copies or because nobody thought of it yet. As a customer it's hard to tell. Just wanted to bring to your attention I noticed this gap and since you and Jen are the uncrowned queens of all DAZ fabric shaders maybe you can do something about it (or you know whether this is left out intentionally because no market interest).

I feel we have a good coverage of different fabric shaders by now and I feel this is still missing.

i dont think i plan make wool shaders, sorry

however it will be released (i dont know when), where i used a same type fabrics :D

I could really use a set of shaders suitable for a business suit, but since many vendors don't bother to provide separate surfaces for the sleeves, body, lapel, etc., I probably could only use it in a few cases. There is a Classic Suit fabric shader set, but it's not suitable for modern suits. I look forward to the eventual release of your set.

sade said:

i dont think i plan make wool shaders, sorry

however it will be released (i dont know when), where i used a same type fabrics :D

If you happen to release a shader pack that includes wool textures here is one greatly anticipating it!

Asari: if you send your coat in private, im gladly texturing to you :) i dont think i will release shader pack in close future :( :) (I think i have one half ready, what rest at GHDesign, she will finish (apply into daz) somewhen.

I haven't seen an update to the denim shaders yet. It that still coming?
    barbult said:
    I haven't seen an update to the denim shaders yet. It that still coming?

yeah, they work on it. Jen told she will fix soon

Thank you.
    sade said:

Asari: if you send your coat in private, im gladly texturing to you :) i dont think i will release shader pack in close future :( :) (I think i have one half ready, what rest at GHDesign, she will finish (apply into daz) somewhen.

Thx! Sent a PM.

ok, it seemed i disappeared, but im not. i hope you liked the textures for valentino bundle, all of textures was my work, and i m quite proud of them :D

i want write some upcoming project, probably you interest :D

probably i will forgot few of them, but im afraid i will overwhelm you this way too :D

With John (who is my main partner in crimes) reworked Evgeniya's dress (of course with permission), and gave totally new life to it. I hope you will like the little sneak peak. The whole set will be cyberpunk/futuristic themed dress, so it brings freshness, even if you use swimsuit, or body.

96504295_571058123518075_9141232346391904256_n.png
    1000 x 1300 - 958K

The second project is pretty old, and .. ah well. i love to make shaders, but my themes not too succesful. now i choosed rattan shaders, made with the shader goddes Jen Greenless, its very ready. I know, its also not will be over used, and "standard", but i hope it will be super handy, if somebody needs a rattan shader. (extra kudos for GHDesign, who made a nice enviroment renders for me)

94884176_622675014954823_2222291391201935360_n.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    ArchDetail Balcon.png
    2000 x 1300 - 4M
    Palm Resort.png
    2000 x 1300 - 5M

If we talks about GHDesign, who is also hungarian, we made a persian carpet pack (mesh included). Every carpet have a new, and used version. I also attach some sneak peak. I really enjoyed to make it, and it will be released on my birthday (19 of may)

so i really show just a little sneak peak

001.jpg
    2500 x 1625 - 4M

Antfarm made a super awesome robot dog, probably heard about it. I m a big fan of his works, and could not resist make a texture addon pack for it. Since im afraid i m a bit overwhelmed John with different project, GHDesign helped me out, and teamed me up for this project.

Also i barely cant sleep because i wait the release so much.

(yeah, im terrible making promos, please be kind)

ribirobi.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 751K
    004.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 803K
    002.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 714K
    promosko.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 2M

Did i mentioned i love shaders? I want open to architect stuffs.. carpets, furnitures, etc.. and so many stuff for youngers.. so we made a Kid Room Carpets with John. Yeah, i know, its not sell well than the victoria's secret alike outfits, but tell the truth i just had to make it. With it you can totally change any room. And like my other carpets, unlike the carpet shaders what i saw, its fit the threads exactly. If you know what i mean. <3

95536338_567902663862187_2435661264773447680_n.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 568K
    95461517_237644730783398_6313303437777829888_n.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 510K

Stick with the Kid's room, we throught to the furnitures too. Also thread precise, with base color, and patterned designs. Also with John <3

93674970_259607905212931_5923419848678834176_n.png
    2048 x 1582 - 8M