My content not sholwing up correctly in the latest Daz Studio pro

Hi Everyone,

It seems that the content not showing up correctly for me problem has shown up again for me. I have an open ticket with support on this but I thought I would ask you all for help.\\

My system is Windows 8.1 with multiple logical drive partitions. During the install process for Studio I let it take the default paths at first. Thats when I discovered that there was a problem with koding in my content. The install product works okay but the install update does not. It acts like it goes through the update process and then back to the curvy arrow on the content icon. 

I installed Studio through the install manager (that's the onl;y way I figure tht I can install Studio.

Then I try to install my content through the Studio interface and or the install manager. Which ever way I choose to install my content I get the "Install update" curvy left arroow once again.\

Why am I having so much pproblem with loading in content and content updates. Please help me.............

Thanks,

Randy

Randy Nash.jpg
3600 x 1200 - 349K

Comments

• Right-click on the product icon and select Browse to Folder Location, then check to see if there any .part files.

• Hi Richard,,

There are no PART files at the top of the dir selected but if I drill down into one of the dir's there are PART files.Please see the attached screen shot.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy Nash Showing PART files.jpg
    3840 x 1200 - 464K
  • Yes, that's what I meant  -the .part fiels are, as their extension implies, partial files that are not fully downloading. Oddly, when I just tried Connect installing that I don't even have the Poser MC6 files, so I'm not sure what is going on. Try uninstalling, close DS, make sure the folder is gone, and reinstall.

• Hi Richard,

I did as you suggested but the problem I think is that when I uninstall Studio it comes back withh dir's "My DAZ 3D Library" that I put in the content manager a long time a go. See the attached picture. Please tell me if you would what are the DEFAULT dir's that belong in the content manager as I can't seem to get rid of them from the point of Studio when I unsinstall Studio. I would think when you uninstall a program like this all it's user configured settings are then put back to default.. I can get rid of them from the system side. That's no problem. But when I deleted those dir's from explorer they were gone. I even deleted them from the trash can. The picture I attached shows My DAZ 3D Library being there on the system as I restoreed it from the trsh can so it's showing up in windows explorer, I drilled down in all the dir's underneath My DAZ 3D Lib... and the sub dir's were empty. Even though I tried to install a character and update the next one to it as seen in the screen capture. Nothing has changed.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy Nash Not sure which dirs belong in the studio content manager.jpg
    3840 x 1200 - 452K
  • I meant uninstall the product, not DS.

In general, uninstalling should affect only the installed application, not user settings or files, and that's how DS usually behaves - if it's resetting the paths i suspect you are using some kind of additional utility, which may itself trigger issues.

• Nope not using anything special on my system or utility to mangle my settings or paths. The only utility I have on my system that messes with anything is O&O Defrag. And that only works on the disk sectors. Everything else works correctly on my system why not Studio? Not saying there is anything wrong with studio, but something here is amiss.

• Okay I right clicked on Deco Living 1 and did an Uninstall.  I was holding my breath because it turned into a regular install icon with the downward triangle. I was yeah we did it. Or better yet you did it.

But then as soon as I did an "Install" from this item, I was sure it was going to fix the problem. But it went right back to a right curvy arrow.......   See my attached file where it shows the Deco Living 1 with a downard poiting triangle, instead of the curvy arrow.

I thought it might be something the PATH commnd could show us. But that only appears to show system paths.

Can you show paths that are associated with an application from the cmd line?  I am not really a windows guy at heart, I came from Unix at work where at IBM I did customer support on a network management product called Netview which ran on all flavors of Unix, Linux and yes even windows.

Randy Nash right clicked and chose Uninstall from a content results.jpg
    3840 x 1200 - 411K
  • Hi Richard,

I was thinking self, self lets create another user on my pc and see if they get the same problem. As you can see from the attached picture it's working with a new user created on my win system. So why does that fix it? I'd hate to swap back and forth between users all the time just to run Studio. I have attached another file with the NEW users settings in Studio. I have not touched these at all. Can you tell me from comparing them (Studio settings from original user and new user) both what if at all I can fix on my original user to make studio to work over there as well?  I have installed the first 6 pieces of content in the picture no problem. It's interesting that they don't come in on the new user with anything but install., No install update where ever that comes from. This should be something we can fix on my original user ID now that I have pointed to where the problem is.  Thanks Richard.....

Randy Nash Signed on with a NEW User.jpg
    3840 x 1200 - 584K
  • OK, that begins to sound like a possible issue with the decoding of the files (all files are delivered encrypted and then decoded once they are on your system, so thata CDN can be sued to deliver them rather than having to go through the daz servers). When you create a new user you get a new database. Unfortuantely I think when this happens you probably have to completely reset the database on your regular account, though you can export user data to avoid losing your own changes/additions:

to export the user data

1. open the Content Library option menu - the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab
    2. select Content DB Maintenance
    3. check Export Userdata
    4. click Accept

Now uninstall the problem products

to reset the database

1. open the Content Library option menu - the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab
    3. check Reset Database
    4. click Accept

to reimport the metadata

3. check Reimport Metadata
    4. click Accept
    5. check the User data files and Product files in the next dialogue via the master checkboxes
    6. click Accept

Now connect to DS and try reinstalling the problem items - you will also need to "reinstall" other Connect installed items, which is one of the big pains with this solution (along with losing New flags) but since the fiels will be there it should be a fairly quick process.

• Hi Richard,

Yeah the dB reset did the trick... You the man. I had no customization going on so it was a real good fix for me.

thanks again for your fantastic service.

case closed....

Randy